1. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 19:16
    Originally posted by sonship
    Now please don't get upset with me, but astronomy really just boils down to this, Right?

[b]"Twinkle, twinkle little star.
    How I wonder what you are."

I mean, when you get past all the volumes of confusing stuff, isn't this what astronomy really boils down to ?[/b]
    I have a sneaky suspicion you're not an astronomer. 😵
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 20:40
    Originally posted by sonship
    Now please don't get upset with me, but astronomy really just boils down to this, Right?

[b]"Twinkle, twinkle little star.
    How I wonder what you are."

I mean, when you get past all the volumes of confusing stuff, isn't this what astronomy really boils down to ?[/b]
    Yes, if we leave the Creator God out of astronomy.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 20:441 edit
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Uuh, yeah, I don't think I've ever heard it described this way. So, there's no hell, jesus is not
    god (basically trinity is a bust), adam and eve perfectly understood what would be the
    consequences of their action (or they really can't be held accountable for the fall), you will
    not spend eternity in some other realm with god, but as an immortal here on ...[text shortened]... the bible: adam and eve knew what they were doing, no hell, no trinity, no
    afterlife paradise?
    That is probably what Satan told Eve through the serpent. It just was not recorded exactly like that.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 20:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is probably what Satan told Eve through the serpent. It just was not recorded exactly like that.
    Tell me this: Why, when the bible was first written, it was because of dictation from your god. So why don't we get these kind of fundamental tid bits now? All we see after that is your jealous god killing all kinds of people and all the land animals on Earth and such but no fundamental stuff like how the universe started or what is quantum mechanics all about or how can we combine relativity with quantum mechanics. Why don't we get THAT kind of word from your so-called god?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    So, is god incompetent?
    If we declare our Creator God incompetent, then that would make us too incompetent to know wouldn't it?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    If we declare our Creator God incompetent, then that would make us too incompetent to know wouldn't it?
    No, it would just point out the road to our own intellectual freedom, freedom from mythology.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 20:55
    {sigh}

If god created adam and eve, gave them free will (knowing full well that free will entails the
    possibility of disobedience), and decided that disobedience is a horrible thing to be
    punished, calling it sin, then he did in fact create the concept of sin, and the sinful nature
    of mankind to go with it. If your god exists, and you represented him ...[text shortened]... less trite, with
    glimpses of joy sprinkled on top.

I don't see how you can get around that.
    That is because you only read about the beginning, as you have pointed out. Only a numbnuts judges a book by the cover.
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 21:03
    That is because you only read about the beginning, as you have pointed out. Only a numbnuts judges a book by the cover.
    In your view, is the god of the bible the creator of everything?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 01:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Tell me this: Why, when the bible was first written, it was because of dictation from your god. So why don't we get these kind of fundamental tid bits now? All we see after that is your jealous god killing all kinds of people and all the land animals on Earth and such but no fundamental stuff like how the universe started or what is quantum mechanics all ab ...[text shortened]... e relativity with quantum mechanics. Why don't we get THAT kind of word from your so-called god?
    Because it would make a mockery of faith and free will. There would be no reason for faith if we are just given a cheat sheet. We're here to learn the right answers, we're not here just to make sure we just tick off the right boxes on the survey. We have to do our own work.
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 01:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    But don't non-Christians also know that murder is wrong?
    Yes, moral code is within our conscience. It is a mater of freewill to follow it or not
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 01:52
    To sin is to disobey god's will, right? This god of yours created the first humans with free
    will, but failed to give them the wisdom to refuse satan's lure. I'd say god created sin.
    Technically, i can agree with you. God created man, man sinned, God created sin.

The strange thing about God's creation is the fact He gave it a free will. The ability to choose its own destiny. An example of this strangeness of God's thinking is in the scripture. Jesus talking to Peter about His church. "what you bind on earth will be bound in heaven and what you loose on earth will be loose in heaven."

Strange words if you consider Jesus as God. Basically what He is doing would be 'like the jailer giving the keys to the prisoners' . Or the Creator allowing the createe to make the rules.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 05:26
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Tell me this: Why, when the bible was first written, it was because of dictation from your god. So why don't we get these kind of fundamental tid bits now? All we see after that is your jealous god killing all kinds of people and all the land animals on Earth and such but no fundamental stuff like how the universe started or what is quantum mechanics all ab ...[text shortened]... e relativity with quantum mechanics. Why don't we get THAT kind of word from your so-called god?
    It is not good for the wicked heart of man to be given all such knowledge.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 05:35
    In your view, is the god of the bible the creator of everything?
    It depends on what you mean by everything. You atheists often distort meanings to fit your current agenda. An example is evolution.
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 07:121 edit
    It depends on what you mean by everything. You atheists often distort meanings to fit your current agenda.
    Really now, everything literally only means: every thing.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 07:182 edits
    Really now, everything literally only means: every thing.
    dude you any relationship to Rudolph Hess 😛

He flew to Scotland and crashed his aeroplane in a field, asked the farmer for water. Was quiet polite.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree