1. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 09:311 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There are a couple things wrong. God makes the man responsible and threatens death for disobedience of one specific command. Both the man and women disobey that command after the women is decieved by Satan, one of the leaders of the spirit realm, who speaks to her by possessing the body of a serpent. This disobedience and doing evil is called sin.

God ...[text shortened]... and make new heavens and a new earth and take away all memory of evil from the minds of mankind.
    Wait, wait, wait. So, satan who is god's creation, messes with adam and eve (both of which
    god made gullible enough to buy into satan's temptation), and now we all need to be
    punished as god slowly corrects what was his mistake to begin with; the creation
    of satan?

I see a few plot holes here.

🙄
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 09:35
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    C Hess,
    The man sinned also, not just Eve. The sin nature passes through fathers, not mothers.

As for understanding God, why do you think that you can understand Him who is so far above us in abilities? We don't. But we don't have to understand everything.

The bottom line is that we need God to put us in a safe place. But wherever we are put, we don't get to order God around. We are totally dependent on Him.
    How can you tell if your reply is perfectly vapid? You correct my original post to include
    that both man and woman disobeyed god, and behold the confusion still standing.

I see no objection to my OP here.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 09:49
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Ok, don't get all upset with me now, but I need to clear this up. It's all just a wee bit
    confusing. So, this is what christianity boils down to, right?

God creates the universe. God creates man. God creates woman from man's rib. Woman
    disobeys god. God punish man and woman by inflicting sin upon them. God sacrifices
    himself to himself to give (wo)m ...[text shortened]... ty.

Is it just me, or is this not what you would only expect from a clinically insane person?
    God didn't create sin, but He gave us free will. The choise is our own. It is ingrained in everyone, to know the difference. Exaple, to kill another human. It is one thing to kill from defending yourself, family. Or to be in a war. But it is entirely something else to go out and plan on killing to take something that is not yours to begin with.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 09:53
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Exaple, to kill another human. It is one thing to kill from defending yourself, family.
    But don't non-Christians also know that murder is wrong?
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 10:50
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    God didn't create sin, but He gave us free will.
    To sin is to disobey god's will, right? This god of yours created the first humans with free
    will, but failed to give them the wisdom to refuse satan's lure. I'd say god created sin.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 11:10
    Ok, don't get all upset with me now, but I need to clear this up. It's all just a wee bit

God creates the universe. God creates man. God creates woman from man's rib. Woman
    disobeys god. God punish man and woman by inflicting sin upon them. God sacrifices

Is it just me, or is this not what you would only expect from a clinically insane person?
    I prefer atheist logic.

Matter came from nothing. We don't know why or where or how but it just is so accept it already. Sure, the Big Bang makes it look like it was created but the idea of a God is just crazy. After all, we can't see him or hear him so he must not exist. The only things we accept that we don't see or hear are things that no one has ever questioned us before. Then life sprung from the earth. We don't know where or how or why but it just happened, so again, accept it already. Just because we are unable to observe life being "created" or duplicate it in a lab in no way means our theory about our origins, i.e. abiogenesis, are absurd. We know far too much about what we don't know to be bothered with such a theory.

Lastly, there is the human condition that is wrought with suffering. Sure suffering is "bad", not that bad exists, we just don't like suffering. We are what we are and we should just all accept the suffering and death and deal with it individually as best as we can before we die. Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we will all die, so if that means killing, cheating, lying, to make our individual lives better, than so be it. After all, it is survival of the fittest in this Darwinian world and the strong will crush the weak or use them to achieve our goals in order to make this life as palatable for us as we can before we die. After all, so long as we are never held accountable for our "bad" deeds, all is well with the world. Thanks be to Darwin that there is no God, or I would be in deep poo!! 😵
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 11:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    I prefer atheist logic.

Matter came from nothing. We don't know why or where or how but it just is so accept it already. Sure, the Big Bang makes it look like it was created but the idea of a God is just crazy. After all, we can't see him or hear him so he must not exist. The only things we accept that we don't see or hear are things that no one has ev ...[text shortened]... well with the world. Thanks be to Darwin that there is no God, or I would be in deep poo!! 😵
    Wow... First it should be noted that you are conflating atheists with scientists.

While most scientists are atheists, most atheists are not scientists, and have no
    real clue about most of these complex issues.

Second... I'm trying to see anything in your post that isn't a straw-man or just
    plain wrong.... Still trying... Nope, Can't find anything.

I believe your post has achieved 100% wrongness... Have a gold star.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 12:12
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    C Hess,
    The man sinned also, not just Eve. The sin nature passes through fathers, not mothers.

As for understanding God, why do you think that you can understand Him who is so far above us in abilities? We don't. But we don't have to understand everything.

The bottom line is that we need God to put us in a safe place. But wherever we are put, we don't get to order God around. We are totally dependent on Him.
    Well, we, as it turns out, do have near god like capabilities sometimes, and we use our brains to see through all the stupid hype of religion, for instance, if this so-called god of yours set out a trap with the command about the 'apple', it, being omniscient, would have known the outcome before it ever happened and thus not needing to do the trap in the first place, the same with Ab and his son, with the command to off his own son, your so-called god would have known a billion years ago what the outcome would have been and would never have needed to have it proven to it (this so-called god) that old Ab was on his side.

It just goes to show how much of this so-called god has been injected with human attributes and there was no god in any of these so-called religions.

I am a jealous god? Come on, give me a break, a GOD would say that?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 12:342 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Wow... First it should be noted that you are conflating atheists with scientists.

While most scientists are atheists, most atheists are not scientists, and have no
    real clue about most of these complex issues.

Second... I'm trying to see anything in your post that isn't a straw-man or just
    plain wrong.... Still trying... Nope, Can't find anything.

I believe your post has achieved 100% wrongness... Have a gold star.
    Nonsense. Everyone has to come to a conclusion about our origins. Every atheist on this site seems to identify with science in some way as to how the Bible must be wrong.

What exactly is wrong with what I said? It helps to point out specifics ya know rather than just saying you suck.

I actaully would like to add to my original rant. For it seems that the ancients are often frowned upon as "ignorant" and less evolved than we today. Then again, we have cell phones and they didn't, so to hell with the pyramids and ancient knowledge and wisdom I suppose. After all, look at the world and see just how far we have come. Instead of using swords to kill we use drones. It's much more civilized, don't you think? It's almost like playing a video game.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 12:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    Nonsense. Everyone has to come to a conclusion about our origins. Every atheist on this site seems to identify with science in some way as to how the Bible must be wrong.

What exactly is wrong with what I said? It helps to point out specifics ya know rather than just saying you suck.
    Well as pretty much EVERYTHING you said was wrong it's hard to know quite
    where to start.

Also... No everyone does not have to come to a conclusion about our origins.
    Ignoring for a moment the significant number who just don't care...

Coming to a CONCLUSION about where we came from rationally requires that
    we have evidence sufficient to answer that question.
    If we have not yet gathered sufficient evidence, or gained enough knowledge
    to understand that evidence, then we may very well not know what the
    answer is. We therefore cannot come to a conclusion about what the answer
    is and must simply say that we don't know.

Not knowing the answer to a question is fine as long as you are still trying
    to find out.

You don't just make up an answer to try to cover up the fact that you don't know.

And science can indeed, and does, prove that the bible is wrong on many counts.
    This does not, as I have just explained in another thread, in any way necessitate
    that science knows precisely what the right answer is.

Your biggest mistake in your post, apart from misrepresenting WHAT science does
    say... Is in making out that science, or scientists, claim to have the right answer
    and have stopped there. Most of the areas you bring up are subject to active
    research and investigation. We are still actively looking for the right answer.

You have given up, and made an answer up to try to hide that fact.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, we, as it turns out, do have near god like capabilities sometimes, and we use our brains to see through all the stupid hype of religion, for instance, if this so-called god of yours set out a trap with the command about the 'apple', it, being omniscient, would have known the outcome before it ever happened and thus not needing to do the trap in the fi ...[text shortened]... hese so-called religions.

I am a jealous god? Come on, give me a break, a GOD would say that?
    Maybe God is not omniscient in the way you and some others think. It seems clear that God did not know if Abraham would go through with the sacrifice of Issac until he almost did it. So God being omniscient does not include infinite foreknowledge of everything.
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 13:18
    To sin is to disobey god's will, right? This god of yours created the first humans with free
    will, but failed to give them the wisdom to refuse satan's lure. I'd say god created sin.
    God had given instruction, A&E chose to do something different. A&E used their freewill to go against what was instructed for their own good, and suffered the consequence.

I'd say god created sin

Your wrong.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 13:20
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    God had given instruction, A&E chose to do something different. A&E used their freewill to go against what was instructed for their own good, and suffered the consequence.

I'd say god created sin

Your wrong.
    Would you like to provide a logical argument to substantiate that position
    or do you just expect us to take it on your word?
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 13:33
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Would you like to provide a logical argument to substantiate that position
    or do you just expect us to take it on your word?
    You can find it in Genesis.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 13:351 edit

No, it's not just you. There are plenty of people around who also think that it's all about them.

😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree