What christianity boils down to

What christianity boils down to

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
C Hess,
Will you just go ahead and tell us what you believe in the bible and about the God of the bible. Don't joke around. Tell us like you really think. However, you can add a respect for God into your declarations so that you don't bring on judgement to yourself for disrespect of God.
Seriously? After all the comments I've made these past few weeks or so, you think I believe in the god of the bible? Well, I don't.

K

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by C Hess
Seriously? After all the comments I've made these past few weeks or so, you think I believe in the god of the bible? Well, I don't.
C Hess,
If you don't believe anything of the God of the bible, why is that? What is behind your not wanting to believe in the God of the bible?

Do you believe there is a Creator?

K

Moves
25 Apr 14
3 edits

C Hess Typed
-----------------
Before I sit down and honestly read the bible (with commentaries) how do I know I've got
the right ones? In fact, how do you know you've got the right interpretations? Seems to
me that you christians can't even agree amongst yourselves as to what is meant by this or
that biblical story.
--------------------

C Hess and All Others,
Find the earliest writings that you can from the people who lived the earliest to the existence of Christ And Who put faith in Christ for salvation and lived as He taught. But don't add to the writings as Catholics or Jehovah's Witnesses. Pay attention to writings about eternal life and what things are not forgiven from God. You must be right about eternal life and forgiveness by God. Being wrong on other spiritual matters will not put you away from God for eternity.

Moves
25 Apr 14

C Hess,
If you don't believe anything of the God of the bible, why is that? What is behind your not wanting to believe in the God of the bible?

Do you believe there is a Creator?
Why don't you believe in Allah? For the same reason I don't believe in anything supernatural.

Moves
25 Apr 14

C Hess Typed
-----------------
Before I sit down and honestly read the bible (with commentaries) how do I know I've got
the right ones? In fact, how do you know you've got the right interpretations? Seems to
me that you christians can't even agree amongst yourselves as to what is meant by this or
that biblical story.
--------------------

C Hess ...[text shortened]... ess by God. Being wrong on other spiritual matters will not put you away from God for eternity.
So now I have to learn hebrew and greek? It's a bust then, since my talent for learning
foreign languages is surprisingly non-existent. It took my entire life to master english to
this point, and english is similar to swedish in many ways.

Wait. You're saying that king james', which a vast of majority use as their biblical source
is not entirely true to the original texts?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Apr 14

😲 Oh no, you're on to me! 😵

How can I be serious about something that doesn't make any sense?
Do you know what a Geiger Counter is ?

If so explain a little to me about it.

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by sonship

You'll have to go to school like everyone else. Or use google. Why?

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by sonship

A Geiger Counter is a very simple device.

Basically the detector consists of an air gap between two metal plates which
have a large voltage put across them.

When ionising radiation hits air molecules inside the detector it knocks off
electrons to create positive and negative charged particles.

These charged particles are attracted to opposite electric plates and create a
tiny current.

This current is detected and the electronics emits an a click and/or the meter
records the hit.

The number of hits per second gives the local ionising radiation level.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by googlefudge
A Geiger Counter is a very simple device.

Basically the detector consists of an air gap between two metal plates which
have a large voltage put across them.

When ionising radiation hits air molecules inside the detector it knocks off
electrons to create positive and negative charged particles.

These charged particles are attracted to opposit ...[text shortened]... er
records the hit.

The number of hits per second gives the local ionising radiation level.
Doesn't it also have something to do with how evolutionists claim they know how old a rock is?

Moves
26 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Doesn't it also have something to do with how [scientists] claim they know how old a rock is?
Mass spectrometry, is what you're looking for there.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Apr 14

Mass spectrometry, is what you're looking for there.
Yeah, that is it. It was designed to determine what the rock was made by the mass of its particles as I understand. However, it was taken beyond its abilities by trying to estimate the age of rocks with it. Which obviously can't be done wit it.

Moves
26 Apr 14

However, it was taken beyond its abilities by trying to estimate the age of rocks with it. Which obviously can't be done wit it.
The only thing mass spectrometry is used for is measuring the abundance of specific
isotopes and their known decay products. The age of the sample is then easily calculated
mathematically using the fact that we know the decay rates of said isotopes.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Apr 14

The only thing mass spectrometry is used for is measuring the abundance of specific
isotopes and their known decay products. The age of the sample is then easily calculated
mathematically using the fact that we know the decay rates of said isotopes.
This is like trying to calculate an algebra problem with too many unknowns. Just assumming one or more of the unknowns doesn't work too good.

Moves
26 Apr 14

This is like trying to calculate an algebra problem with too many unknowns. Just assumming one or more of the unknowns doesn't work too good.
What are the unknowns?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Apr 14
3 edits

What are the unknowns?
RJHinds,

Just saw through 95% of great debate.
Maybe its the debate of the week.
Check it out.