transfusions

transfusions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
11 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
its okay i had your medicine all along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1axsnMRbbo
Actually I prefer this one, although the Gemmel goal has entered the realms of folk legend.

or this

Moves
11 May 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Actually I prefer this one, although the Gemmel goal has entered the realms of folk legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nmtB7rBs3M

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGLrfSn4dvc
in 8 minutes of england v scotland highlights i counted 178 yellow cards and 76 red by modern standards.

all eclipsed by this moment of magic.

where was colin hendry going? looks like he heard the last orders bell ring at the bar.

rc

Moves
11 May 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
in 8 minutes of england v scotland highlights i counted 178 yellow cards and 76 red by modern standards.

all eclipsed by this moment of magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0NT6aUwN8c

where was colin hendry going? looks like he heard the last orders bell ring at the bar.
spew!

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
11 May 14
1 edit

Facts...

- 25% of all Jehovah's witness's (and the rest of us) will need a blood transfusion at so ex point in their lives.

- One donation can save as many as 3 lives.

- My wife's health was transformed and possibly her life saved with a blood transfusion.

Giving blood is one of the single most altruistic and community orientated actions a person can do. Stand up for what is right.

http://www.blood.co.uk/index.aspx

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 14

I dedicate the following to our howling friends and hope they find a big dish of beef chow mein

awooooooooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpYBT0XyvA
Waren Zevon?

rc

Moves
13 May 14
2 edits

Originally posted by redbarons
Waren Zevon?
awoooooooooo! awooooooooooo! ๐Ÿ˜€

Yes Warren, patron Saint of the howlers who howl at Robbies little caravan as it trundles along.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 14

spew!
apparently I went to see a fight and a football match broke out.

rc

Moves
13 May 14

apparently I went to see a fight and a football match broke out.
LOL, whats happening? are you a smoggies or a black cats fan?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 May 14

Do the right thing, robbie, and give blood often to save lifes.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 May 14
1 edit

On the contrary great Vince, the blood issue in the case of children or minors is a non issue, its simply out of a parents hands and to therefore hypothesize about it is irrational and illogical and unreasonable. In the case of violence a Christian is allowed to use self defense to protect themselves, what that defense amounts to is a matter of conjecture, however, it is forbidden to take life.
Just out of curiosity, no offense to your religion, it seems blood transfusions for the most part keep people alive. Of course there are mistakes, but the number of people helped vs the number killed or injured by such transfusions really proves the benefits of transfusion. For instance in battle, soldiers get badly wounded and without a transfusion will in fact die.

It seems similar to the laws about marijuana in the US where it was vilified early on by one man, a world class assshole named Anslinger who hated Mexicans and blacks and Jazz musicians. So he started a campaign to make grass illegal with the specific purpose to be able to clamp down on Mexicans and Jazz musicians. You can see how well THAT ended.

I was thinking maybe a similar thing happened in JW's early on with blood transfusions where there were some bad blood, literally, given to a child probably and it died and then there was a bad backlash about transfusions in general.

I think there is a parallel with that in Jewish law. In the old days people got sick from eating pigs and so it ended up as a religious law against eating pig in Jewish law.

But of course now we know it had nothing to do with pigs per se that got people sick but a parasite living in the pigs, so now we eliminate the parasite and probably billions of people eat bacon and such every day with no ill effects other than that from eating meat itself.

So was JW religious edict against blood transfusions the result of a death early on using blood?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 14

LOL, whats happening? are you a smoggies or a black cats fan?
I follow all teams in the north east I loved it when keegan was at Newcastle and the first few seasons boro under robson and my all time favourite mr Bernard Slaven.

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
13 May 14

A Jehova's Witness once told my Mother that she was "the walking dead",
as she required blood transfusions in order to give birth.

I am personally thankful for this advance in medical science, as it granted me a life.

Due to this, I don't understand anyone who argues against blood transfusions.

rc

Moves
13 May 14

I follow all teams in the north east I loved it when keegan was at Newcastle and the first few seasons boro under robson and my all time favourite mr Bernard Slaven.
So you follow all North East teams, I thought black cats were going to do awesome under O'Neil but it was not to be. Their escape this season is nothing short of miraculous.

rc

Moves
13 May 14
3 edits

Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
A Jehova's Witness once told my Mother that she was "the walking dead",
as she required blood transfusions in order to give birth.

I am personally thankful for this advance in medical science, as it granted me a life.

Due to this, I don't understand anyone who argues against blood transfusions.
You retain the right of self determination to take blood transfusions the same as Jehovahs witnesses have the right to desist. What many people are absolutely ignorant of is that there are now due to medical science many alternatives.

I would not describe blood transfusion as an advancement after all they've been around since the 1600's ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

rc

Moves
13 May 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Just out of curiosity, no offense to your religion, it seems blood transfusions for the most part keep people alive. Of course there are mistakes, but the number of people helped vs the number killed or injured by such transfusions really proves the benefits of transfusion. For instance in battle, soldiers get badly wounded and without a transfusion will in ...[text shortened]... So was JW religious edict against blood transfusions the result of a death early on using blood?
http://www.jw.org/en/search/?q=blood