voting christans

voting christans

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by JS357
You have shown GF's question -- "Are you being intentionally stupid or do you actually believe this?" -- to be a false dichotomy. There is a third option.
Oh there are way more options than that... I was just listing the most obvious (to me) two.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
Oh there are way more options than that... I was just listing the most obvious (to me) two.
Rom 1:21-23

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
KJV

Rom 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
KJV

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
(John 17:16) . . .They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world. . .

why did Jesus say to his followers that like himself they were to be no part of the world,
which naturally, would include the world of politics, please explain.
Perhaps he also meant no part in world church organisations...?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Oct 12
1 edit

(John 17:16). . .They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.
So based on this you are taught to be neutral by not voting.... as I'm suggesting?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
31 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
Hopefully the entire process will take you more than just a few minutes.

Going into that booth with no clue is not the best way to serve your fellow citizens.

Just like "driving while intoxicated" is a crime, "voting while stupid" should also be a crime. But millions upon millions of the middle class do it every election.

Also, it's "politicians".
Also, it's "politicians".
nein....Nein!...NEIN!!! ze posters!...zey are spelling ze verds all vong...vee should shoot zem.

Moves
31 Oct 12

Yes, I know I was way too subtle for him.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Chill man, you sound like the typical liberal....God fearing men and woman will always vote what is right. They will vote for sensible, biblical policies that will ensure freedom of worship, end the baby killing, and end all the oppressive policies of out of control liberalism. They will help restore honor to Civil Governments and God will bless America once again.
I was hoping for Ron Paul, but I think Romney is better for our nation than Obama. That does not mean I don't like any Democrats for I will also be voting for the conservative Democrat John Barrow, an NRA supporter like me, for Congress.

rc

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Perhaps he also meant no part in world church organisations...?
Indeed, considering that they have been involved in two of the bloodiest conflicts in the history of humanity.

rc

Moves
31 Oct 12

So based on this you are taught to be neutral by not voting.... as I'm suggesting?
your perceptions are yours, i have stated now perhaps five or six times and given the
quoted reference (that you seem to misunderstand or want to ignore having made no
reference to it) that we are taught to exercise our conscience with regard to voting , if
that means to you that we are being taught not to vote then that's what it means to
you, the assertion is meaningless to me.

Z

Moves
31 Oct 12

Really?

Well your founding fathers were also all white Europeans...

Should only those who are descended from white Europeans be allowed to vote?

Your founding fathers also didn't permit women to be part of the power structures or have a say in the
running of the country...

Should only men be allowed to vote?

Are you being intentionally stupid or do you actually believe this?
don't forget the founding fathers were also slave owners. ask him if owning a slave makes one christian. or fit to vote.

i think he is trolling. i hope so. i believe the best about people. i trust them to be good and logical. until they take that trust, drag it through mud and smack me over the head with it.

Z

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Chill man, you sound like the typical liberal....God fearing men and woman will always vote what is right. They will vote for sensible, biblical policies that will ensure freedom of worship, end the baby killing, and end all the oppressive policies of out of control liberalism. They will help restore honor to Civil Governments and God will bless America once again.
God fearing men and women voted for bush jr. Twice. They voted for someone who did quite a lot of baby killing in irak and had a fair share of oppressive policies (guantanamo and the patriot act to name but a few).

so what was that you were saying about god fearing men and women?

btw: oppressive policies of liberalism? don't you think that's a contradiction of terms?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Oct 12

your perceptions are yours, i have stated now perhaps five or six times and given the quoted reference (that you seem to misunderstand or want to ignore having made no reference to it) that we are taught to exercise our conscience with regard to voting , if that means to you that we are being taught not to vote then that's what it means to you, the assertion is meaningless to me.
Really...

Watchtower 1964 5/15 p.308
Even in certain democracies the law makes it compulsory for the citizens to go to the election places. In no country do Jehovah’s witnesses take part in politics. They are not of this world. (John 17:14) Therefore they do not take part in voting at elections.

...this doesn't look like one of "my assertions" robbie.

rc

Moves
31 Oct 12
1 edit

Really...

[b]Watchtower 1964 5/15 p.308

Even in certain democracies the law makes it compulsory for the citizens to go to the election places. In no country do Jehovah’s witnesses take part in politics. They are not of this world. (John 17:14) Therefore they do not take part in voting at elections.

...this doesn't look like one of "my assertions" robbie.[/b]
its talking about compulsory voting which has already been addressed in the post , flip
sake you might like to read and try to understand what it is you are posting.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I was hoping for Ron Paul, but I think Romney is better for our nation than Obama. That does not mean I don't like any Democrats for I will also be voting for the conservative Democrat John Barrow, an NRA supporter like me, for Congress.
Sounds good to me, I will be doing the same...🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
God fearing men and women voted for bush jr. Twice. They voted for someone who did quite a lot of baby killing in irak and had a fair share of oppressive policies (guantanamo and the patriot act to name but a few).

so what was that you were saying about god fearing men and women?

btw: oppressive policies of liberalism? don't you think that's a contradiction of terms?
Bush is far better than what we have now,Guantanamo is still here and rightfully so,the patriot act as well is still here only more so and and used more to oppress than help, Look at what Liberalism has produced, Detroit slums, NY slums, etc.