1. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 05:48
    Ok, don't get all upset with me now, but I need to clear this up. It's all just a wee bit
    confusing. So, this is what christianity boils down to, right?

God creates the universe. God creates man. God creates woman from man's rib. Woman
    disobeys god. God punish man and woman by inflicting sin upon them. God sacrifices
    himself to himself to give (wo)men a means of forgiveness from god. Some (wo)men still
    disobeys, or flat out don't believe in god. God punish these people for all eternity.

Is it just me, or is this not what you would only expect from a clinically insane person?
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 05:56
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Ok, don't get all upset with me now, but I need to clear this up. It's all just a wee bit

God creates the universe. God creates man. God creates woman from man's rib. Woman
    disobeys god. God punish man and woman by inflicting sin upon them. God sacrifices
    himself to himself to give (wo)m ...[text shortened]... ty.

Is it just me, or is this not what you would only expect from a clinically insane person?
    Yes. That is the nature of religion.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 06:21
    I think it's what one might expect from people ~ starting in the Iron Age ~ who were imagining a supernatural world and tying it into their culture and social order. I see no evidence that God has revealed Himself to Christians.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 07:032 edits

There are a couple things wrong. God makes the man responsible and threatens death for disobedience of one specific command. Both the man and women disobey that command after the women is decieved by Satan, one of the leaders of the spirit realm, who speaks to her by possessing the body of a serpent. This disobedience and doing evil is called sin.

God punishes the man and women by making each of their lives physically more difficult and makes plans for a more severe punishment for Satan. Also since man and women now know evil and are inflicted with a sin nature by their actions, they can no longer be trusted to do good rather than evil in taking care of God's other creations on the earth. So God makes a plan to correct everything.

Part of God's corrective plan includes Him having a Son born from a virgin woman so He can die as a sinless man to take away the sin nature of man from all that will repent of their sins and believe on the Son of God. Speaking through the Son, God threatens man with the same punishment that He has planned for Satan, if man does not repent and place his trust in His Son.

Another part of God's plan is to cleanse the earth with fire and make new heavens and a new earth and take away all memory of evil from the minds of mankind.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 07:191 edit
    C Hess,
    The man sinned also, not just Eve. The sin nature passes through fathers, not mothers.

As for understanding God, why do you think that you can understand Him who is so far above us in abilities? We don't. But we don't have to understand everything.

The bottom line is that we need God to put us in a safe place. But wherever we are put, we don't get to order God around. We are totally dependent on Him.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 07:42
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    C Hess,
    The man sinned also, not just Eve. The sin nature passes through fathers, not mothers.

As for understanding God, why do you think that you can understand Him who is so far above us in abilities? We don't. But we don't have to understand everything.

The bottom line is that we need God to put us in a safe place. But wherever we are put, we don't get to order God around. We are totally dependent on Him.
    "The man sinned also, not just Eve. The sin nature passes through fathers, not mothers."
    I would say fathers *and* mothers.

"As for understanding God, why do you think that you can understand Him who is so far above us in abilities? We don't."
    Right. We don't understand anything about the christian god, nothing, nada, zilch. What ever we think we know is written by men thinking they know. but they doesn't know either. Noone knows. We don't even if he exists or not. All we have to rely on is words written in a black book, translated in a series that makes the original totally different from what we know. We should all know too that the bible is written in another time, another culture, and by people having an agenda.

"The bottom line is that we need God to put us in a safe place. ... We are totally dependent on Him."
    No, we don't need any supernatural being. We are not dependent of him. If so, then we could easily stop any progress of environment, because god-will-fix-it-anyway.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 08:01
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    We don't. But we don't have to understand everything.

that attitude would still have mankind herding goats..
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 08:02
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If so, then we could easily stop any progress of environment, because god-will-fix-it-anyway.
    You got the part on the environment right. It can not be fixed by man. Working on global warming, climate control, and the like is useless nonsense.
  9. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 08:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You got the part on the environment right. It can not be fixed by man. Working on global warming, climate control, and the like is useless nonsense.
    Read the post above yours. It applies equally to your post.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 08:36
    Read the post above yours. It applies equally to your post.
    I would be more interested in herding cattle and sheep.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 08:41
    You mean that mankind and civilization as we know it will cease to exist, because we cannot do anything about it? Or do you rely on god that he will fix it all in due time?

No genius will think in such a moron ways.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 08:44
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You mean that mankind and civilization as we know it will cease to exist, because we cannot do anything about it? Or do you rely on god that he will fix it all in due time?

No genius will think in such a moron ways.
    I certainly would not rely on numbnuts like you to fix anything.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 08:50
    I certainly would not rely on numbnuts like you to fix anything.
    I am not god, I cannot fix the global environment.
    You cannot, and you will not, because you will rather be herding cattle and sheep.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 09:233 edits

Actually my friend this appears to me to be not absolutely accurate.

God creates the universe. God creates the animal kingdom and mankind. God gives man dominion over the earth, endows him with free will and a sense of justice. Man lives in paradisiac conditions, with perfect health. Man seeks moral independence from God, establishes his own morality. Sin and imperfection enter the world. People start to die. God sends an emissary on his behalf so that people realise that sin (imperfection) has no lasting hold, a perfect man, Jesus Christ. All persons putting faith on Jesus have the prospect of living in a paradise. God promises to remove those who are causing harm to the earth. God promises that the earth will once more be a paradise. Sin and imperfection will end. Perfection once more ensues and people will live forever on a paradise earth as God purposed in the beginning enjoying all their potential.

This appears to me to be in essence the message of Christianity. All the Jesus is God stuff and burning in hell fire for eternity are extra biblical and essentially of pagan origin.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 09:25

Or more succinctly.

'Believe or die'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree