To be a Christian....

To be a Christian....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 May 12
1 edit

Well here we are again; the JW's insist on 'something' (in this case church membership) being essential for being a Chrisitan, but will not respond to questions about whether this church must be the JWs. Want to know why?

Here it is:

If they say "yes, you must be a member of the JW organisation in order to be a genuine Chrisitan", then they know they will be accused of being a cult.

If they say "no, you don't have to be a JW member" then they cease to be God's appointed holders of all truth.

Same old story, same old obfuscation.

F

Moves
15 May 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Sorry but we are not looking to add some meaning to our lifes. That would be selfish would it not? We are not in this for some supid glory reward....

[...] it can also be the most rewarding thing a person can be on many levels. It can also make one feel so blessed to be used by God to help others become familiar with God and his son and what his Kingdom will do for humans in the future.

You contradict yourself.

rc

Moves
15 May 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
The best evidence is first hand experience.
in other words, no you dont, thankyou, we can chalk this upon the wall of more
unsubstantiated opinion, outright lies and misleading slanderous statements, along
with,

1. the elders are greedy and corrupt - Manny - evidence nil
2. we tithe ten percent of all income - Suzzianne - evidence nil
3. we brainwash adherents - Rajk - evidence nil
4. we utilise a corrupt bible which leads to erroneous doctrines - Rajk - evidence nil
5. we call on people who do not wish us to call - Rajk - evidence nil
6. we knowingly harbour paedophiles - FabianFnas - evidence nil
7. we are a cult - divejester - evidence nil

and every time an assertion is made against Jehovahs Witnesses without
substantiating evidence i will add it to this list, you have been warned.

F

Moves
15 May 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
every time an assertion is made against Jehovahs Witnesses without
substantiating evidence i will add it to this list, you have been warned.
Will you accept any testimony or evidence from ex-JW members?

rc

Moves
15 May 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Will you accept any testimony or evidence from ex-JW members?
nope, they are not impartial and in many cases have an axe to grind, I will accept
testimony from independent sources only and only when its backed by empirical data.
After all, when i provide evidence I always try to meet this criteria, when in practice
what we are subjected to is, uncorroborated personal opinion and quotations taken out
of context from articles the poster has not read.

F

Moves
15 May 12
1 edit

nope, they are not impartial and in many cases have an axe to grind, I will accept
testimony from independent sources only.
Will you accept testimony from independent sources that haven't had a personal connection with JW that are very critical of the organisation?

rc

Moves
15 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Will you accept testimony from independent sources that haven't had a personal connection with JW that are very critical of the organisation?
I will accept all testimony based upon empirical data, personal testimony cannot be
corroborated and is naught but mere opinion and while i recognise this is the currency
of the spiritual buffet kings, it lacks substantiation unless corroborated through reason
and data, gathered through observation.

F

Moves
15 May 12

I will accept all testimony based upon empirical data, personal testimony cannot be
corroborated and is naught but mere opinion.
What "empirical data" would you need to establish that your organisation has many of the characteristics of a cult?

F

Moves
15 May 12
1 edit

nope, [ex-JW members] are not impartial and in many cases have an axe to grind, I will accept testimony from independent sources only and only when its backed by empirical data.
That ex-JW members "have an axe to grind" is surely your opinion. On its own, by your standard, this opinion of yours would seem not to be "testimony from independent source". Can you back your assertion that ex-JW members "are not impartial" with empirical data?

rc

Moves
15 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
What "empirical data" would you need to establish that your organisation has many of the characteristics of a cult?
first of all you would need to define what a cult is and then attempt to demonstrate that
we unequivocally meet that criteria, for example, you may attempt to state that cults
have a dominant and charismatic personality, as in the Cult of Aum Shinrikyo, Japan,
meet in secret as in the Masonic lodges throughout the earth, have initiation
ceremonies and rituals, encourage adherents to isolate themselves from society, etc
etc

rc

Moves
15 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
That ex-JW members "have an axe to grind" is surely your opinion. On its own, by your standard, this opinion of yours would seem not to be "testimony from independent source". Can you back your assertion that ex-JW members "are not impartial" with empirical data?
One would need to look at every individual case and ascertain why they are no longer
Jehovahs witnesses, also, one could easily determine if they have anything positive to
say about Jehovahs witnesses or if they are biased, to what extent and why, good luck
with that.

F

Moves
15 May 12

One would need to look at every individual case and ascertain why they are no longer
Jehovahs witnesses, also, one could easily determine if they have anything positive to
say about Jehovahs witnesses or if they are biased, to what extent and why, good luck
with that.
Can you back your opinions and assertions about ex-JW members with empirical data?

F

Moves
15 May 12

4. we utilise a corrupt bible which leads to erroneous doctrines - Rajk - evidence nil
Will you accept testimony and analysis from bible scholars who are critical of the New World Translation of the bible.

rc

Moves
15 May 12

Originally posted by FMF
Can you back your opinions and assertions about ex-JW members with empirical data?
yes i have never once, no, not once ever heard them either privately state anything
positive nor publicly publish anything positive about Jehovahs witnesses, if you have
knowledge to the contrary then you are free to produce it or the statement stands, they
are biased.

rc

Moves
15 May 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Will you accept testimony and analysis from bible scholars who are critical of the New World Translation of the bible.
It depends, have they taken it upon themselves to review more than one translation
and made a comparison with the original Greek and Hebrew texts and published their
analysis so that it may be evaluated, if so, produce their analysis or are we going to be
subject to more mere opinion of the spiritual buffet kings!