What christianity boils down to

What christianity boils down to

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Apr 14
2 edits

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by sonship
Well said.

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
This is like trying to calculate an algebra problem with too many unknowns. Just assumming one or more of the unknowns doesn't work too good.
What are the unknowns?

Moves
27 Apr 14

This is like trying to calculate an algebra problem with too many unknowns. Just assumming one or more of the unknowns doesn't work too good.
What are the unknowns, dammit!?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by C Hess
What are the unknowns, dammit!?
How should I know? They are unknown. The initial condition of rock is unknown.

Moves
27 Apr 14
1 edit

How should I know? They are unknown. The initial condition of rock is unknown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmjzE9wHBUU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb8uiOD01sU
Until someone shows me a molten rock holding gaseous daughter elements in (gaseous
being the key word), and a cooled rock releasing daughter elements, I think it's safe to
assume that these things never happens.

As for the decay rate, it's the result of the atom nucleus being too heavy for the weak
nuclear force to hold it together. For a six thousand year old sample to appear as billions of
years old the weak force would have to have been so much weaker than today that all
elements would start to decay in rapid succession, in essence behaving like a massive
bomb, blowing all of creation into oblivion. Well, we're still here, so I'm inclined to yet again
make an assumption.

In other words, your too many two unknowns are not exactly unreasonable assumptions.
Claiming the opposite however, is just down right silly.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 14
1 edit

Until someone shows me a molten rock holding gaseous daughter elements in (gaseous
being the key word), and a cooled rock releasing daughter elements, I think it's safe to
assume that these things never happens.

As for the decay rate, it's the result of the atom nucleus being too heavy for the weak
nuclear force to hold it together. For a six thousan ...[text shortened]... not exactly unreasonable assumptions.
Claiming the opposite however, is just down right silly.
You know I can't do that. However, here is a video from a geologist that gives eyewitness testimony.

Radioisotope Dating of Rocks part 1

Moves
27 Apr 14

You know I can't do that. However, here is a video from a geologist that gives eyewitness testimony.
Eyewitness to what exactly? Creation going bye-bye, gases not behaving like
gases or rocks releasing daughter elements? I'm not gonna sit through thirty
minutes of creationist geology class, if it's something I can refute from the top
of my head.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 14

Eyewitness to what exactly? Creation going bye-bye, gases not behaving like
gases or rocks releasing daughter elements? I'm not gonna sit through thirty
minutes of creationist geology class, if it's something I can refute from the top
of my head.
Here is the 2nd part in which he shows the charts (Not from creationists) in the scientific literature that shows violations in the 2nd and 3rd assumptions. So he just proves that the dating problem is well known among non-creationists as well.

K

Moves
29 Apr 14
1 edit

C Hess,
It should not take a lifetime to learn Greek in the New Testament when it relates to Christ and Apostles telling humans how to be saved.

Whatever the case, I care that you have eternal life.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 May 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
C Hess,
It should not take a lifetime to learn Greek in the New Testament when it relates to Christ and Apostles telling humans how to be saved.

Whatever the case, I care that you have eternal life.
For some reason I believe C Hess only cares about trying to destroy our faith in Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 May 14
1 edit

Well said.
And furthermore ...

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 May 14

There are a couple things wrong. God makes the man responsible and threatens death for disobedience of one specific command. Both the man and women disobey that command after the women is decieved by Satan, one of the leaders of the spirit realm, who speaks to her by possessing the body of a serpent. This disobedience and doing evil is called sin.

God ...[text shortened]... and make new heavens and a new earth and take away all memory of evil from the minds of mankind.
Disobedience, disobedience, disobedience.

Disobedience is the privilege of the Free.

Religions across the globe started with superstitious spirit worship but became means for the ruling class to maintain control. It's man-made.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 May 14
1 edit

F

Moves
09 May 14

For some reason I believe C Hess only cares about trying to destroy our faith in Christ.
If he succeed, then the faith of yours is not much anyway.
So why be so scared about it?

Is your faith so fragile?