1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:14
    Who is like him?

Whose teachings are adored by all religions?

Whose example are adored by all religions?

Who else said that only through him can we know God, and then lowered himself to be our servant?

Who else fed us when we hungered and healed us when we were sick?

Who else is as famous having never been rich, never held political power, and never having an army to fight for you? In fact, who is as famous?

Who else has given their life for you?

There is none like him.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:24
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Who is like him?

Who else said that only through him can we know God, and then lowered himself to be our servant?

Who else is as famous having never been rich, never held political power, a ...[text shortened]... In fact, who is as famous?

There is none like him.
    Your personal liking and preference for Christianity is all well and good, but what of it? If both you and I are wrong, and it turns out that Islam - for example - is the "true" religion [and their version of the Jesus story is correct], then your liking for the Christian Christ is neither here nor there.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:31
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Your personal liking and preference for Christianity is all well and good, but what of it? If both you and I are wrong, and it turns out that Islam - for example - is the "true" religion [and their version of the Jesus story is correct], then your liking for the Christian Christ is neither here nor there.
    And if pigs had wings they could fly.

Gamaliel had it right:

“Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space;

And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men.

For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought.

After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed.

And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:

But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.“

(Acts 5:34-39)
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:32
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Who is like him?

Who else is as famous having never been rich, never held political power, a ...[text shortened]... In fact, who is as famous?

There is none like him.

They are adored because they are truth. Yet the religion bearing His name perversely has the teachings of others as its foundation - the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is relegated to an afterthought.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:32
    Do you know what the evidence is for Islam? What is the evidence that God spoke to Muhammad?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:33
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    And if pigs had wings they could fly.
    Exactly. If whodey preferred a god figure that was a pig with wings [that could therefore fly], rather than all the other god figures, what of it?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:36
    Do you know what the evidence is for Islam? What is the evidence that God spoke to Muhammad?
    The topic is whodey's preference for Christianity on account of the "uniqueness of Christ" and its significance. If you want to discuss "what the evidence is for Islam", start a thread about it. Maybe people will want to discuss it with you.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:36
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]Whose teachings are adored by all religions?

They are adored because they are truth. Yet the religion bearing His name perversely has the teachings of others as its foundation - the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is relegated to an afterthought.[/b]
    Jesus Christ said numerous times that He came down from heaven, was God and to believe on Him for eternal life.

To believe He was just a man, you would have to believe He was insane.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:38
    The topic is whodey's preference for Christianity on account of the "uniqueness of Christ" and its significance. If you want to discuss "what the evidence is for Islam", start a thread about it. Maybe people will want to discuss it with you.
    You’re the one who brought Islam into the thread and hypothesized (rather ignorantly) that it may be the “true” religion. I was just demonstrating how silly your comment was.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:39
    Exactly. If whodey preferred a god figure that was a pig with wings [that could therefore fly], rather than all the other god figures, what of it?
    It all comes down to evidence. The evidence for all religions is not equal. You can pretend it is, but that doesn’t make it correct.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:40
    Jesus Christ said numerous times that He came down from heaven, was God and to believe on Him for eternal life.

To believe He was just a man, you would have to believe He was insane.
    As I said, "Yet the religion bearing His name perversely has the teachings of others as its foundation - the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is relegated to an afterthought."

Your post serves as evidence of what I said.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:41
    You’re the one who brought Islam into the thread and hypothesized (rather ignorantly) that it may be the “true” religion. I was just demonstrating how silly your comment was.
    You obviously did not understand the point that was being made then.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:43
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    As I said, "Yet the religion bearing His name perversely has the teachings of others as its foundation - the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is relegated to an afterthought."

Your post serves as evidence of what I said.
    Are you suggesting the Gospel writers were not accurate in their representations and quotations of Jesus?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:44
    It all comes down to evidence. The evidence for all religions is not equal. You can pretend it is, but that doesn’t make it correct.
    The topic is whodey's feeling that the "uniqueness of Christ" means something beyond his own feelings and beliefs. whodey's admiration doesn't add any weight to the credibility of Christianity. There is also the 'uniqueness of Hinduism', for instance, but it doesn't add any weight to the credibility of Hinduism.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:45
    You obviously did not understand the point that was being made then.
    I understood it just fine. You presented a false hypothetical, I sought to educate you on why it was false, and you got scared and started whizzing in the pool.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree