1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 May '12 15:49
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Christ, and he did answer.

Those who follow his commandments are his disciples.
    Thanks. That's what I thought.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 May '12 15:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    they were organised for worship, priestly divisions, divisions of the temple. etc etc, you
    cannot cry about it, its a scriptural fact.
    Of course it is a fact. But one that has nothing to do with you being a member of a man-made cult organisation and my claim that being such a member has absolutly nothing to do with being a Christian; in fact probably the opposite applies.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '12 15:572 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Of course it is a fact. But one that has nothing to do with you being a member of a man-made cult organisation and my claim that being such a member has absolutly nothing to do with being a Christian; in fact probably the opposite applies.
    no your claim was that a Christian should not belong to an organisation, which is clearly
    quite erroneous as it can be easily established that the first century Christians were
    organised into congregations with the governing body of older men and apostles
    rendering decisions on behalf of the brothers from Jerusalem, easily established. Here
    are your words again,

not having the requirement to belong to, be a member of, or have a association with,
    any temporal religious organisation, body or group
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 May '12 16:011 edit
    no your claim was that a Christian should not belong to an organisation, which is clearly
    quite erroneous as it can be easily established that the first century Christians were
    rendering decisions on behalf of the brothers from Jerusalem, easily established. Here
    ...[text shortened]... be a member of, or have a association with,
    There is no "requirement", surely, robbie. Divegeester is right about that, I think. You claim there is a "requirement to belong to [...] an organisation"?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 May '12 16:151 edit
    no your claim was that a Christian should not belong to an organisation
    Where have I declared that a Christian should not belong to an organisation? The thread is about the requirements of being a Chrisitan; if you pause to read what I wrote you will see that I said that being a member is not a requirement. That is quite different from what you are making out I said.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 May '12 16:171 edit
    ... first century Christians were organised into congregations with the governing body of older men and apostles rendering decisions on behalf of the brothers from Jerusalem, easily established.
    Robbie people "congregating" together does not equate to them being an "organisation" and certainly not one like the JW church. You are stretching the point beyond credibility.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 May '12 16:22
    no your claim [divegeester] was that a Christian should not belong to an organisation, which is clearly quite erroneous ...
    You are misrepresenting what divegeester said, robbie
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    12 May '12 17:05
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What would qualify one to be a Christian? Knowledge, Kindness, Love, Devotion, Willingness, Servtitude or Slavery, Courage, Etc?

Jesus said that many would call themselves Christians, but he will tell them "to get away from me".

So scripturally, what is a Christian and what does a person do to be called a CHRISTIAN?
    How about they don't do anything but repent. It is a God who does the making of a Christian.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '12 21:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are misrepresenting what divegeester said, robbie
    mere opinion!
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 May '12 21:50
    mere opinion!
    Your blatant dishonesty in this is surprising robbie. Please re-read my post in response to Galvs OP.
  11. St. Peter's
    Moves
    12 May '12 22:031 edit
    ...[text shortened]... be a member of, or have a association with,
    no his claim was that one does not have to belong, not that one musn't belong.

edit: sorry this was pointed out
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '12 23:004 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your blatant dishonesty in this is surprising robbie. Please re-read my post in response to Galvs OP.
    no, reading your posts once is quite enough for any man to endure. First of all you
    assert that one does not need to be and I quote,

a member of, or have a association with, any temporal religious organisation,
    body or group

when it was demonstrated to you that this premise was false based upon the Biblical
    evidence that indeed, the early Christians did belong to an organised religion with a
    central governing body which rendered important decisions on behalf of all
    Christians within that structure, it was changed to and again I quote, to

being a member of a man-made cult organisation

this is clearly different entirely to your first statement, and is quite reminiscent of
    your tendency to distort or alter your assertions when pressed with certain facts,
    indeed, one who posts partial quotations, taken out of context from articles they
    have not read has no recourse to term anyone dishonest.

Indeed how does one fulfil this requirement without association, please explain, you
    did state that association was unnecessary,

(Hebrews 10:24-25) . . .And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine
    works,  not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom,
    but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing
    near.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 May '12 23:131 edit
    [Divegeester's] claim was that a Christian should not belong to an organisation...
    No. This is not true. He did not say "a Christian should not belong to an organisation". He said that a Christian is not required to be a member of a religious organisation.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '12 23:234 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. This is not true. He did not say "a Christian should not belong to an organisation". He said that a Christian is not required to be a member of a religious organisation.
    no he stated and I quote, a Christian,

has no requirement to belong to, be a member of, or have a association with, any
    temporal religious organisation, body or group.

which within the context of the discussion what type or organisations do you think we
    are talking about, NGO's, dear oh dear, is this really the best you can do? What type
    of organisation do you really think i was referring to? a non religious one? it begs
    belief, it really does.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 May '12 23:38
    no he stated and I quote, a Christian,

[b]has no requirement to belong to, be a member of, or have a association with, any
    temporal religious organisation, body or group.

which within the context of the discussion what type or organisations do you think we
    are talking about, NGO's, dear oh dear, is this really the best you can do? Wha ...[text shortened]... do you really think i was referring to? a non religious one? it begs
    belief, it really does.[/b]
    You have misstated what he said. And continue to do so for some reason. Divegeester said it is not a requirement of a Christian to be a member of a religious organisation. You are claiming that he said "a Christian should not belong to an organisation". That is an untrue or mistaken claim on your part and yet you persist with it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree