1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 14:50
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Yep.... i take back what i said and i agree with you!
    Now that's just about a first for me. Someone agreeing with me. 😲🙄
  2. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 16:22
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Now that's just about a first for me. Someone agreeing with me. 😲🙄
    Full of surprises today!!!😉
  3. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 21:09
    I think the worst sin is worshiping flase gods before God. And 1st degree murder. lying in wait to murder someone who has done you no or little wrong.
    But no human can accually kill someone there soul goes either to hell or heaven...
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 21:592 edits
    Originally posted by musicismyworld
    But no human can accually kill someone there soul goes either to hell or heaven...
    Yes, But notice I did not say kill. I said murder. big difference.
    I dislike when suppose christians make plaques quoteing the supposed ten commandments.
    Tho shall not Kill???? Tho shall not lie????
    Everytime I read one of those plaques, I think to myself, Boy do they need to really read the bible for themselfs and see what God really said in His ten commandments, and the rest of the bible.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 21:17
    What would you consider the worst sin you could commit? Adultery? Stealing? Murder? You might be surprised by the answer the Bible gives.

The worst sin—and the one with the most far-reaching consequences—is this: to refuse to believe in Jesus Christ.
    Lying
  6. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 23:54
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Can you spot the difference between Youngs and Yours ?
    Interesting, you are the first one I have read that even has heard of Youngs. I have the bible and concordance.

Una
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 00:04
    What would you consider the worst sin you could commit? Adultery? Stealing? Murder? You might be surprised by the answer the Bible gives.

The worst sin—and the one with the most far-reaching consequences—is this: to refuse to believe in Jesus Christ.
    Wrong, there is only one unforgivable sin, that is to blaspheme the holy spirit on th day of judgment
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 11:35
    Originally posted by Una
    Interesting, you are the first one I have read that even has heard of Youngs. I have the bible and concordance.

Una
    I have heard and seen youngs. I have a Strong's at present.
  9. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 14:45
    I have heard and seen youngs. I have a Strong's at present.
    What is this?
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 17:04
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    What is this?
    A Bible concordance.
    It's used for studying the bible.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 22:31
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Lying
    So if a kid makes up an excuse for not doing his homework, that's a worse sin than someone murdering someone else? What about someone who is lying to save another person's life?
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 00:402 edits
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    So if a kid makes up an excuse for not doing his homework, that's a worse sin than someone murdering someone else? What about someone who is lying to save another person's life?
    No.

Man's version of God's 9th commandment,
    Thou shall not lie.

God's version of God's 9th commandment,
    Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor. (meaning anyone.)

Big difference in the two versions.

Of course lying is usually a sin, But not always. Be as honest as possible as much as you can. Unless it would harm a inocent person, including youself if you're inocent, and it needs to be done.
    As King David pretented he was completely insane once when captured, so they would not kill him.
    And they didn't kill him because of that. Good plan I would say.
    And God never said a thing.

Many people who claim to be christian think, and will tell you that all sins are as bad as one another.
    They would say that lying is as bad as murder.
    Our common sense that God gave us, tells us this is not true.

Also in the old testament there are different penaltys for different sins. The harsher penaltys for the worse sins.
    If all sins were as bad as one another, God would have given the same penalty for all sins in the old testament, sense they are all the same.
    But they are not. Some are worse than others.

It's true that both lying and murder are sin.
    But the only thing they have that are equal to each other, are that they both can be forgiven by God threw Jesus just as much as each other.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 01:04
    A Bible concordance.
    It's used for studying the bible.
    By far the best Bible study tool is a Bible CD or a fast internet connection and a good Bible website. They normally have dozens of translations, commentaries, maps, search engines, historical texts (Josephus for example), Acutally 100s of books can fit on a cd. It makes life easy.
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 01:20
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    By far the best Bible study tool is a Bible CD or a fast internet connection and a good Bible website. They normally have dozens of translations, commentaries, maps, search engines, historical texts (Josephus for example), Acutally 100s of books can fit on a cd. It makes life easy.
    I agree.
    But The Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, has just about all you mentioned.
    And if my computer crashes, or I lose power it's all still there.
    And the bible school I went to made us all get, all of the books needed to study by hand, (so to speak).
    But yes as of now, and for the last 15 years or so, the internet is the fastest,and best, and easyist way to store the most imformation. 🙂
  15. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 01:44
    Originally posted by duecer
    Wrong, there is only one unforgivable sin, that is to blaspheme the holy spirit on th day of judgment
    THE BIBLE DOES NOT LIE!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree