voting christans

voting christans

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
its talking about compulsory voting which has already been addressed in the post , flip sake you might like to read and try to understand what it is you are posting.
Oh dear.

The context is why I selected that Watchtower extract, as it emphasises that even in compulsory situations JWs are not to vote - perhaps you should read it again; I'll break it down for you:

Watchtower 1964 5/15 p.308

Even in certain democracies the law makes it compulsory for the citizens to go to the election places.

In no country do Jehovah’s witnesses take part in politics.

They are not of this world. (John 17:14)

Therefore they do not take part in voting at elections.

Do you accept that this the instruction of the WT?

rc

Moves
31 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Oh dear.

The context is why I selected that Watchtower extract, as it emphasises that even in compulsory situations JWs are not to vote - perhaps you should read it again; I'll break it down for you:

[b]Even
in certain democracies the law makes it compulsory for the citizens to go to the election places.

In [ ...[text shortened]... ake part in voting at elections. [/b][/i]

Do you accept that this the instruction of the WT?[/b]
what about it, yes we do not take part in elections or politics as has already been
mentioned. do you have anything to tell me that i don't already know?

Z

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Bush is far better than what we have now,Guantanamo is still here and rightfully so,the patriot act as well is still here only more so and and used more to oppress than help, Look at what Liberalism has produced, Detroit slums, NY slums, etc.
bush is far better. yeh, right.

obama may not be the best thing since sliced bread after all, but compared to bush, there is no contest.

rc

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
bush is far better. yeh, right.

obama may not be the best thing since sliced bread after all, but compared to bush, there is no contest.
Is it not true that New York crime is at an unprecedented low?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Oct 12
1 edit

what about it, yes we do not take part in elections or politics as has already been mentioned. do you have anything to tell me that i don't already know?
What a strange and dishonest man you are.

All through this thread from your very first post you have been claiming that you have freedom of conscience and that my challenges that you are not permitted to vote were my own "meaningless assertions". Now you are doing a U-turn in the light of your own WT instructions and claiming you have been agreeing with me all along.

rc

Moves
31 Oct 12

What a strange and dishonest man you are.

All through this thread from your very first post you have been claiming that you have freedom of conscience and that my challenges that you are not permitted to vote were my own "meaningless assertions". Now you are doing a U-turn in thre light of your own WT instructions and claiming you have been agreeing with me all along.
whatever you say, it must be true

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Oct 12
1 edit

whatever you say, it must be true
A very weak and disappointing response robbie; I think the honest thing to do would be for to give me an apology and admit that you were wrong.

rc

Moves
31 Oct 12

A very weak and disappointing response robbie; I think the honest thing to do would be for to give me an apology and admit that you were wrong.
whatever you say , it must be true, ill be sure to take your opinions on-board, thanks.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
31 Oct 12

whatever you say , it must be true, ill be sure to take your opinions on-board, thanks.
Crikey you've crashed and burned here also. 😞

rc

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Crikey you've crashed and burned here also. 😞

Z

Moves
31 Oct 12

Oh dear.

[b]Even
in certain democracies the law makes it compulsory for the citizens to go to the election places.

In [ ...[text shortened]... ake part in voting at elections. [/b][/i]

Do you accept that this the instruction of the WT?[/b]
dude, drop it already. he already said his views on the matter, he made it quite clear witnesses are free to make their own choices in this matter (unlike blood transfusions which is another issue). Even the suggestions they receive (you shouldn't vote if you can't handle what your chosen official will do in his position. ) leave room for personal decision.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/quotes/voting.php

there are numerous other issues you can pick on robbie and his merry men for being obtuse. this is not one of them.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
God fearing men and women voted for bush jr. Twice. They voted for someone who did quite a lot of baby killing in irak and had a fair share of oppressive policies (guantanamo and the patriot act to name but a few).

so what was that you were saying about god fearing men and women?

btw: oppressive policies of liberalism? don't you think that's a contradiction of terms?
George Bush did no baby killing in Iraq or anywhere. He was agaisnt baby killing, you liar. The Patriot Act was an effort to keep U.S. citizens safe from the Islamic terriorists and so was Guantanamo Prisoner of war camps.

rc

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
George Bush did no baby killing in Iraq or anywhere. He was agaisnt baby killing, you liar. The Patriot Act was an effort to keep U.S. citizens safe from the Islamic terriorists and so was Guantanamo Prisoner of war camps.
Bush Licker!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Oct 12

Bush Licker!
Also Tony Blair, ha, ha.

rc

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by RJHinds