1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 17:16
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Why judge them for their works if this would have no influence on their salvation?
    Salvation is through Jesus Christ, we all still are walking out our lives and will give an account. Our works might go up in flames but we won’t. The closer we are to the Lord the better, Jesus tells us to take His yoke upon us and learn of Him. Yokes are for work it’s to get things done not to become worthy!
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 17:32
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I was a Christian for nearly 30 years.
    I guess you have not retained any of the doctrine, amazing since were one for so long, supposedly.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 18:06
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Salvation is through Jesus Christ, we all still are walking out our lives and will give an account. Our works might go up in flames but we won’t. The closer we are to the Lord the better, Jesus tells us to take His yoke upon us and learn of Him. Yokes are for work it’s to get things done not to become worthy!
    Salvation is through Jesus Christ,
    Correct

we all still are walking out our lives and will give an account.
    irrelevant

Our works might go up in flames but we won’t.
    Not in the Bible

The closer we are to the Lord the better,
    Vague nonsense - The only way get close to the Lord is to follow his commandments

Jesus tells us to take His yoke upon us and learn of Him.
    Not relevant

Yokes are for work it’s to get things done not to become worthy
    WHAT ???!!! .. Where the hell you get this garbage??
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 20:031 edit
    I guess you have not retained any of the doctrine, amazing since were one for so long, supposedly.
    It's strange how me not being a Christian anymore makes you behave in such a brittle and furtive way. Maybe not strange, but certainly fascinating.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 20:36
    It's strange how me not being a Christian anymore makes you behave in such a brittle and furtive way. Maybe not strange, but certainly fascinating.
    Well if I once held a belief for 30 years and came to reject it, it would be for some reason and cause. I would retain what I knew and could and would share it, if only to show others the errors. You have said nothing to make me believe you and have denied talking about it to the point I don’t believe you. It is not difficult for me maybe you.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 20:40
    Well if I once held a belief for 30 years and came to reject it, it would be for some reason and cause. I would retain what I knew and could and would share it, if only to show others the errors. You have said nothing to make me believe you and have denied talking about it to the point I don’t believe you. It is not difficult for me maybe you.
    Promoting your belief in Jesus here, you seem to have assumed a foetal position. I am not a Christian, KellyJay. You are the one who needs to explain your Christian beliefs, not me.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 20:441 edit
    You have said nothing to make me believe you and have denied talking about it to the point I don’t believe you..
    Understood. You don't believe me. Fine. Now, with that out of the way, what about the question regarding your beliefs?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 20:46
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Salvation is through Jesus Christ,
    [b]Correct

we all still are walking out our lives and will give an account.
    irrelevant

Our works might go up in flames but we won’t.
    Not in the Bible

The closer we are to the Lord the better,
    Vague nonsense - The only way get close to the Lord is to follow his commandments

Jes ...[text shortened]... t things done not to become worthy
    WHAT ???!!! .. Where the hell you get this garbage??[/b]
    Bluster and insult which makes up the vast majority of all of your criticism. You should try actually giving scripture for your stance not just claim you have some. Beyond that anyone could spout off as you do with no where near the scriptural knowledge I know you have. You are lazy in your criticism, moreover you don’t even do it to correct but just to belittle, again that should be below you.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 20:581 edit
    Bluster and insult which makes up the vast majority of all of your criticism. You should try actually giving scripture for your stance not just claim you have some. Beyond that anyone could spout off as you do with no where near the scriptural knowledge I know you have. You are lazy in your criticism, moreover you don’t even do it to correct but just to belittle, again that should be below you.
    Because I have posted before many many times and quoted scripture many many times. I notice you did not give any scripture but yo are condemning me for just stating my opinion. Where is your scripture.

1. Jesus saves / Salvation is through Jesus
    4. If you want eternal life then keep the commandments.

You can insert whatever you like in #2 and #3, in the end what matters is how well the Christian has followed the commandments, and it is this #4 point of keeping the commandments that Christians do not accept.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 21:30
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    [b] Is man basically good or basically evil?

Ecclesiastes 7:29 - “See, this alone I found, that God made man upright, but they have sought out many schemes.”
    Romans 5:7-8 - For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, ...[text shortened]... their inmost self is destruction; their throat is an open grave; they flatter with their tongue.[/b]
    These are very basic questions which lead nowhere.
    1.You should be good and not judge your fellow mans goodness .
    2. ( see no. 1 )
    3. (see no. 1 )
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jul '18 21:44
    Revealing for sure.

Kelly's repetitive propaganda is a flat out insult to the Christian spirit and the message of Jesus
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 02:39
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Revealing for sure.

Kelly's repetitive propaganda is a flat out insult to the Christian spirit and the message of Jesus
    Are you a Christian?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 02:47
    Are you a Christian?
    I dont have use for such labels.
    I do like the spirit of Christianity and traditional values.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 02:51
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Because I have posted before many many times and quoted scripture many many times. I notice you did not give any scripture but yo are condemning me for just stating my opinion. Where is your scripture.

1. Jesus saves / Salvation is through Jesus
    4. If you want eternal life then keep the commandments.

You can insert whatever you like in #2 ...[text shortened]... commandments, and it is this #4 point of keeping the commandments that Christians do not accept.
    John 15
    15 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. 7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. 9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

The thing about a branch abiding on a vine, is they are attached to one another. So it is
    with us and Christ. At no time have I said we shouldn't obey Christ, nor have I said we
    shouldn't be doing good works either. We will without a doubt be obeying Him, and His
    Spirit will be in us and us in Him.

1 John 2:27
    But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.

John 7:39
    Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

John 14:17
    even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

Matthew 11:28-30 English Standard Version (ESV)
    28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '18 02:53
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I dont have use for such labels.
    I do like the spirit of Christianity and traditional values.
    Not sure what you think the spirit of Christianity is, and how did you come to know it?

If you didn't have such use for labels why did you insult me while using one?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree