1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 17:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    How could I know the answer to it? I can't read your mind. I thought most Christians believe that salvation was dished out in return for believing in Jesus, but you clearly said that there is nothing you can do to achieve salvation.
    Because I know you have had a knowledge of the gospel in the past and understand the nuances as detailed in the bible.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 17:05
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'll tell you what. I'm going to wait for it to happen in this thread. When it does, I will point it out to you.
    And it is error.

Whether or not a person sins or not has no bearing to the casual onlooker as to whether that person being observed is saved or not. It is a matter between them and God. There are people who could be saved and commit sin and there are those who sin and claim to be saved and are not. It is not doctrine it's just possibility.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 17:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Because I know you have had a knowledge of the gospel in the past and understand the nuances as detailed in the bible.
    So how would my knowledge of the gospel help me to read your mind?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 17:31
    So how would my knowledge of the gospel help me to read your mind?
    Oh dear, still pretending you didn't know what I meant by "why ask questions to answers you already know". I'm not going to explain how you get saved to you twhitehead, because you already know from your prior knowledge of the gospel. You can play this "how can I read your mind" game all night if you want to.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 17:42
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    But how could you truly lose something that God freely gives?
    You may have mistaken me for someone interested in participating in this debate. I'm just using it as a little social experiment to see if predictable arguments pop up even after you predict them.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 17:46
    And it is error.

Whether or not a person sins or not has no bearing to the casual onlooker as to whether that person being observed is saved or not. It is a matter between them and God. There are people who could be saved and commit sin and there are those who sin and claim to be saved and are not. It is not doctrine it's just possibility.
    Hey - deferring to God - there's an idea. Maybe God could get more respect in these kinds of debates?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 17:51
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Hey - deferring to God - there's an idea. Maybe God could get more respect in these kinds of debates?
    Depends of his chess rating I guess 😛
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 17:59
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    To believe in this concept, is ridiculous. It would be like saying, "today" I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. And tomorrow I can do whatever I want, because I am "saved". Doing whatever I want, to commit all manner of sin, but look I am a child of God.

Has know one ever read, where Jesus is talking about those at judgement. You faithful co ...[text shortened]... e, we healed people in your name." Then the Lord said to them, "Away from me, I never knew you".
    The confusion is who recieves this salvation and when it is granted to them.
    No where does the Bible say ALL humans who believe in Jesus and God's Kingdom will be saved. The Bible was not talking about all humans when this was said but only a select few.
    Secondly the scripture says they "WILL" be saved as in a future time. If salvation happened the minute someone professes they "believe" the scriptures would have said you are saved "then" which they do not.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 18:081 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The confusion is who recieves this salvation and when it is granted to them.
    No where does the Bible say ALL humans who believe in Jesus and God's Kingdom will be saved. The Bible was not talking about all humans when this was said but only a select few.
    Secondly the scripture says they "WILL" be saved as in a future time. If salvation happened the ...[text shortened]... professes they "believe" the scriptures would have said you are saved "then" which they do not.
    1 John 2:2 New International Version
    He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Mark 8:34 (KJV) "Whosoever will, come after me..."

"And whosoever will, let him take of the water of life freely." (Revelation 22:17)
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 18:102 edits
    Join my religious cult or face everlasting death...

Be saved but watch out if you don't follow (our) rules or you lose the gift Christ died to GIVE you...

It's depressing.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 18:18
    Ephesians 1:13,14.. And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 18:21
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Ephesians 1:13,14.. And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
    Glad we found something we agree on.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 18:29
    Oh dear, still pretending you didn't know what I meant by "why ask questions to answers you already know". I'm not going to explain how you get saved to you twhitehead, because you already know from your prior knowledge of the gospel. You can play this "how can I read your mind" game all night if you want to.
    Yes, I already know from my prior knowledge of the gospel. I was not asking you what I think the gospel says. I was asking what you think given that what you said contradicts what I think, and more importantly given that what you said makes no sense whatsoever.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 18:45
    Yes, I already know from my prior knowledge of the gospel. I was not asking you what I think the gospel says. I was asking what you think given that what you said contradicts what I think, and more importantly given that what you said makes no sense whatsoever.
    Well why don't you tell me what you think and then we can go from there, instead of all this silly mind reading stuff.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 19:36
    Well why don't you tell me what you think and then we can go from there, instead of all this silly mind reading stuff.
    I already told you what you think, and then asked you for your opinion. Its you thats being silly. Go back and read through the thread. Your avoidance tactics are ridiculous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree