1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:42
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Of course, my treat, let's get stoned (aged) while disagreeing! 🙂
    Ah Fabian! You impress me. You know when to get serious and when to take it easy.
    Simply put, you seem to stay on the fine line of sensisiblity(imo).
    I dont need to agree with you, but I do like someone who can get into the spirit of things.
    If you ever come to Australia, you are unconditionally welcome at my place.

And I remember your chess tips for me. They have been very helpful indeed. Cheers🙂
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Forget Dawkins for just a sec.
    What do you think? Is there a purpose behind evolution?

I believe that in the last few thousand years that homosapians have only evolved their brain size. Why is that so?
    I believe there is an intelligent purpose to our enlargening of our brains. Our brains being the instruments of intelligence and not the origonator ...[text shortened]... me your take on it? If we agree then I would have a furthur question or two for you. Thanks PK🙂
    Actually cranium size has decreased on average over the last 200,000yrs.

Neanderthals, who are considered our somewhat less advanced cousins, actually had bigger brains than we do now. So the correllation that you are hinting at doesn't stack up with the evidence.

My thoughts on evolution are irrelevant, it is what it is, what i believe doesn't change that.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:51
    Ah Fabian! You impress me. You know when to get serious and when to take it easy.
    Simply put, you seem to stay on the fine line of sensisiblity(imo).
    I dont need to agree with you, but I do like someone who can get into the spirit of things.
    If you ever come to Australia, you are unconditionally welcome at my place.

And I remember your chess tips for me. They have been very helpful indeed. Cheers🙂
    Skip Heinecken, I want to try your local breweries!

It's not important to agree on every little detail. What is important, mate, is to understand eachothers point of view.

But there are so many, everywhere, not least here one RHP, who says "I'm right, and the rest of you can go to hell." By the letter. "Doesn't mind if we are so few, a small minority, of us thinking like me - We are the only rightous anyway."

I always respect everyone respecting my views. And I love to have the respect from those disagreeing me.

We can have a wonderful and interesting debate under the stars, until your local brew takes its share of us. 😵
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:56
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Actually cranium size has decreased on average over the last 200,000yrs.

Neanderthals, who are considered our somewhat less advanced cousins, actually had bigger brains than we do now. So the correllation that you are hinting at doesn't stack up with the evidence.

My thoughts on evolution are irrelevant, it is what it is, what i believe doesn't change that.
    Ok. I have been grossly misinformed (about brain size) according to you. Any links?

Your thoughts on evolution are very important. It has been established that we build neural connections by what we think. We shape our species for generations to come. Or do you think that what we think is irrelevant? (I know you said that it is irrelelevant, but I would like to think that what Proper Knob thinks has a bearing on future generations)

(Remember Monkey:with our thoughts we create the world)
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 14:03
    Skip Heinecken, I want to try your local breweries!

It's not important to agree on every little detail. What is important, mate, is to understand eachothers point of view.

But there are so many, everywhere, not least here one RHP, who says "I'm right, and the rest of you can go to hell." By the letter. "Doesn't mind if we are so few, a small minorit ...[text shortened]... l and interesting debate under the stars, until your local brew takes its share of us. 😵
    You never know,Fabian-you may win a trip to Brisbane and I will pick you up at the airport and we will have a ball😵

I definately do not think I am right all the time. I'm a story-teller, and if you dont like my stories, it doesn't matter. I will tell another one.

When it comes to spiritual matters I have a saying:"I am serious about being not serious".
    Whenever someone gets too serious about subjects such as God, I just get turned off. Its always important to keep an open , flexible mind. If God was as serious as some of these theists make out, would we not be burning in hell by now?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 14:08
    You never know,Fabian-you may win a trip to Brisbane and I will pick you up at the airport and we will have a ball😵

I definately do not think I am right all the time. I'm a story-teller, and if you dont like my stories, it doesn't matter. I will tell another one.

When it comes to spiritual matters I have a saying:"I am serious about being not se ...[text shortened]... od was as serious as some of these theists make out, would we not be burning in hell by now?
    God showed his good sense of humour when he created the fundamentalists. They make me laugh too.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 14:09
    Ok. I have been grossly misinformed (about brain size) according to you. Any links?

Your thoughts on evolution are very important. It has been established that we build neural connections by what we think. We shape our species for generations to come. Or do you think that what we think is irrelevant? (I know you said that it is irrelelevant, but I wo ...[text shortened]... has a bearing on future generations)

(Remember Monkey:with our thoughts we create the world)
    The peopling of the world by Stephen Oppenheimer has a big chapter on brain capacity and lots of links to scientific papers, unfortunately i don't have the book with me here to dig out some references. But if you Google, Neanderthal brain size, there are plenty of links.

My knowledge on brains is negligible, i haven't read much literature on the subject, and the scientific community as a whole doesn't know too much about it. The workings of the brain are still surrounded in mystery, at the moment.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 14:17
    God showed his good sense of humour when he created the fundamentalists. They make me laugh too.
    Oh gosh! What does God want? Less fundamentalists-thats for sure.
    When the world cant agree on how to go about religon/spirituality, the last thing you want is someone sticking to their views like their life depended on it.
    If you are sticking to your convictions, thats ok. You dont need to say anything. But when you stick with fundamentalists views, they rub most others up the wrong way...
    I do believe that there are some out there who know about "God", but "those that know do not speak"...Well they dont speak crap anyway.

There are always exceptions to the rule but I just think that a wise person will consider ALL the consequences of their speech and actions and not "just shoot from the hip", only to be shown to be short-sighted in their views.

Also I believe that only those with direct experience can talk in any meaningful way about God/Spirituality. We should always remain humble, (spiritual)truth can come from the most unlikely places.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 14:27
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The peopling of the world by Stephen Oppenheimer has a big chapter on brain capacity and lots of links to scientific papers, unfortunately i don't have the book with me here to dig out some references. But if you Google, Neanderthal brain size, there are plenty of links.

My knowledge on brains is negligible, i haven't read much literature on th ...[text shortened]... too much about it. The workings of the brain are still surrounded in mystery, at the moment.
    Ok. What is mysterious for the scientific community has some interesting conclusions for my way of thinking.

You know the Zen parable?: First there are mountains and rivers, on the way to enlightenment mountains are no longer mountains and rivers are no longer rivers, after enlightenment mountains are mountains again and rivers are rivers again.
    This is a parable for a personal journey, however it is my contention,(with the advent of quantum and such), that this journey is now being undertaken on a (mass) collective scale. The implications of which I dare not try to foretell.
    Do you think the scientific community is at a stage where "mounatains are no longer mountains and rivers no longer rivers"?
    Can you recognize any patterns in human history and geneology, or is it just coincidence that all these factors to form intelligent life have come together in such a (relatively) harmonious way?
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 02:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't think I want to understand it. You, who claims to understand it, doesn't seem to be able to explain it.

So why don't you want to answer the question? Why don't you dismiss Chemistry as goobly gook, when the same logic should apply to it as you applied to the Theory of Evolution?
    to TwhiteHead

I said a few years. but now iam thinking a lot longer. vishva
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 08:02
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to TwhiteHead

I said a few years. but now iam thinking a lot longer. vishva
    I know you would love for all your critics to just leave the forum for a few years. But I can assure you that being criticized is good for you. If you cant stand the criticism then there is something wrong with your arguments. Its nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to me too.
    You probably haven't noticed this but most other people have simply chosen to ignore you. If thats what you would prefer, then whats the point of posting here?
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 08:26
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I know you would love for all your critics to just leave the forum for a few years. But I can assure you that being criticized is good for you. If you cant stand the criticism then there is something wrong with your arguments. Its nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to me too.
    You probably haven't noticed this but most other people have simply chosen to ignore you. If thats what you would prefer, then whats the point of posting here?
    To TwhiteHead

Now iam thinking in your next life. (keep talking)
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 13:30
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    To TwhiteHead

Now iam thinking in your next life. (keep talking)
    You want me to leave until my next life, but you want me to keep talking? Which is it?
  14. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 21:47
    Originally posted by duecer
    *shakes head--covers face with palm slap*

okay, first let me say...WOW. Evolution is indeed a science, and as such is dispassionate, and has no agenda other than arriving at the truth using the scientific method. Science is not envious of God, they simply never consider God as part of the equation.

secondly. just because evolution is a real possibility, ...[text shortened]... opinion, but just remember opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one....and they all stink
    what? no reply? pathetic
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 22:19
    Originally posted by duecer
    what? no reply? pathetic
    It didn't need a reply. Lest you want my stinky opinion😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree