voting christans

voting christans

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
But there are judges, as you claimed?
I dont know any, there might be.

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
well it depends how you define politically neutral. He of course attracted attention
because he was saying that he was a King, which to the Romans was seditious. The
question of why he attracted the attention of the Jewish hierarchy is also really
interesting one, but mainly doctrinal, for he was to them, claiming an authority that
only God could claim, like the forgiveness of sins.
Yes but everything that threatened the Jewish hierarchy was political, in that the delicate power sharing between them and the Roman occupiers was threatened. But I would agree Jesus wasn't "playing politics" if that's what you mean. I think he was sincere in his motivations. Or, I prefer to think that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Some religious people don't vote in political elections.

I know some who won't due to apparent apathy stemming from a percieved lack of moral fibre within the various parties. I know of others who are not permitted to vote.

Do you have a view on this, either as an observer or as one of the 2 groups mentioned above?
I think since the founding fathers were Christians, only Christians should vote..

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Oct 12

Being taught to be "politically neutral" equates to being taught to not vote doesn't it; or do you think a JW who votes for one party is being in some way neutral?
Bump for robbie; I thought you would avoid this one.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I think since the founding fathers were Christians, only Christians should vote..
There are democracies outside of America you know 😉

Moves
30 Oct 12

Really?

Well your founding fathers were also all white Europeans...

Should only those who are descended from white Europeans be allowed to vote?

Your founding fathers also didn't permit women to be part of the power structures or have a say in the
running of the country...

Should only men be allowed to vote?

Are you being intentionally stupid or do you actually believe this?

Moves
30 Oct 12

There are democracies outside of America you know 😉
I wasn't aware that there was one IN America.

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

Bump for robbie; I thought you would avoid this one.
neutrality is neutrality, i did notice that you failed, yes that is correct, failed to find a
single instance where Christ took political sides, why do you think that is?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Oct 12

neutrality is neutrality...
Being taught to be "politically neutral" equates to being taught to not vote doesn't it?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Oct 12
1 edit

... i did notice that you failed, yes that is correct, failed to find a single instance where Christ took political sides, why do you think that is?
The onus is on you to back up your claim that " the bible teaches us to be politically neutral". However you can respond to my post above first - thanks.

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12
2 edits

Being taught to be "politically neutral" equates to being taught to not vote doesn't it?
the quotation again that you seem to be having some trouble with,

Questions From Readers, The Watchtower, November 1, 1999, p. 28,"As to whether
they will personally vote for someone running in an election, each one of Jehovah's
Witnesses makes a decision based on his Bible-trained conscience and an
understanding of his responsibility to God and to the State."

this is what we are taught. If you think that, each christian must decide for himself
based upon his Bible trained conscience whether to vote in an election means we are
taught not to vote then that is your affair, its meaningless to me.

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

The onus is on you to back up your claim that " the bible teaches us to be politically neutral". However you can respond to my post above first - thanks.
(John 17:16) . . .They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world. . .

why did Jesus say to his followers that like himself they were to be no part of the world,
which naturally, would include the world of politics, please explain.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
Really?

Well your founding fathers were also all white Europeans...

Should only those who are descended from white Europeans be allowed to vote?

Your founding fathers also didn't permit women to be part of the power structures or have a say in the
running of the country...

Should only men be allowed to vote?

Are you being intentionally stupid or do you actually believe this?
Chill man, you sound like the typical liberal....God fearing men and woman will always vote what is right. They will vote for sensible, biblical policies that will ensure freedom of worship, end the baby killing, and end all the oppressive policies of out of control liberalism. They will help restore honor to Civil Governments and God will bless America once again.

Moves
30 Oct 12

Chill man, you sound like the typical liberal....God fearing men and woman will always vote what is right. They will vote for sensible, biblical policies that will ensure freedom of worship, end the baby killing, and end all the oppressive policies of out of control liberalism. They will help restore honor to Civil Governments and God will bless America once again.
You have shown GF's question -- "Are you being intentionally stupid or do you actually believe this?" -- to be a false dichotomy. There is a third option.

Moves
31 Oct 12

Well I am a liberal, I am an atheist, I am a Skeptic and a Scientist... And you're talking about creating a theocracy and destroying freedom.

So don't tell me to chill.

You are what I am fighting against.

God fearing men and woman will always vote what is right.

Well that's just wrong on the face of it.

There are 'god fearing MEN' throughout history (and in present day) who have voted for torture, slavery, capital punishment, the subjugation
of women, the oppression of minorities, and all manner of stupidities and immoral laws.

They will vote for sensible, biblical policies that will ensure freedom of worship...

Freedom of worship for whom?

Does this freedom include the freedom not to worship, or to worship something/someone else?

Also, please tell me about these 'sensible' biblical policies...

Would you for example be following the 10 commandments and executing people who work on the Sabbath?

...end the baby killing,...

What baby killing?

Killing babies is illegal already.

I think what you are talking about is abortion, which is something totally different and ending it would be a really bad thing.

...and end all the oppressive policies of out of control liberalism....

Yes it's really terrible how oppressive us liberals are when we stop you from oppressing everyone else who doesn't believe as you do.

It's horrible how we stop you forcing your beliefs onto other people, how we give people a choice over what to believe.

...They will help restore honor to Civil Governments and God will bless America once again.

No you have this backwards.

What they will do is destroy honour and civil governments in favour of tyrannical theocracies and god has and will never bless America
(Or anywhere else) due to his terminal non-existence.