1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 17:38
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    My point being, Christ is inseperable from The Word.

John 1
    1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the lig ...[text shortened]... d at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
    You might want to read through and comprehend the context of a discussion before commenting. But then, from what I've seen, that would be quite out of character for you.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 18:14
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You might want to read through and comprehend the context of a discussion before commenting. But then, from what I've seen, that would be quite out of character for you.
    As usual, you are both projecting and wrong. I think it's you who doesn't understand. Happy New Year To_O.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 18:293 edits
    As usual, you are both projecting and wrong. I think it's you who doesn't understand. Happy New Year To_O.
    lol. The defense of last resort for the defenseless. In this context, it doesn't make any sense at all. You should print off our interactions, show them to a psychologist and see if he can help bring you to reality. It'd be a good way for you to start the New Year.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 18:55
    lol. The defense of last resort for the defenseless. In this context, it doesn't make any sense at all. You should print off our interactions, show them to a psychologist and see if he can help bring you to reality. It'd be a good way for you to start the New Year.
    What, a comment on the mentally ill now?
    Listen pal, you haven't played a chess move here for nearly a year.
    All you do here is give others grief. So at best you're a troll, at worst a cyber terrorist.
    God bless you.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 19:121 edit
    What, a comment on the mentally ill now?
    Listen pal, you haven't played a chess move here for nearly a year.
    All you do here is give others grief. So at best you're a troll, at worst a cyber terrorist.
    God bless you.
    Actually if you were capable of being rational in your interactions with me, you'd realize it was a suggestion for you rather than "a comment on the mentally ill."

You should probably include this latest interaction as well if you take up the suggestion. Good luck to you.
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 00:44
    He's just pointing out to you that, for some of us, belief IN Jesus, and "believing" Jesus, and being a Christian.....are all one and the same. That's the point I've tried in vain to get thru to you for longer than I wish to admit. It's now clear that you will never understand my point that believing Christ and being Christian are THE EXACT SAME THING. So, I'm shaking the dust from my sandals at the door of your hut, so to speak.

Hey, Chesspraxis---Really? He hasn't played a game in a YEAR?!!😴
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 01:47
    I find it irrelevent whether he has played chess or not.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 01:50
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    He's just pointing out to you that, for some of us, belief IN Jesus, and "believing" Jesus, and being a Christian.....are all one and the same. That's the point I've tried in vain to get thru to you for longer than I wish to admit. It's now clear that you will never understand my point that believing Christ and being Christian are THE EXACT SAME THING. ...[text shortened]... hut, so to speak.

In the beginning was the Word, and the word was God, pretty much sums it up. I think To_O, being perfect in everyway himself, has a problem with us poor miserable sinners. 😉
    Yes, he is a good player, yet he only is here to post his enlightening comments to direct us.
    He is doing us a real service, I sent feedback asking Russ if he could pay To_O for his service to the community. 😉 😏
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 02:002 edits
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    He's just pointing out to you that, for some of us, belief IN Jesus, and "believing" Jesus, and being a Christian.....are all one and the same. That's the point I've tried in vain to get thru to you for longer than I wish to admit. It's now clear that you will never understand my point that believing Christ and being Christian are THE EXACT SAME THING. hut, so to speak.

I understood what he meant. Regardless, your accusation that I said that you are not a Christian is a lie. As is your accusation that I said that you don't believe in Christ. I never said either.

Perhaps an example will show you how ridiculous it is to hold an individual responsble for what another person infers. Let's say that Bob belongs to a cult that believes that short people are born of the devil and you said that Bob was short. Do you believe that Bob would be correct in accusing you of saying that he was born of the devil?

What's more, what CP is probably unaware of is the fact that your responses indicate the you DON'T believe Jesus. To cite just one example, your responses indicate you don't believe Jesus where He said, "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 02:102 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    People find disparaging things to say, regardless of its relevance or even truth, when their egos are threatened. It's happened to me on this forum countless times. What makes it all the more absurd is that the vast majority of the time it has been by Christians who purport to believe in the God of Truth.

Another example is where PF said the following about me:
    "Condemning an entire group to hell because of some writings that don not even out-date the Gettysburg Address is quite another."

Or you can look at pretty much any post that CP makes in response to me or about me.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 02:43
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I find it irrelevant that you find it irrelevant. 😉
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 02:48
    People find disparaging things to say, regardless of its relevance or even truth, when their egos are threatened. It's happened to me on this forum countless times. What makes it all the more absurd is that the vast majority of the time it has been by Christians who purport to believe in the God of Truth.

Another example is where PF said the following ...[text shortened]... because of some writings that don not even out-date the Gettysburg Address is quite another."
    I bet I can find more disparaging things to say about you than you can about me.

Isn't that hilarious? 😵
  13. In your face
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 02:50
    Originally posted by josephw
    I find it irrelevant that you find it irrelevant. 😉
    That's irrelevant.

HAH
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 03:04
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    That's irrelevant.

HAH
    Irrelevance by any other name is still irrelevant.

Ah ha!
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 03:171 edit
    Or you can look at pretty much any post that CP makes in response to me or about me.
    Not true, I love you man. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree