1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 08:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think as PK pointed out earlier, you have crashed-and-burned in this thread; you know it too.
    clearly you need to educate yourself with regard to christian neutrality.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 09:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sounds like luke-warm Christianity to me, if there is such a thing.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 10:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You are not being neutral, you are being obedient to the instruction of your governing body. You denyed this on page one of this thread and went on to state that my assertions were "meaningless" until you saw this quote from your own literature instructing JWs not to vote. There is a big difference between choosing not to vote and not being allowed to to vote as you are.

Watchtower 1964 5/15 p.308
    In no country do Jehovah’s witnesses take part in politics....Therefore they do not take part in voting at elections.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 14:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Conservative
    The free market system, competitive capitalism, and private enterprise create the greatest opportunity and the highest standard of living for the vendors only. Free markets produce more economic growth, more jobs and higher standards of living for the vendors only than those systems burdened by excessive government regulation.
    Fixed that for you.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 14:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    How about chucking the whole democratic thing and just elect government officials with a lottery? At least that way a few weeks can go by before they are totally in the pockets of the powers behind the scene.

A lottery would put people of both genders, all ages, all levels of intelligence and experience in together.

My bet is they would do just as go ...[text shortened]... es, and the haves more. YOU ARE MY BASE!'. Unquote. Kind of easy to see what he was all about.
    Given the lowest common denominator of society, I'm afraid a lottery system would lead to far more graft, although it is tough to imagine a system with more graft than the current one.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 20:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Fixed that for you.
    It did not need to be fixed. You are adding your bias beliefs. I got that from the economy section of this unbiased website on the difference between liberal and conservative:

http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/conservative-vs-liberal-beliefs/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree