The voice of God?

The voice of God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
12 Apr 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
In the end, the joking is just vain. And based on the bible, it is another way God can judge SwissGambit if he has not put faith in Christ for salvation.
You believe God will judge SwissGambit for his April Fool's joke in addition to throwing him into the Lake Of Fire for etrnal agony for being an "unbeliever"?

Do you believe SwissGambit's April Fool's joke was a "sin"?

Moves
12 Apr 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Who you gonna follow;
the man nailed to a cross
or the big guy with a hammer?
Finally somebody gets it!!

K

Moves
12 Apr 14

SwissGambit,
You Typed
--------------
And once you do, you'll be dismayed that it took you so long. Real life is amazingly refreshing, should you care to experience it.
--------------

What is so great about this human experience? Gaining the "whole world" is not enough when compared to losing my own soul. This human experience is a humanly hurtful way to exist. Why would any human being want to settle for this human life? You think that your life is so good? How? Your life has nothing great! And your life will end.

I would rather dispense with this human life and be given a greater existence. I don't want the human experience to be all I am given for a temporary pleasant life, even though my life isn't pleasant to start with. I want more for myself. Why don't you want more for yourself?

King James Version
==============
Matthew 4: 8 - 11
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Matthew 16: 26
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

K

Moves
12 Apr 14

FMF,
You Typed
--------------
--------------

I guess that it was, because it certainly wasn't righteousness. And I sin regularly myself. That is why I need Christ according to the bible.

F

Moves
12 Apr 14

I guess that [April Fool's joke was a "sin"], because it certainly wasn't righteousness.
Are all April Fool's jokes "sins"?

Moves
12 Apr 14

FMF,
You Typed
--------------
--------------

I guess that it was, because it certainly wasn't righteousness. And I sin regularly myself. That is why I need Christ according to the bible.
"And I sin regularly myself."

Ooooo you dirty, dirty bastard. What have you been up to then?

"That is why I need Christ according to the bible"

Sin, repent, repeat .... Sin, repent, repeat .... Sin, repent, repeat. Why not just get some professional help?

K

Moves
12 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Are all April Fool's jokes "sins"?
FMF,
I would say that not meeting God's standard of righteousness is sin. It isn't me who determines what sin is, it is God. The bible tells us plainly that we are sinners and that we need Christ's salvation. When a joke or anything else falls short of God righteousness, then it is sin.

King James Version
==============
Romans 3: 23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 3: 9, 10
What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

F

Moves
12 Apr 14
1 edit

I would say that not meeting God's standard of righteousness is sin. It isn't me who determines what sin is, it is God.
But you claim to have determined that SwissGambit's April Fool's joke was a sin.

When a joke or anything else falls short of God righteousness, then it is sin.

Can you demonstrate where or how SwissGambit's April Fool's joke "falls short of God righteousness"?

F

Moves
12 Apr 14

Romans 3: 23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 3: 9, 10
What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
In what way do these two quotations substantiate your claim that SwissGambit's April Fool's joke was a "sin"?

K

Moves
12 Apr 14

Ullr,
You Typed
-------------
Sin, repent, repeat .... Sin, repent, repeat .... Sin, repent, repeat. Why not just get some professional help?
-------------

The bible tells me and you that the answer for my sin is Christ's sacrifice and putting faith in Him for my forgiveness and salvation.

King James Version
==============
Romans 5: 8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

K

Moves
12 Apr 14
2 edits

FMF,
You Typed
-------------
Can you demonstrate where or how SwissGambit's April Fool's joke "falls short of God righteousness"?
-------------

Whatever God would call it. If you want to know more about God's standard of righteousness, read the bible. The joke was against God and Christ. SwissGambit is, at least, declaring unbelief, and maybe mocking God if front of others too.

King James Version
==============
Galatians 6: 7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Mark 10: 34
And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.

I John 5: 10
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

K

Moves
12 Apr 14

LemonJello,
Will you respond please?. . .

Who has convinced you that you are righteous and holy and ready for anyone to judge you, even God, to determine whether you deserve anything but what unsaved sinners deserve according to God of the bible.

Where did you get your holiness and righteousness? Where did you get your sinlessness?

K

Moves
12 Apr 14

Pudgenik,
You Typed
--------------
When you experience the voice of God, you will feel a deep peace in your heart.
--------------

What about if God told of judgement?

K

Moves
12 Apr 14

Suzianne,
You typed
---------------
What's wasteful is trying to convert people who will not be converted.
---------------

I agree, but there are others who may listen.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
12 Apr 14

The joke was against God and Christ. SwissGambit is, at least, declaring unbelief, and maybe mocking God if front of others too.
You cannot mock someone/something that you do not believe exists.

You can mock those that believe in that imaginary someone/something.