1. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 04:531 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    (Genesis 1:30) . . .I have given all green vegetation for food.” And it came to be so. . .

thus God decreed that the vegetation was to serve as food.
    Quite so, but who doesn't eat their vegetables apart from 6 year olds? The verse in question does not say: don't eat meat. Do you have any other reasons for believing Adam and Eve were vegetarian or is that it?
    Do you also conclude from the verse that there were no poisonous plants, that seaweed was forbidden or that seedless plants were forbidden?
    It is not clear from the verse whether only the seeds and fruit were to be consumed, but it certainly seems to be implied.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 07:34
    Originally posted by menace71
    Rajk999

Man were have you been?

Manny
    the posts that he posted have been removed, with the exception of one. i dunno if he is under a forum ban for obscenity , or the moderator found his assertions of 'your such an idiot', 'your moronic', etc etc unpalatable.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 03:22
    Yeah he could get a bit vicious. I know we've gone at it a bit but I still try to be respectful. 🙂

Manny
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 09:19
    Originally posted by Badwater
    I think humans are omnivores and it's not a big deal.
    I believe that this is one of those issues that affects different people differently. Its not one those black and white universal principals as 'thou shall not kill other humans' .
    While it is a black or white for killing humans,it is not so with killing animals, it seems that meat eaters have invented many interesting, and often false reasons for why we need to continue to keep eating meat. The bottom line is that 1inch strip on your tounge called 'tastebuds'. Bear in my here that we become accustommed to what we like. We can just as easily spice up vegetables to make them tasty as long as we were prepared to adjust our tastebuds' muscle memory.
    Think about all the counter arguements of vegetarianism. Eating vegetables instead of meat makes more sense on almost every level and I challenge anyone to show me that the 'pros' would outweigh the 'cons' for being a meat-eater.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 09:22
    I find it hard to look into an animals eyes and know that it will be killed and served up to me.
    I think the Bhuddists were right with this one too
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 23:58
    Originally posted by menace71
    Rajk999

Man were have you been?

Manny
    Im around .. playing chess mostly. Im just not posting to Spirituality like before. I just cant stand the stupidity that the JWs in particular post around here.

Like Robbie is claiming that Adam and Eve were vegetarians becuase God said ' eat your vegetables" .. 🙂. But the emptyheaded JW conveniently forgets that Adam and Eve did not always obey God. If Adam and Eve followed Gods commandments there would not be original sin in the first place.

Gods command therefore cannot constitute proof that Adam and Eve followed such a command. Im pretty sure you can see the logic in that .... 🙂
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 00:131 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Im around .. playing chess mostly. Im just not posting to Spirituality like before. I just cant stand the stupidity that the JWs in particular post around here.

Like Robbie is claiming that Adam and Eve were vegetarians becuase God said ' eat your vegetables" .. 🙂. But the emptyheaded JW conveniently forgets that Adam and Eve did not always obey God. I ...[text shortened]... at Adam and Eve followed such a command. Im pretty sure you can see the logic in that .... 🙂
    oh did the bad ol putty cat get his posts removed? there there ol putty cat, nevermind you can always get a job with Warner brothers, oh well, that's what one gets for posting obscenities and making absurd assertions with no basis in scripture other than speculation with regard to what is not actually written, yes incredibly, the forum shall note that the whole basis of Rajy paji pudding and pies statements are that they have no foundation in scripture, this latest affront to our intelligence, is typical!
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 17:10

Like Robbie is claiming that Adam and Eve were vegetarians becuase God said ' eat your vegetables" .. 🙂. But the emptyheaded JW conveniently forgets that Adam and Eve did not always obey God. I ...[text shortened]... at Adam and Eve followed such a command. Im pretty sure you can see the logic in that .... 🙂
    Good to have you back,man. I've missed your posts
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 17:14
    oh did the bad ol putty cat get his posts removed? there there ol putty cat, nevermind you can always get a job with Warner brothers, oh well, that's what one gets for posting obscenities and making absurd assertions with no basis in scripture other than speculation with regard to what is not actually written, yes incredibly, the forum shall note th ...[text shortened]... that they have no foundation in scripture, this latest affront to our intelligence, is typical!
    Are you 10yrs old?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 18:04
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Are you 10yrs old?
    what, because i like to watch cartoons? dont you?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 00:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Good to have you back,man. I've missed your posts
    Thanks .. 🙂
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 00:49
    what, because i like to watch cartoons?
    No... your reasoning ability is immature.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 00:58
    No... your reasoning ability is immature.
    i think vegetarianism in your case would amount to cannibalism, better watch out!
  14. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 02:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I believe that this is one of those issues that affects different people differently. Its not one those black and white universal principals as 'thou shall not kill other humans' .
    While it is a black or white for killing humans,it is not so with killing animals, it seems that meat eaters have invented many interesting, and often false reasons for wh ...[text shortened]... nge anyone to show me that the 'pros' would outweigh the 'cons' for being a meat-eater.
    Eating vegetables instead of meat makes more sense on almost every level and I challenge anyone to show me that the 'pros' would outweigh the 'cons' for being a meat-eater.

Depending in part on whether you’re a vegan (as opposed to an octo-lavo) vegetarian, both protein and certain micronutrients that are more readily available in meat. One could perhaps make the case that vegetarianism plus the necessary supplements is a moral choice affordable to first-world peoples, but not to third-world peoples.

LemonJello gave me a list of studies (which I might be able to find) on the health benefits of a vegetarian (though not vegan!) diet; perhaps I can find them (or the thread in which he posted them). One of the studies found that a “minimal” (can’t recall how that was defined) meat diet had the same health advantages as a (non-vegan) vegetarian diet.

As Badwater noted: we are naturally omnivores. I don’t think that one has to be a vegetarian to accord animals moral consideration.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 02:511 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]Eating vegetables instead of meat makes more sense on almost every level and I challenge anyone to show me that the 'pros' would outweigh the 'cons' for being a meat-eater.

Depending in part on whether you’re a vegan (as opposed to an octo-lavo) vegetarian, both protein and certain micronutrients that are more readily available in meat. One could ...[text shortened]... vores. I don’t think that one has to be a vegetarian to accord animals moral consideration.[/b]
    Agreed!One does not have to be vegetarian, not even vegan to accord animals moral considerations. (Nice to hear from you🙂 ).
    Protien and iron I think are the most difficult nutrients to keep up when becoming vegetarian. There are many ways to do this.
    (I believe there are areas in the body that can make any nutrient out of any ingredient. Spiritual thing...can't explain it)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree