The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Arguing that there is a 'disconnect' between what people believe they are and actually are with regards to something that is neither right nor wrong sounds pretty moot to me.
Your riff on whether "humility" is "right or wrong" is a red herring. It's got nothing whatsoever to do with the self-deceiving way the word "humility" is used. Read the thread.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@ragwort said
Do you extend your "disconnect" to Jesus himself in this case?
A disconnect between what and what?

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
Your riff on whether "humility" is "right or wrong" is a red herring. It's got nothing whatsoever to do with the self-deceiving way the word "humility" is used. Read the thread.
Do you believe you have the monopoly when it comes to interpreting the meaning of the word 'humility'?

Do you words, 'humble heart' mean anything to you?

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Do you believe you have the monopoly when it comes to interpreting the meaning of the word 'humility'?
If you believe "born again" Christians do not use it incorrectly [either deceptively or self-deceptively] - as I have argued - then make your case.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Do you words, 'humble heart' mean anything to you?
Make your case about the word "humility" and see if you can do it without asking me silly questions.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Oct 18

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
If you believe "born again" Christians do not use it incorrectly [either deceptively or self-deceptively] - as I have argued - then make your case.
The thing is you are not addressing being "humble", all you are doing is just
smearing Christians. Humble is a lower estimation of one's self which is required
for following Christ as one as to admits one's faults and accepting the
righteousness of another over our own, because you acknowledge your own
righteousness isn't good enough even at your best

If you are your own standard of right and wrong, then judging others by your own
standards are the traits of someone with a high estimation of one's self and
importance. Now can you see someone in the name of Jesus Christ have a great
deal of self importance, sure. People can claim to be anything they want, but
anyone who actually does turn to the Lord, must do so acknowledging their faults
and giving their lives to Him.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
The thing is you are not addressing being "humble", all you are doing is just
smearing Christians. Humble is a lower estimation of one's self which is required

If you are your ...[text shortened]... ctually does turn to the Lord, must do so acknowledging their faults
and giving their lives to Him.
The points I put to you - which you are still sudestepping - are on page 1. From what you are saying, it seems as if you haven't even read them.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Humble is a lower estimation of one's self which is required
"Lower" than what? "Lower" than whom?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
The only standard that matters God’s, but even comparing one’s self to others shows foolishness and pride. Pride would be thinking you are better than anyone else when we all fall short, foolishness in thinking that one is good by comparison to other sinners. When we are all sinners being the best of the worst is still the worst.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
The only standard that matters God’s, but even comparing one’s self to others shows foolishness and pride.
You insist that you and your fellow religionists have their "wickedness and evil" forgiven and will enjoy immortality as a reward for dogma you believe while all others will be tortured for eternity for their "wickedness and evil". You believe you will be "saved" because of thoughts in your head and that people like me will be tortured without end because the thoughts in my head are different from yours. To characterize this self-perception as "humility" is laughable.

Moves
10 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
The only standard that matters God’s, but even comparing one’s self to others shows foolishness and pride. Pride would be thinking you are better than anyone else when we all fall short, foolishness in thinking that one is good by comparison to other sinners. When we are all sinners being the best of the worst is still the worst.
Comparing oneself to others in an arrogant manner is indeed spoken against in scripture, but having pride in ones own accomplishments is positively encouraged. - Consider Galatians 6:4:

'Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else.'

F

Moves
10 Oct 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
@fmf said

@kellyjay said
The only standard that matters God’s...

What does it matter to other people that you are "humble" in your own mind in relation to a god figure you happen to believe in, or the boogieman under your bed, or your favourite teddy bear? Things like humility and self-exaltation are interpersonal dynamics between human beings. You have insisted that I am a follower of "Satan" and that I do "his" work. Are you a follower of "Satan" and someone who does "his" work?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
You insist that you and your fellow religionists have their "wickedness and evil" forgiven and will enjoy immortality as a reward for dogma you believe while all others will be tortured for eternity for their "wickedness and evil". You believe you will be "saved" because of thoughts in your head and that people like me will be tortured without end because the thoughts in my head are different from yours. To characterize this self-perception as "humility" is laughable.
No, the love of God and Jesus sacrifice salvation is given. It is God’s gift nothing to do with me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
@fmf said

@kellyjay said
The only standard that matters God’s...

What does it matter to other people that you are "humble" in your own mind in relation to a god figure you happen to believe in, or the boogieman under your bed, or your favourite teddy bear? Things like humility and self-exaltation are interpersona ...[text shortened]... of "Satan" and that I do "his" work. Are you a follower of "Satan" and someone who does "his" work?
Putting words in my mouth now, stick with what is said.