Three wise former gays

Three wise former gays

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
29 Dec 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Here's more -

The major diseases associated with obesity are hypertension, atherosclerosis, and diabetes, as well as certain types of cancer. Less well-known complications include hepatic steatosis, gallbladder disease, pulmonary function impairment, endocrine abnormalities, obstetric complications, trauma to the weight-bearing joints, gout, cutaneous ...[text shortened]... entration, and possibly immunologic impairment.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/4062125/
fine, but these are medical conditions, how does obesity defile the spirit?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Dec 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
fine, but these are medical conditions, how does obesity defile the spirit?
Don't care, obesity defiles the body which is what the scripture also warns against. I've substantiated my argument with scripture, now it's over to you.

Has anyone member of your congregation approached you with respect to your obesity?

rc

Moves
29 Dec 13
1 edit

Don't care, obesity defiles the body which is what the scripture also warns against. I've substantiated my argument with scripture, now it's over to you.

Has anyone member of your congregation approached you with respect to your obesity?
I cannot say because all personal matters are treated with the utmost confidentiality. Elders can only make recommendations in this regard anyhow, they can only advise you to take certain health measures, they cannot force you to do so.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Dec 13

I cannot say because all personal matters are treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Okay, but I suspect that's a no.

Why is smoking a disfellowshipping offence, and yet obesity which contradicts the same scripture isn't?

rc

Moves
29 Dec 13
1 edit

Okay, but I suspect that's a no.

Why is smoking a disfellowshipping offence, and yet obesity which contradicts the same scripture isn't?
nothing is a disfellowshipping offence unless you refuse to repent, thus if you are caught smoking and you refuse to give it up then you are unrepentant, its simply much harder to prove that obesity is the result of gluttony. Furthermore Elders are not policemen, they do not police the congregations. Plus one may indulge in gluttony and put on no weight, for example excessive drinking which constitutes gluttony. If you want to know write to or contact jw.org

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Dec 13
1 edit

nothing is a disfellowshipping offence unless you refuse to repent, thus if you are caught smoking and you refuse to give it up then you are unrepentant, its simply much harder to prove that obesity is the result of gluttony. Furthermore Elders are not policemen, they do not police the congregations. Plus one may indulge in gluttony and put on no w ...[text shortened]... e excessive drinking which constitutes gluttony. If you want to know write to or contact jw.org
Cool, maybe I'll drop them a line.

Mainly though, we have established that obesity is contrary to nature and against the word of God, and this can be substantiated Biblically despite your claims to the contrary.

rc

Moves
29 Dec 13

Cool, maybe I'll drop them a line.

Mainly though, we have established that obesity is contrary to nature and against the word of God, and this can be substantiated Biblically despite your claims to the contrary.
I dont know if it can be said that its contrary to the word of God, gluttony certainly is, but as for obesity, no i dunno.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Dec 13

I dont know if it can be said that its contrary to the word of God, gluttony certainly is, but as for obesity, no i dunno.
Surely we have just established that obesity defiles the body contrary to 1 Corinthians 7:1?

rc

Moves
29 Dec 13
1 edit

Surely we have just established that obesity defiles the body contrary to 1 Corinthians 7:1?
No not really, all you have established is that it 'may' lead to health complications. 2 Corinthians 1:7

Moves
29 Dec 13

No not really, all you have established is that it 'may' lead to health complications. 2 Corinthians 1:7
isnt your main complaint against homosexuality that it 'may' lead to health complications?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Dec 13
1 edit

Smoking may led to health complications, yet it can be a disfellowshipping offence. From what I have read obesity decreases someone's life expectancy by 7 years.

rc

Moves
29 Dec 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
isnt your main complaint against homosexuality that it 'may' lead to health complications?
no my main complaint is essentially religious, the fact that it does produce health complications merely confirms the legitimacy of the religious stance, like corroborating evidence in a court of law.

rc

Moves
29 Dec 13

Smoking may led to health complications, yet it can be a disfellowshipping offence. From what I read obesity decreases someone's life expectancy by 7 years.
ok

Moves
29 Dec 13

no my main complaint is essentially religious, the fact that it does produce health complications merely confirms the legitimacy of the religious stance, like corroborating evidence in a court of law.
when previously asked what the religious reasons are. you only ever answer with health related reasons. so outside of health, what are the religious reasons?

rc

Moves
29 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
when previously asked what the religious reasons are. you only ever answer with health related reasons. so outside of health, what are the religious reasons?
I only answer with health reasons because its the only reasons the materialist recognises. Homosexuality is anti Biblical.