1. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 09:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Dont know about intelligence, but nothing can exist without conciousness, a divine gift bestowed on us puny humans, the true nature of which eludes us on a daily basis.
    But does this mean that the workings of an atom are not as believed by physicists, but instead controlled by a consciousness? Or does physics still fit within your framework?
    What about the Theory of Evolution?
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 11:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Exactly. So am I right that according to you, Physics and Chemistry are just as much goobly gook as the Theory of Evolution? Surely you would have the same objections to them all?
    to Twhitehead

No, chemistry is not goobly gook, it has its place in science, because without chemistry we would not have all the gadgets and gizmo,s that we have, as well as medecine.

Everything is made of energy, and the spiritual intelligence, by its causative principle, instructs each and every atom to behave in different complex ways, to produce the multitude of different elements, compounds, chemicals and combinations of cellular structures.

vishva
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 11:50
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to duecer

Evolution is not a science it is a faith and belief, blindly accepted by fools, who were brainwashed as kids in school.

Evolution is accepted by the less intelligent class of person, who is envious of god, and has not the capacity to perceive, that ones life is only possible by the existence of a spiritual being.

vishva
    *shakes head--covers face with palm slap*

okay, first let me say...WOW. Evolution is indeed a science, and as such is dispassionate, and has no agenda other than arriving at the truth using the scientific method. Science is not envious of God, they simply never consider God as part of the equation.

secondly. just because evolution is a real possibility, does not preclude the idea that God created all matter and energy,and set into motion the foundations of all existance. Evolutionary research, along with astro-physics and other natural sciences may someday actually prove that God does exist, and show how Xe did it.

third...you are not nearly as wise or well educated as you think you are. Its okay to have an opinion, but just remember opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one....and they all stink
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 11:59
    to Twhitehead

No, chemistry is not goobly gook, it has its place in science, because without chemistry we would not have all the gadgets and gizmo,s that we have, as well as medecine.

Everything is made of energy, and the spiritual intelligence, by its causative principle, instructs each and every atom to behave in different complex ways, to produce ...[text shortened]... e of different elements, compounds, chemicals and combinations of cellular structures.

vishva
    First you say Chemistry is not goobly gook, then you make a claim that is clearly in contradiction to Chemistry.
    When it came to the Theory of Evolution you assured us that unless it recognized the 'causative principles' it must be gooble gook.
    Why does this not apply to Chemistry too? I can assure you that chemistry does not recognize such principles.
  5. weedhopper
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 22:16
    God doessn't "want" anything. "He's" not that desperate🙂
    I agree---except I do recall reading that God doesn't wish that anyone should perish (in the going to hell forever sense of perishing), so I think it could be said that God "wants" all to come to Him and be saved. As for "wants" in a human sense, I agree with you---He wants for nothing. And as the song says, "what God wants, God gets."
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 23:091 edit
    But does this mean that the workings of an atom are not as believed by physicists, but instead controlled by a consciousness? Or does physics still fit within your framework?
    What about the Theory of Evolution?
    I did not say atoms are controlled by conciousness, but while we're here,sure, why not? Although I'm sure it would take a lot of hard work to get to that level of reality.(Are you saying physics says that atoms are random? Is that the gist?)

My framework is "evolving",(changing albeit subtly mostly). I wouldn't like to have the rug pulled out from under my feet yet. Although I 'feel' its inevitable and so I prepare. Prepare,prepare,prepare.

In my mind the Theory of Evolution, God and even parts of the bible are seen as mutually inclusive. I dont have a problem with the Theory of Evolution. I do however have a problem with the fact that scientists see it as random. Is that correct?
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 10:48
    I did not say atoms are controlled by conciousness, but while we're here,sure, why not? Although I'm sure it would take a lot of hard work to get to that level of reality.(Are you saying physics says that atoms are random? Is that the gist?)

My framework is "evolving",(changing albeit subtly mostly). I wouldn't like to have the rug pulled out from un ...[text shortened]... o however have a problem with the fact that scientists see it as random. Is that correct?
    No it's not random. Richard Dawkins summed it up best as -

The non-random selection of random variants.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 11:46
    First you say Chemistry is not goobly gook, then you make a claim that is clearly in contradiction to Chemistry.
    When it came to the Theory of Evolution you assured us that unless it recognized the 'causative principles' it must be gooble gook.
    Why does this not apply to Chemistry too? I can assure you that chemistry does not recognize such principles.
    to TwhiteHead

Without insight, you will never understand that the spiritual causative principle is behind the existance of everthing.

So i suggest you go away, get some insight, and come back to this forum in a few years.

vishva
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 11:52
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    No it's not random. Richard Dawkins summed it up best as -

The non-random selection of random variants.
    Forget Dawkins for just a sec.
    What do you think? Is there a purpose behind evolution?

I believe that in the last few thousand years that homosapians have only evolved their brain size. Why is that so?
    I believe there is an intelligent purpose to our enlargening of our brains. Our brains being the instruments of intelligence and not the origonator of intelligence.

If we disagree on that last point then could you please tell me your take on it? If we agree then I would have a furthur question or two for you. Thanks PK🙂
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 11:55
    to TwhiteHead

Without insight, you will never understand that the spiritual causative principle is behind the existance of everthing.

So i suggest you go away, get some insight, and come back to this forum in a few years.

vishva
    Hey, it may only take him a couple of weeks. Spiritual evolution is coming on exponentially, like the population of the planet. Is God hedging "His" bets on our current generation ?
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 12:02
    I believe that in the last few thousand years that homosapians have only evolved their brain size. Why is that so?
    I don't think so. Our brain has been more or less the same for several tens of thousands of years.
    If you take a stone age baby from a stone age village and put him in a normal class in our time (We have first to invent a time maschine, of course.) we wouldn't notice any difference. He can very well become a rocket physicist as any other child.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 12:06
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I don't think so. Our brain has been more or less the same for several tens of thousands of years.
    If you take a stone age baby from a stone age village and put him in a normal class in our time (We have first to invent a time maschine, of course.) we wouldn't notice any difference. He can very well become a rocket physicist as any other child.
    Ok. I disagree. But I am open to be corrected🙂
    (And when we meet for a beer , its your shout)
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:26
    Ok. I disagree. But I am open to be corrected🙂
    (And when we meet for a beer , its your shout)
    Of course, my treat, let's get stoned (aged) while disagreeing! 🙂
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:37

I don't think I want to understand it. You, who claims to understand it, doesn't seem to be able to explain it.

So why don't you want to answer the question? Why don't you dismiss Chemistry as goobly gook, when the same logic should apply to it as you applied to the Theory of Evolution?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:381 edit
    I am not aware of any evidence of brain size increase over at least the last 50,000 years. That is about the time when the current worlds population last had a common ancestor.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree