1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:46
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The topic is whodey's feeling that the "uniqueness of Christ" means something beyond his own feelings and beliefs. whodey's admiration doesn't add any weight to the credibility of Christianity. There is also the 'uniqueness of Hinduism', for instance, but it doesn't add any weight to the credibility of Hinduism.
    Don’t you ever get tired of trolling?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:491 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Don’t you ever get tired of trolling?
    If you don't want non-Christians contributing to this forum's debates and discussions either dial yourself back a little and ignore them, or take it up with the web site's admin who might change the forum's raison d'etre for you.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:52
    I understood it just fine. You presented a false hypothetical, I sought to educate you on why it was false, and you got scared and started whizzing in the pool.
    This was the sentence: " If both you and I are wrong, and it turns out that Islam - for example - is the "true" religion [and their version of the Jesus story is correct], then your liking for the Christian Christ is neither here nor there." That is simply a hypothetical. Yes, you are a Christian. We know that. But you being a Christian does not make the hypothetical "false", no matter how sincere and strident you are about your religion.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 03:59
    This was the sentence: " If both you and I are wrong, and it turns out that Islam - for example - is the "true" religion [and their version of the Jesus story is correct], then your liking for the Christian Christ is neither here nor there." That is simply a hypothetical. Yes, you are a Christian. We know that. But you being a Christian does not make the hypothetical "false", no matter how sincere and strident you are about your religion.
    Speaking of hypotheticals here is one for you: If both you and I are wrong and it turns out that the moon is made of cheese, what are you going to do about it?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:01
    I never claimed my being a Christian made the hypothetical false.

The evidence for Christ’s Resurrection makes the hypothetical false.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:02
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Speaking of hypotheticals here is one for you: If both you and I are wrong and it turns out that the moon is made of cheese, what are you going to do about it?
    You sometimes sell yourself short with the way you try to express your earnestness and certainty about your Christian faith.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    Are you suggesting the Gospel writers were not accurate in their representations and quotations of Jesus?
    I am suggesting that your interpretations of the words spoken by Jesus grossly pervert what the His words actually mean since Christianity has the teachings of others as its foundation.

You neither hear nor understand what He is saying.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    If you don't want non-Christians contributing to this forum's debates and discussions either dial yourself back a little and ignore them, or take it up with the web site's admin who might change the forum's raison d'etre for you.
    I just asked a sincere question regarding your propensity to troll. Stop acting all offended lol.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:05
    You sometimes sell yourself short with the way you try to express your earnestness and certainty about your Christian faith.
    I was merely pointing out that your hypotheticals are useless without supporting evidence. If you have evidence to suggest that Christianity is false and that another religion is true feel free to present it.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    I am suggesting that your interpretations of the words spoken by Jesus grossly pervert what the His words actually mean since Christianity has the teachings of others as its foundation.

You seem to ignore His statements that reveal He was God in the flesh.

Did God intend/want Jews to follow the Mosaic Law?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    I never claimed my being a Christian made the hypothetical false.

The evidence for Christ’s Resurrection makes the hypothetical false.
    It's just a hypothetical. You labelling it "false" is irrelevant to the point being made about the significance of whodey's preference and admiration for his particular god figure.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:06
    Originally posted by @thinkofone

Let me guess, you are the only one that hears and understands, and everyone else is wrong in their interpretations?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:06
    I was merely pointing out that your hypotheticals are useless without supporting evidence.
    Nope. My hypothetical makes the point it needs to make. There is no need for "supporting evidence".
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:07
    It's just a hypothetical. You labelling it "false" is irrelevant to the point being made about the significance of whodey's preference and admiration for his particular god figure.
    Be careful you don’t lose your balance from all that backpedaling
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 04:07
    If you have evidence to suggest that Christianity is false and that another religion is true feel free to present it.
    Start a thread about it. There is no religion that I seek to suggest is "true", but there may be people here who want to discuss it with you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree