The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
And?
You accuse, but that is all. I shared what I said "humility" was, went into detail.
All you have done is make accusations, you think not.
I cannot help what you think, the tenets of my faith says that all have sinned and
fallen short of the glory of God, that Jesus died for sinners, that only God is good.
So not much for a Christian to be personally proud of when i ...[text shortened]... don't accept what I say, its on them
not me. You are condemning and accusing, so who are you again?
You haven't addressed my 2nd post on page 1. Christian "born again"-ism is the opposite of what the English language word "humility" means. For the reasons I have given. Which you have not addressed. They are still there. You are what you post KellyJay. You are also what you don't post.

Moves
09 Oct 18
1 edit

@fmf said
You haven't addressed my 2nd post on page 1. Christian "born again"-ism is the opposite of what the English language word "humility" means. For the reasons I have given. Which you have not addressed. They are still there. You are what you post KellyJay. You are also what you don't post.
Based upon your understanding of the word 'humility', would you describe the pharisee or the tax collector as humble? Or neither?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
I don't think you 2nd post on page one had born again in it. You mean your 3rd?
The one where your judgment is proclaimed like this?

"It's arrogant and conceited and egotistical. It's the diametrically opposite of humility."

Its your opinion, you condemn others for their faith, the one you claimed to have
walked away from. Are you are judging people, or their faith don't know, don't
care, you are judging. Doing that you are placing yourself in the same seat as that
Pharisee.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18
3 edits

@dj2becker said
In the OP would you describe the pharisee or the tax collector as humble? Or neither?
Unlike for 21st century self-declared "born again" Christians, I don't have any terms of reference for the religious practices of Pharisee Jews 2,000 years ago. I am basically nonplussed by the superstitious things he says in the parable. If talking to his god figure like that is what he wanted to do, then that's OK, I suppose. I am unaware of the relationship between his words and any standard that Pharisee Jews might have set for themselves two millennia ago. So I see no disconnect. By contrast, I do see a disconnect between KellyJay's use of the word "humility" and the ideology he propagates here day in day out.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
I don't think you 2nd post on page one had born again in it. You mean your 3rd?
Yes.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Its your opinion, you condemn others for their faith, the one you claimed to have
walked away from. Are you are judging people, or their faith don't know, don't
care, you are judging. Doing that you are placing yourself in the same seat as that
Pharisee.
This is a deflection. "It's your opinion" is not an argument or debating point or a genuine response.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
This is a deflection. "It's your opinion" is not an argument or debating point or a genuine response.
LOL, your condemnation isn't your opinion you think its a fact?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
Unlike for 21st century self-declared "born again" Christians, I don't have any terms of reference for the religious practices of Pharisee Jews 2,000 years ago. I am basically nonplussed by the superstitious things he says in the parable. If talking to his god figure like that is what he wanted to do, then that's OK, I suppose. I am unaware of the relationship between his words a ...[text shortened]... ct between KellyJay's use of the word "humility" and the ideology he propagates here day in day out.
So its me you have an issue with not the text, sheesh just say so. I wouldn't have
have entertained you in this conversation this long had I known that. If you think
I'm a flawed, I agree with you, if you see issues in my life, I admit I have them. I'm
more than likely worse than even you think when I compare myself God's Holy
nature. You being nonplussed because you dislike the faith you deny, isn't a
surprise. I thought you had an issue with the text, my bad.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
So its me you have an issue with not the text, sheesh just say so.
The issue is the disconnect between your use of the word "humility" and your "born again" ideology.

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
Unlike for 21st century self-declared "born again" Christians, I don't have any terms of reference for the religious practices of Pharisee Jews 2,000 years ago. I am basically nonplussed by the superstitious things he says in the parable. If talking to his god figure like that is what he wanted to do, then that's OK, I suppose. I am unaware of the relationship between his words a ...[text shortened]... ct between KellyJay's use of the word "humility" and the ideology he propagates here day in day out.
Ok so your 'superior' understanding of the word 'humility' renders you unable to answer a straightforward question about the OP. Fascinating indeed.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
If you think
I'm a flawed, I agree with you, if you see issues in my life, I admit I have them.
I am not the slightest bit interested in "issues in [your] life". I am tackling you on your ideology and the vocabulary you use to convey it.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Ok so your 'superior' understanding of the word 'humility' renders you unable to answer a straightforward question about the OP.
Your question was answered point blank, without hesitation, and explained fully.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
I'm
more than likely worse than even you think when I compare myself God's Holy
nature.
I am not interested in this stuff. What i this? Some kind of parody of "humility"and/or a victim card played as a deflection?

F

Moves
09 Oct 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You being nonplussed because you dislike the faith you deny, isn't a
surprise.
I am nonplussed by what a Pharisee Jew might have thought was the right way to pray to his god figure 2,000 years ago.

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
Your question was answered point blank, without hesitation, and explained fully.
Yes, your inability to tell me whether the pharisee or the tax collector exhibited 'humility' speaks volumes about your supposed superior understanding of the word 'humility'.