The worst sin.

The worst sin.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
06 Aug 07

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Actually the bible says this....

Matt 22:36-40
36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"
37 Jesus said to him," 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
38 "This is the first and great commandment.
39 "And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' ...[text shortened]... would say the greatest sin is to love some thing other than God with all your heart.
Witch isn't believing in Jesus Christ.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
06 Aug 07

Mark 3:28 “Verily I say to you, that all the sins shall be forgiven to the sons of men, and evil speakings with which they might speak evil, 29 but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness—to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;” (YLT)

V

Earth

Moves
06 Aug 07

Originally posted by whodey
Lets be clear about one thing, Christians follow the teachings of Christ and Muslims follow the teachings of Mohammad. One can deny such accusations but it is the plain truth all the same.

As far as Moses and the prophets go, Christ taught that they spoke of him in Luke 24:27 and John 5:46. Moses spoke of him in Deuteronomy 18:15-19 as being a great pr ...[text shortened]... prophesy refers to him? I do find prophesies mentioning a false prophet. Could he be the one?
Mohammed claimed to come from the same God. In fact he called Jews and Christians people of the Book. You may not accept that, but that is besides the point. The Muslims see Him as the prophet of God who sent Moses and Jesus.

The reason for all the signs is to make sure that the PURE IN HEART can recognise Him. Also it identifies the PURE IN HEART.

Like the Bible says, and you correctly pointed out, Jesus is a prophet like unto Moses. But That is not to belittle His station. Moses was no ordinary prophet.

If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. 12:7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. 12:8 With him will I speak face to face, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses? NUM 12:6,7,8

And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face, 34:11 In all the signs and the wonders, which the LORD sent him to do in the land of Egypt to Pharaoh, and to all his servants, and to all his land, 34:12 And in all that mighty hand, and in all the great terror which Moses shewed in the sight of all Israel. DEU 34:11

m

Moves
06 Aug 07

Jesus taught that the Holy Spirit convicts guilty men and women of sin "because they do not believe in Me." (John 16:9) On that final day, it will not so much be the sin question as it will be the Son question. All sins can be dealt with and forgiven if we believe in Jesus.

m

Moves
06 Aug 07

Jesus said the Spirit came to convict us "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged" (John 16:11). The ruler or prince of this world, Satan, was judged at Calvary. When Jesus went to the cross and died in our place, Satan lost his death grip on humanity.

m

Moves
06 Aug 07

The spirit convicts us of sin, righteousness, and judgment, but He wants most of all to give us assurance of forgiven sin. Why not let Him do what He really desires to do? Why not come to Jesus? Or if you have already done that, help someone else to follow your example.

JJ

Moves
06 Aug 07

Originally posted by musicismyworld
What would you consider the worst sin you could commit? Adultery? Stealing? Murder? You might be surprised by the answer the Bible gives.

The worst sin—and the one with the most far-reaching consequences—is this: to refuse to believe in Jesus Christ.
Masterbation.....the flesh is evil....

L

Moves
08 Aug 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
Masterbation.....the flesh is evil....
please dont say that

Bla bla bla

Moves
08 Aug 07

What would you consider the worst sin you could commit? Adultery? Stealing? Murder? You might be surprised by the answer the Bible gives.

The worst sin—and the one with the most far-reaching consequences—is this: to refuse to believe in Jesus Christ.
actualy the unforgivable sin is to blaspheme against the holy spirit....mark 3:28-29

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Aug 07

Witch isn't believing in Jesus Christ.
If one loves God with all his heart, don't you suppose He would lead you there? God is not powerless......

w

Moves
08 Aug 07
5 edits

Originally posted by Varqa
Mohammed claimed to come from the same God. In fact he called Jews and Christians people of the Book. You may not accept that, but that is besides the point. The Muslims see Him as the prophet of God who sent Moses and Jesus.

The reason for all the signs is to make sure that the PURE IN HEART can recognise Him. Also it identifies the PURE IN HEART.

Lik ...[text shortened]... ighty hand, and in all the great terror which Moses shewed in the sight of all Israel. DEU 34:11
Christians also do not doubt that Christ was a prophet. However, he was much, much more. For example, do you believe him to be the Messiah? After all, many prophets before him mentioned him numerous times. Why is there such emphasis on the Messiah in terms of Biblical prophesy? If the Messiah is Jesus, as the Muslims appear to even believe, what did he accomplish other than creating a world wide following that is based on lies according to Islam?

As far as Mohammad goes, where is he mentioned in the Bible? If he truly came from God then were are the prophesies for him? Assuming that the Muslims are correct that Jesus was not the Son of God and did not die for our sins etc, etc, I would assume that Biblical prophesy should have placed a greater emphasis on Mohammad than Christ. After all, according to Islam, Mohammad was chosen to reveal the true words of God that had been corrupted via Judism/Christianity.

As for myself, I am of the opinion that Mohammad is the false prophet spoken of the in the Bible. What say you? What of false prophets? Are there any? How do you distinguish a false prophet? I would assume that a false prophet would claim to worship the God of the Bible but in reality does not really hear from the God of the Bible. Assuming that Christians are correct in that Jesus the Messiah came to die for our sins and that by faith we can all recieve the Father through him, would not the prophet Mohammad then be a false prophet to refute such truths?

V

Earth

Moves
08 Aug 07

If one loves God with all his heart, don't you suppose He would lead you there? God is not powerless......
We must try to refrain from using such vague statements. Love God with all your heart, believe, blasphem against the Holy Spirit. What do they mean and how do we apply them? It is true that Jesus used these terms, but explanations for them must be available in the Book.

JJ

Moves
08 Aug 07

Originally posted by LivingForJesus
please dont say that
I have....it is evil!!!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Aug 07

Actually the bible says this....

Matt 22:36-40
36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"
37 Jesus said to him," 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
38 "This is the first and great commandment.
39 "And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' ...[text shortened]... would say the greatest sin is to love some thing other than God with all your heart.
Which makes the worst sin anything that keeps you from that would
it not be? If our hate for a fellow man, because of the other guys skin
color was that great it over whelmed our love for God I'd say in that
case it would be keeping us from God, if our love for sexual pleasure
was that great it kept us from God, that too would be it, it could be
whatever we place in front of our love for God and man that is more
important to us right now down here.
Kelly

JJ

Moves
08 Aug 07

All sins are the worst.....