1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:452 edits
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Disagree that all religions are unique.
    They are distinct and separate. A Jew and a Christian and a Muslim are each members of different religions that are each essentially one of a kind. The 'uniqueness of Islam' is not a piece of self-substantiating evidence in any way.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:47
    Originally posted by @fmf
    They are distinct and separate. A Jew and a Christian and a Muslim are each members of different religions that are essentially one of a kind.
    I see you’ve opted for trolling instead of pool whizzing. Either way, you can’t salvage your train wreck of an initial post.

Your position’s been totally busted and exposed and it’s not a pretty sight.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:481 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    All other religions are the same because their religious leaders are all dead. Christianity is unique in the sense that Jesus rose from the dead. Surely you should be able to see that?
    The details of Christian belief and dogma are just that: details of Christian belief and dogma. The fact that they are different from the details of other beliefs and dogmas is irrelevant.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:49
    FMF’s position is unsustainable, even though he changed it in a desperate attempt to salvage his initial post.
    There has been no change.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:53
    There has been no change.
    Keep telling yourself that. Maybe you’ll convince yourself.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:56
    Keep telling yourself that. Maybe you’ll convince yourself.
    Here it is again: [whodey], your personal liking and preference for Christianity is all well and good, but what of it? If both you and I are wrong, and it turns out that Islam - for example - is the "true" religion [and their version of the Jesus story is correct], then your liking for the Christian Christ is neither here nor there.

The premise of what I have been saying has not deviated from this at all.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:56
    The details of Christian belief and dogma are just that: details of Christian belief and dogma. The fact that they are different from the details of other beliefs and dogmas is irrelevant.
    You must have an odd definition of “details.”

Either way, I think everyone’s left the pool so if you want to switch from trolling to pool whizzing, feel free.

But don’t try to salvage your initial post. You’re just embarrassing yourself.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:57
    But don’t try to salvage your initial post.
    I have reposted the original post. There has been no change.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:58
    Here it is again: [whodey], your personal liking and preference for Christianity is all well and good, but what of it? If both you and I are wrong, and it turns out that Islam - for example - is the "true" religion [and their version of the Jesus story is correct], then your liking for the Christian Christ is neither here nor there.

Please...

Enough carnage for one night. We don’t need to see that train wreck twice.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:58
    I have reposted the original post. There has been no change.
    Please...

Enough carnage for one night. We don’t need to see that train wreck twice.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 06:021 edit

Seems you have a new liking for red herrings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies#Red_herring_fallacies
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 06:07
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Seems you have a new liking for red herrings.
    The uniqueness of Christ, the popularity of Christ, and whodey's admiration for Christ all amount to nothing if the things he and other Christians believe about the identity of Jesus and the significance of his life are not true. That makes the OP little more than an assertion of faith rather than much in the way of a debate topic.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 06:14
    The uniqueness of Christ, the popularity of Christ, and whodey's admiration for Christ all amount to nothing if the things he and other Christians believe about the identity of Jesus and the significance of his life are not true. That makes the OP little more than an assertion of faith rather than much in the way of a debate topic.
    Which is why you belly-flopped so badly in suggesting Islam was true, and, when asked what the evidence for Islam was, claiming it didn’t matter.

You’re flailing and flopping around and turning yourself into a pretzel to avoid what everyone else sees - your initial post was a disaster of Hindenburg proportions.

Sad!
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 06:17
    Which is why you belly-flopped so badly in suggesting Islam was true, and, when asked what the evidence for Islam was, claiming it didn’t matter.!
    I didn't suggest "Islam is true". I don't think there is any credible "evidence for Islam", as you put it. I am not a religionist. I am an agnostic atheist. There has been no 'belly-flop'.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 06:18
    You’re flailing and flopping around and turning yourself into a pretzel to avoid what everyone else sees - your initial post was a disaster of Hindenburg proportions.
    Perhaps you should read it again. More carefully this time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree