To seek or to argue?

To seek or to argue?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
If you find my posts "annoying", then that is a matter for you.
So you are not interested in improving your approach at all?

F

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
So you are not interested in improving your approach at all?
One man's "annoying" is another's "right on target". You have no role to play in my efforts to seek the truth through argument and discussion. 😵

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
28 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by sumydid
If it's a strawman, then I withdraw it.

But you do understand, that by declaring it a strawman, you are denying being a deep-thinker or an intellectual.

I can accept that. In fact, I'm glad you admitted it. I withdraw my claim. You are now officially not a deep-thinker, nor are you an intellectual.

Glad that's settled.
Eh!? How in blazes does recognizing someone's argument as being a soft caricature of ones own, and lacking the important features to count as a valid rebuttal, directly imply ones own denial of being a deep thinker!??? 😕

If anything the opposite is true - when one analyzes the content and structure of what their opponent has served up, and observes elements {x_1,x_2, ..., x_n} are either missing or distorted to grant the opponent a superficial "win", then that should certainly count as being able to think deeper than the opponent.

Seriously Sumydid, you don't half talk some tosh!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
One man's "annoying" is another's "right on target". You have no role to play in my efforts to seek the truth through argument and discussion. 😵
Nor a role to play in your efforts to win all arguments. Thank God!

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

rc

Moves
28 Oct 12

Nor a role to play in your efforts to win all arguments. Thank God!

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
Interesting that everything is a target for feel my furtives cyber rockets.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Interesting that everything is a target for feel my furtives cyber rockets.
What kind of word is "furtives"? Speak American English to me please. You already know that I am not good with foreign languages and have a limited vocabulary in English, as well, since I am a redneck.

k

Moves
29 Oct 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
So, you live in Rochester, not ALL that far apart, I live north of Allentown, Pa.

We could link up on a linked repeater, my club is the Delaware Lehigh Amateur Radio Club, I'll ask them about links to Rochester.

Do you know the splits and PL's of the 2 meter repeaters? Do you get on 440 or 220? I only have a peanut whistle handitalki but my mobile rig ...[text shortened]... cco)! Then got extra in Pa, found a nice vanity call AI3N. Which reminds me, I have to renew.
My prayers are with you and your family as you ride out Huricane Sandy. Seems like you may be in a direct path for a hit from what I am seeing. And for all others in the mid alantic region. Keep safe!

-k

F

Moves
29 Oct 12

Originally posted by kd2acz
It seems as any thread, no matter how started ends up off topic...
It does happen, yes. Thanks for the wagging finger. 😀

k

Moves
29 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
It does happen, yes. Thanks for the wagging finger. 😀
It is inevitable.

-k

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Oct 12
1 edit

It is inevitable.

-k
Maybe you should leave off the dash - in front of the k. At first I thought you were trying to make a star. -k 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Oct 12

My prayers are with you and your family as you ride out Huricane Sandy. Seems like you may be in a direct path for a hit from what I am seeing. And for all others in the mid alantic region. Keep safe!

-k
It looks like it is going farther north to me. 😏

k

Moves
29 Oct 12

It looks like it is going farther north to me. 😏
I'll consider it. 😉

-K

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Oct 12

I must have been looking at a different model of the storm before. The one I see now does look like it is going in the direction where sunhouse lives. I hope it tapers off before it gets there.

k

Moves
29 Oct 12

I must have been looking at a different model of the storm before. The one I see now does look like it is going in the direction where sunhouse lives. I hope it tapers off before it gets there.
From what I heard this morning, it looked like the storm was headed straight inland through NJ to PA, storm surge between 8-12 on coast. Our local guy put the waves for our lake (Ontario) at 12-15 feet, I have never seen that here. Will be interesting for sure.

-K

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Oct 12

We are only 100 miles north of Philly and it looks like it is making landfall right by philly. It is going to be a rough ride. I have a 5000 watt generator if or when we lose power. The question is if I have enough fuel to last till they fix stuff.