1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:08
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Nope. My hypothetical makes the point it needs to make. There is no need for "supporting evidence".
    Your hypothetical accomplished its purpose, I agree with that.

And I’m sure Ghost would approve of that purpose.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:09
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Be careful you don’t lose your balance from all that backpedaling
    There is no back peddling. You labelling the hypothetical "false" is irrelevant to the point the hypothetical makes.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:09
    Start a thread about it. There is no religion that I seek to suggest is "true", but there may be people here who want to discuss it with you.
    You already told me to do that once. Did you forget?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:101 edit
    FMF: Start a thread about it. There is no religion that I seek to suggest is "true", but there may be people here who want to discuss it with you.

You already told me to do that once. Did you forget?
    I was replying to the poster who posted this: "If you have evidence to suggest that Christianity is false and that another religion is true feel free to present it."
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:10
    There is no back peddling. You labelling the hypothetical "false" is irrelevant to the point the hypothetical makes.
    Now you’re just whizzing in the pool
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:11
    I was replying to the poster who posted this: "If you have evidence to suggest that Christianity is false and that another religion is true feel free to present it."
    Whizz away!
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:56
    Start a thread about it. There is no religion that I seek to suggest is "true", but there may be people here who want to discuss it with you.
    What was the point of your hypothetical then? 🙄
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:05
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    What was the point of your hypothetical then? 🙄
    To address whodey's OP.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:10
    To address whodey's OP.
    Too bad it missed the mark by a country mile
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:17
    To address whodey's OP.
    It's a pity you have no real substance to offer to the OP apart from a silly hypothetical.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:25
    Too bad it missed the mark by a country mile
    whodey's OP is a kind of mish-mash of argumentum ad populum and appeal to celebrity and maybe a bit of special pleading thrown in. All religions are unique. If whodey was touting his belief in Sikhism and citing the uniqueness of Sikhism as a 'supporting evidence', it would be no more or less significant than the content of this OP.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:28
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    It's a pity you have no real substance to offer to the OP apart from a silly hypothetical.
    There's the uniqueness of Christ. There's the uniqueness of Christianity. There's the uniqueness of Judaism. There's the uniqueness of Hinduism. There's the uniqueness of Islam. There's the uniqueness of Jainism, and so on.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:34
    whodey's OP is a kind of mish-mash of argumentum ad populum and appeal to celebrity and maybe a bit of special pleading thrown in. All religions are unique. If whodey was touting his belief in Sikhism and citing the uniqueness of Sikhism as a 'supporting evidence', it would be no more or less significant than the content of this OP.
    Disagree that all religions are unique. The three major ones share common texts and two of those three share a common overarching view of how salvation is obtained.

Christianity is unique in that its foundational text is not shared by another religion, no other religion believes Jesus Christ was/is God in the flesh and no other religion believes in salvation by faith alone and not works. There are probably many other unique characteristics of Christianity.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:37
    All other religions are the same because their religious leaders are all dead. Christianity is unique in the sense that Jesus rose from the dead. Surely you should be able to see that?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 05:42
    FMF’s position is unsustainable, even though he changed it in a desperate attempt to salvage his initial post.

Expect the frightened whizzing to start any minute now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree