The worst sin.

The worst sin.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Earth

Moves
09 Aug 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
I'm not the only one that has issue with what you said, acknowledging
our sinful nature and then allowing it to lead and guide our lives is not
repenting and coming to Christ. I'm not sure what you meant, but what
you said sure can be taken wrong.
Kelly
I have a sinful nature
I can not do anything about it
My sins are paid for
All I have to do is believe
Why not give in to the sinful nature and enjoy it?
Either way I end up in heaven as long as I believe that He died for my sins.

w

Moves
09 Aug 07

Originally posted by Varqa
I have a sinful nature
My sins are paid for
John 8:31 "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed. And you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free. They answered him, we be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man; how do you say you will be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say to you, whosoever committs sin is a slave of sin. And the slave abides not in the house for ever, but the Son abides forever. Therefore, if the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed."

V

Earth

Moves
09 Aug 07

Originally posted by whodey
John 8:31 "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed. And you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free. They answered him, we be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man; how do you say you will be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say to you, ...[text shortened]... but the Son abides forever. Therefore, if the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed."
Now I am really confused.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Aug 07

I have a sinful nature
My sins are paid for
In one word, no.
Kelly

Illinois

Moves
10 Aug 07

I have a sinful nature
My sins are paid for
Everyone truly born of God does not make a practice of sinning, because the Spirit of God dwells in them:

"If through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:13-14).

"When people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil. Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God" (1 John 3:8-9).

V

Earth

Moves
11 Aug 07

Originally posted by epiphinehas
Everyone truly born of God does not make a practice of sinning, because the Spirit of God dwells in them:

"If through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:13-14).

"When people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the ...[text shortened]... is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God" (1 John 3:8-9).
In other words, believing alone is not sufficient. The believer must prove through her or his actions that she or he truly believes.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Aug 07

In other words, believing alone is not sufficient. The believer must prove through her or his actions that she or he truly believes.
It is a relationship, you lack that, you have nothing.
Kelly

m

Moves
13 Aug 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
They are all bad no one is denying that, at least those of us who
believe in sin, but the ones that grab us and we hold on to are the
worst for each of us, and they may not be the same ones for me as
they are for you. The sin that easily beset us are the ones we need to
deal with.
Kelly
I agree I used to think that all sins were equal until I read the devotional about regecting God.

m

Moves
13 Aug 07

I have a sinful nature
My sins are paid for
Why not fall into sin? because God hates sin he created you emagine what he could do to you?😳

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
14 Aug 07
4 edits

Originally posted by Jay Joos
Masterbation.....the flesh is evil....
You're kidding right?? There is nothing in the bible that says anything about masterbation is a sin. What you are thinking about while doing so very well might be a sin.
It is written in the old testament that a man who spills his seed was to be considered unclean for three days. And he had to wash all his clothes and bedding and leave the camp for 3 days. Don't know if this means wet dream or masterbation or both.
A woman on her period had to leave the camp for 7 days and wash everything and was considered unclean for 7 days.

JJ

Moves
14 Aug 07

Originally posted by KingDavid403
You're kidding right?? There is nothing in the bible that says anything about masterbation is a sin. What you are thinking about while doing so very well might be a sin.
It is written in the old testament that a man who spills his seed was to be considered unclean for three days. And he had to wash all his clothes and bedding and leave the camp f ...[text shortened]... od had to leave the camp for 7 days and wash everything and was considered unclean for 7 days.
I meant the thoughts that you may have whilst indulging in the act... other than thinking about your partner it is a sin !

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
14 Aug 07
2 edits

I meant the thoughts that you may have whilst indulging in the act... other than thinking about your partner it is a sin !
Yes, I agree. 🙂

I don't think it's the worst sin thow. But it is sin.

JJ

Moves
14 Aug 07
2 edits

Yes, I agree. 🙂
this is a first...somebody agreeing with me....😵🙄

i think it is the worst

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
14 Aug 07
1 edit

this is a first...somebody agreeing with me....😵🙄

i think it is the worst
I think the worst sin is worshiping flase gods before God. And 1st degree murder. lying in wait to murder someone who has done you no or little wrong.

JJ

Moves
14 Aug 07

I think the worst sin is worshiping flase gods before God. And 1st degree murder. lying in wait to murder someone who has done you no or little wrong.
Yep.... i take back what i said and i agree with you!