The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Claiming I am a sinner not worthy of the gift God gives, is prideful?
The lack of humility - indeed the proactive conceit and immodesty - is found in the specific elements of belief I mentioned on page 1 and thereafter. Page 9 and you're still blanking out what I've put to you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
The lack of humility - indeed the proactive conceit and immodesty - is found in the specific elements of belief I mentioned on page 1 and thereafter. Page 9 and you're still blanking out what I've put to you.
You are seeing things you want to see and claiming knowledge you don’t have.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
You are seeing things you want to see and claiming knowledge you don’t have.
Still blanking it out.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
Still blanking it out.
No, just coming to the realization that this is all you. It has nothing to do with anything else.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
No, just coming to the realization that this is all you. It has nothing to do with anything else.
It has everything to do with the argument I put to you on page 1 which you are still deflecting about here on page 10.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
It has everything to do with the argument I put to you on page 1 which you are still deflecting about here on page 10.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
You see it the way you want to, I disagree. Not going to argue when we both look at the same thing and draw different conclusions because I don’t have your physic abilities to grasp what is going on in another’s mind.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
You see it the way you want to, I disagree. Not going to argue when we both look at the same thing and draw different conclusions because I don’t have your physic abilities to grasp what is going on in another’s mind.
You haven't even acknowledged the content of what's been put to you. You just keep on making pouty personal remarks. You don't need "psychic abilities". You just need to read and respond. Page 1. You say "we both look at the same thing and draw different conclusions" but you are studiously sidestepping what the "thing" is. The issue is not your discomfort or your irritation with me; the issue is the actual content of what I have put to you. Don't run away like this.

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
Why are you aking me again? Like I have already said, I have no moral ideology that I attach to "humility" per se ~ nor its opposite for that matter. As far as I am concerned, where there is no deception, no harm, and no coercion, people can engage in "humility"- or its opposite, as I said before - and, in and of itself - we would not be talking of "good" or "bad".
It is just to confirm that all your arguments are rendered moot.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
You haven't even acknowledged the content of what's been put to you. You just keep on making pouty personal remarks. You don't need "psychic abilities". You just need to read and respond. Page 1. You say "we both look at the same thing and draw different conclusions" but you are studiously sidestepping what the "thing" is. The issue is not your discomfort or your irritation with me; the issue is the actual content of what I have put to you. Don't run away like this.
"although it seems more like complete and utter immodesty to me"

What the world or Christians seem like to you is of no concern of mine.
You will stand and give an account no different than I will.
There is nothing you have said that requires acknowledgement from me, you
expressed your opinion, and even though it may seem like a factual statement
to you, it is only your opinion to me.
We disagree.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
"although it seems more like complete and utter immodesty to me"

What the world or Christians seem like to you is of no concern of mine.
There is nothing you have said that requires acknowledgement from me, you
expressed your opinion, and even though it may seem like a factual statement
to you, it is only your opinion to me.
We disagree.
More whining deflection. The content of what I have put to you: still being sidestepped, steadfastly, after 10 pages.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
It is just to confirm that all your arguments are rendered moot.
Don't be silly.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
So you are supposedly going to be tortured by burning for eternity for your "evil and wickedness" no different from me?

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
It is quite possible to read the OP scripture as Jesus having a snide pop at Pharisees, with whom he was in dispute and tax collectors whom everyone dislikes, like he was down the pub with his mates after work. Do you extend your "disconnect" to Jesus himself in this case?

Moves
10 Oct 18
1 edit

@fmf said
Don't be silly.
Arguing that there is a 'disconnect' between what people believe they are and actually are with regards to something that is neither right nor wrong sounds pretty moot to me.