No.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 19:361 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No.
    How can you possibly know that?

You have no proof or even evidence that souls exist at all.

Let alone evidence that some creatures have souls and others don't.

You are simply making stuff up.

EDIT; In short... lying.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 19:43
    What makes you think our pets do not have souls? Of course they have souls and God has given us dominion over them.
    Tell that to Steve Irwin, who devoted his life to promoting a better understanding of all animals and their roles in nature,etc. and was nevertheless stung to death by a stingray.

Domesticated dogs generally act like humans have dominion over them, but after them I struggle to think of one animal that subjects it's will to human will.

Irwin's many wildlife doco's show him handling many animals and always trying to be friendly and coercing them into putting on more of a show for the camera's and very often the animals were quickly pissed off and displayed aggression. Perhaps they all missed gods message.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 19:45
    No.
    can you give me a few examples of which do and dont and a brief explanation why?
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 19:45
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Tell that to Steve Irwin, who devoted his life to promoting a better understanding of all animals and their roles in nature,etc. and was nevertheless stung to death by a stingray.

Domesticated dogs generally act like humans have dominion over them, but after them I struggle to think of one animal that subjects it's will to human will.

Irwin's many ...[text shortened]... animals were quickly pissed off and displayed aggression. Perhaps they all missed gods message.
    I don't think he meant that they do as we tell them.

I think he meant that we have the right to do what we like to them whether they like it or not.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 19:47
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I don't think he meant that they do as we tell them.

I think he meant that we have the right to do what we like to them whether they like it or not.
    I get ya, still who knows whether he takes domesticated dogs loyalty as proof of some sort of hierarchy existing between man and animals
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 20:11

Irwin's many ...[text shortened]... animals were quickly pissed off and displayed aggression. Perhaps they all missed gods message.
    Acting a fool is not the same as exercising dominion. Here read this to get a little idea about exercising dominion over the earth:

http://www.gospelproject.com/2013/07/how-should-we-exercise-dominion/
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 20:29
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    can you give me a few examples of which do and dont and a brief explanation why?
    I had a pet heifer that I raised from a calf. I went away to the Army and came back on leave and my grandpa said he wanted to move her to another pasture, but could not catch her. So I walked up to her and scratched her ears and put a rope around her neck and she followed me up into the trailer and I never pulled the slack out of the rope. She trusted me not to hurt her. I think she must of had a soul.

I don't think a yellow jacket has a soul.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 20:39
    I had a pet heifer that I raised from a calf. I went away to the Army and came back on leave and my grandpa said he wanted to move her to another pasture, but could not catch her. So I walked up to her and scratched her ears and put a rope around her neck and she followed me up into the trailer and I never pulled the slack out of the rope. She trusted me not to hurt her. I think she must of had a soul.

Facepalm.

http://missmangareader.blog.com/files/2013/03/PicardFacepalm.jpg
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 21:20

is it all cows, or did you have a special cow?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 21:27
    I get ya, still who knows whether he takes domesticated dogs loyalty as proof of some sort of hierarchy existing between man and animals
    People have to establish their alpha position over their dog, or the dog will become alpha. There are specific ways to do this.
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 21:30
    And did she taste different?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 22:50
    She was special to me.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 23:10
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The Bible is a more versatile book than many of its practitioners realize. There are passages in it that can be used to support almost any position on issues you may wish to take. If you are warlike, you like OT stories of conquest. If you are peaceful, you like Jesus' teachings on meekness and being slow to anger.

If you are a chauvinist, you go with ...[text shortened]... le believers insist that Bible is the best evidence of the existence of an objective moral code.
    Good stuff, SwissGambit.

Ironically enough, it is not a new opening at all, but the same opening as before from a slightly different angle. Same results, but props for the new tact.

But it's the thumbs, I think, that really tell the story because I think they say more than the credit we give.

Your rant is particularly one-sided with respect to perspective, although it attempts to seem balanced.
    • You've got your warmongers balanced out with the peacenik.
    • You've got your anti-women augured with the pro-feminine.
    • You've got your gay hater and your gay lover.
    • You've got your slave whipper and your slave freer.

But the overarching theme is the supposed malleability of the books or its authors/themes.

And then you move the next pawn.
    Your second mark is to diminish the Bible'sReveal Hidden Content
    although you don't name the Bible here; instead broad brushing and downplaying "religion" as having any...
    influence on its then-contemporary societies' morality by declaring a resistance to the very nebulous "morals of society."
    Huh?
    In your own words, you've got people who use the Bible to help shape the morality of society as they see fit, yet the Bible isn't part of it?
    How does this make any sense?
    How can the Bible both shape morality as well as not shape it, exactly?

And this brings out the thumbs.

At the time of my response, eight folks agreed enough with your post (decidedly anti-biblical in intent, albeit self-contradictory), as to inspire them to click the hyperlink associated with the thumbs-up.
    On the Spirituality Forum, there are at least eight people (a pretty sizable amount, given the overall quantity of thumbs-up one sees herein) who agree with your sentiments.
    What inspires their solidarity, one wonders?
    What moves them to say: this is good, this is acceptable behavior, this is a reflection of my morality?
    What makes them think their affirmation of your misplaced sentiments will affect the good they seek?
    What makes them seek to re-shape spirituality, when they are so emphatically in opposition to it?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 23:19
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b]The Bible is a more versatile book than many of its practitioners realize. There are passages in it that can be used to support almost any position on issues you may wish to take. If you are warlike, you like OT stories of conquest. If you are peaceful, you like Jesus' teachings on meekness and being slow to anger.

When I was a v ...[text shortened]... If you say that perhaps man is the measure of all things and we need not God, then which man ?[/b]
    He did not ask that but since you brought it up: YOURSELF. You have brains. You can figure things out all by yourself, you don't need to keep looking to a non existent god.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree