1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 14:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    For example, most Jehovah's Witnesses and Christadelphians believe that they should
    not participate in political events. Forcing them to vote ostensibly denies them their
    freedom of religious practice. In some countries with compulsory voting, Jehovah's
    Witnesses and others may be excused on these grounds. If however they are forced to
    go to ...[text shortened]... they can still use a blank or invalid vote.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_voting
    Do you think democracy is better than a tyranny? If so, why then is it better not to vote?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 15:141 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Patriot Act was an effort to keep U.S. citizens safe from the Islamic terriorists and so was Guantanamo Prisoner of war camps.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

The Patriot Act was a power grab, an aim to erode our liberty, which all despot governments are wont to do.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 15:17
    whatever you say , it must be true, ill be sure to take your opinions on-board, thanks.
    No you won't.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 15:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    Do you think democracy is better than a tyranny? If so, why then is it better not to vote?
    I dont vote because I believe the Bible teaches us to be politically neutral, , its nothing to do with tyranny or democracy or anything else.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 15:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No you won't.
    meh, you could be right. 🙂
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 16:15
    I dont vote because I believe the Bible teaches us to be politically neutral, , its nothing to do with tyranny or democracy or anything else.
    Why would the bible command us to pray for civil authorities but not vote?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 16:26
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Why would the bible command us to pray for civil authorities but not vote?
    you need to cite a specific verse.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 19:05
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    dude, drop it already. he already said his views on the matter, he made it quite clear witnesses are free to make their own choices in this matter (unlike blood transfusions which is another issue). Even the suggestions they receive (you shouldn't vote if you can't handle what your chosen official will do in his position. ) leave room for personal decision. ...[text shortened]... her issues you can pick on robbie and his merry men for being obtuse. this is not one of them.
    Since when did you appoint yourself forum moderator?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 19:08
    No, you don't vote because the JW Governing Body instructs you to be politically neutral by not voting; as I've revealed through the WT citation on the previous page.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 22:072 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, you don't vote because the JW Governing Body instructs you to be politically neutral by not voting; as I've revealed through the WT citation on the previous page.
    I do not vote because i believe the Bible teaches neutrality, as i have stated on
    numerous occasions, with reference, I will not waste any more of my precious time,
    doing so again and again, you are free of course to believe what you want.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 22:082 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Since when did you appoint yourself forum moderator?
    he is not making himself a forum moderator he is simply demonstrating that i have
    already stated my position, time and again, with reference. Try reading his link and
    educate yourself.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 22:56
    What verses have the Watchtower interpreted to mean that Christians should be politically neutral?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 22:59
    What verses have the Watchtower interpreted to mean that Christians should be politically neutral?
    sigh,

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/quotes/voting.php
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 23:07
    you need to cite a specific verse.
    He may be referring to 1 Timothy 2

First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

(1Timothy 2:1-6 NASB)
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 23:11
    He may be referring to 1 Timothy 2

First of all, then, [b]I urge that
    entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who ...[text shortened]... ve Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

(1Timothy 2:1-6 NASB)[/b]
    Yes, but also Romans 13...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree