Uniqueness of Christ

Uniqueness of Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I didn't suggest "Islam is true". I don't think there is any credible "evidence for Islam", as you put it. I am not a religionist. I am an agnostic atheist. There has been no 'belly-flop'.
For a guy with an alleged IQ of 675, you’re posting like an imbecile.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

Perhaps you should read it again. More carefully this time.
No thanks. I’ve seen enough gore for one night.

S. Korea

Moves
26 Feb 18

Your personal liking and preference for Christianity is all well and good, but what of it? If both you and I are wrong, and it turns out that Islam - for example - is the "true" religion [and their version of the Jesus story is correct], then your liking for the Christian Christ is neither here nor there.
You'd actually have to go into each and every religion to adequately tackle this but every single one of them has some very obvious and unique shortcomings which Christianity does not.

OF course, I am talking about going into really massive series of arguments and discussion points.

But we can just start with Islam:

The Holy Koran does not even accurately describe the Trinity. It also is a regression back to legalism while Christianity is the liberation from legalism. Books could be written on this topic but those two sentences pretty much say it all.

F

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
You'd actually have to go into each and every religion to adequately tackle this but every single one of them has some very obvious and unique shortcomings which Christianity does not.

OF course, I am talking about going into really massive series of arguments and discussion points.

But we can just start with Islam:

The Holy Koran does not eve ...[text shortened]... m legalism. Books could be written on this topic but those two sentences pretty much say it all.
Your personal opinions about the shortcomings and strengths of various religions does not constitute evidence of any supernatural phenomena.

F

Moves
26 Feb 18

The Holy Koran does not even accurately describe the Trinity. It also is a regression back to legalism while Christianity is the liberation from legalism.
So?

S. Korea

Moves
26 Feb 18

Your personal opinions about the shortcomings and strengths of various religions does not constitute evidence of any supernatural phenomena.
LOL, this is true.

F

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @whodey
Who is like him?

Whose teachings are adored by all religions?

Whose example are adored by all religions?

Who else said that only through him can we know God, and then lowered himself to be our servant?

Who else fed us when we hungered and healed us when we were sick?

Who else is as famous having never been rich, never held political power, a ...[text shortened]... In fact, who is as famous?

Who else has given their life for you?

There is none like him.
Your personal liking and preference for Christianity is all well and good, but what of it? If both you and I are wrong, and it turns out that Judaism - for example - is the "true" religion [and their rejection of Jesus as a fake and imposter is correct], then your liking for the Christian Christ is neither here nor there.

S. Korea

Moves
26 Feb 18

So?
They hold he Koran to be the miracle itself, and that it is the utterly inerrant word of God.

Yet... It does not even give us an accurate description of the Trinity. Why would God not accurately describe the Christian concept of the Trinity while even criticizing it?

Plus the Koran is like... "Yeah, Jesus is the Messiah but... Let's go back to the legalism. lol."

F

Moves
26 Feb 18

They hold he Koran to be the miracle itself, and that it is the utterly inerrant word of God.

Yet... It does not even give us an accurate description of the Trinity. Why would God not accurately describe the Christian concept of the Trinity while even criticizing it?

Plus the Koran is like... "Yeah, Jesus is the Messiah but... Let's go back to the legalism. lol."
What does whether or not you think the Koran gives people "an accurate description of the Trinity" have to do with what I have been saying?

S. Korea

Moves
26 Feb 18

What does whether or not you think the Koran gives people "an accurate description of the Trinity" have to do with what I have been saying?
You posed the question what if Islam, for example, is the true religion...

I'll literally tell you why every other religion is wrong in plain and simple terms.

I figured since you mentioned Islam, we coul dbegin there.

F

Moves
26 Feb 18
1 edit

The Koran that I've read does not say "Jesus is the Messiah". You've not been reading one of those doctored copies of the Koran that U.S. evangelists got caught distributing in the chaos after the 2004 tsunami before they were deported, have you?

And anyway, even if you do think the Koran says "Jesus is the Messiah", how is you thinking that relevant?

Moves
26 Feb 18
2 edits

The uniqueness of Christ, the popularity of Christ, and whodey's admiration for Christ all amount to nothing if the things he and other Christians believe about the identity of Jesus and the significance of his life are not true. That makes the OP little more than an assertion of faith rather than much in the way of a debate topic.
The validity of truth can be decided upon by the presentation of evidence. Your 'what if' hypotheticals bring nothing to the table. Absolutely nothing. If you have no evidence to support your hypotheticals then you may as well be farting in the wind.

F

Moves
26 Feb 18

You posed the question what if Islam, for example, is the true religion...

I'll literally tell you why every other religion is wrong in plain and simple terms.

I figured since you mentioned Islam, we coul dbegin there.
You have missed the point completely. Try the 'Judaism version' on this page. Maybe the word "Islam" has caused you some sort of rhetorical premature ejaculation, so to speak.

F

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
The validity of truth can be decided upon by the presentation of evidence. Your 'what if' hypotheticals bring nothing to the table. Absolutely nothing. If you have no evidence to support your hypotheticals they may as well be farts in the wind.
I have no reason to be trying to establish the validity of Islam - or Christianity - or Hinduism - or any religion. There are enough religionists here without non-believers having to do it too.

F

Moves
26 Feb 18

Save it for when there are people from those other religions here to discuss it you with you.