1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 09:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    In fact, he merely sought to bring terrible acts of persecution to the
    forums attention, perpetrated by Muslims on a christian minority, it happens.
    In fact, he sought to extrapolate from some criminal cases and apply it to all Muslims. Didn't you read the OP on his thread? He went much further than just bringing "terrible acts" to the forums attention. It's an odd thing for you to claim. If you didn't actually read the OP [because if you did, you are misrepresenting it] are you sure you are in a position to comment on its content?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 10:11
    Unbelievable, Christians must suffer all manner of insults against their God
    This is interesting. So you own God? When I insult your God you suffer? If I insult your God, does every Christian suffer or only those in your denomination? Must one be a believer in order to suffer as a result of your God being insulted?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 11:15
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Comparing a fictional God to a despot can hardly be called 'hate speech'. If i made a claim that 'Zeus or Isiris was akin to Hilter' would you term that hate speech? I don't think so.

The claim that Dasa made which i thought broke the ToS, was that [b]ALL
    Muslims were child rapists and paedophiles.[/b]
    When sunhouse compared me to Hitler, did you think that broke the ToS?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 11:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have no idea, i haven't read it.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 11:49
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I have no idea, i haven't read it.
    Well, I guess it is too late now. It appears to be gone.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 11:53
    Well, I guess it is too late now. It appears to be gone.
    Well next time if there is something you feel breaks the ToS, just alert a moderator. I do find it slightly ironic that you of all people should be quibbling about breaking the ToS.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 12:21
    Exactly how did I compare you to Hitler? If I did, I apologize. Heated discussion.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 16:511 edit
    Did some namby pamby secular liberal like Finnegan alert it because it did not sit right
    with his Islamophile sensibilities? What happened to free speech? We get enough hate
    speech from the anti-christians here, your God is like Hitler etc etc, yet the posts
    remain, so why remove Dasas post?
    I agree with filtering on the use of the last name of der Führer and deleting all posts* that contain both it and "God."

*Edit: to Spirituality

Will that level the playing field enough for you?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 19:16
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Crap comparison...

"G"od hasn't been demonstrated real
    When we call your "G"od a monster we are talking about one specific entity for which a holy book associated with it implies this being is a genicidal thick as pig-s*** psycho

Muslims have been demonstrated real
    Dasa is denegrating an entire collection of people based on the actions of a minorty of those people
    whether you consider God as real or otherwise is not the point, is it, free speech is
    being stifled. Its hypocritical of you and all those who objected to dasas post to allow
    certain forms of hate speech and report those which you support. Its an excellent
    comparison.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 19:22
    Originally posted by JS357
    I agree with filtering on the use of the last name of der Führer and deleting all posts* that contain both it and "God."

*Edit: to Spirituality

Will that level the playing field enough for you?
    either we allow freedom of speech, in any form, or we report all of it. I am thoroughly
    bemused at those who profess to be liberally minded that their sensitivities should be
    so offended by dasas opening post when day in day out Christians are subject to
    similar offensive remarks but do not object. Your God is a mass murderer, a psychotic
    serial killer, the same as Hitler etc etc etc , will you now please explain why this is in
    any shape of form dissimilar to the type of hate speech which dasa posts? I cannot see
    it myself, perhaps you have a better grasp of the subtleties.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 19:261 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    In fact, he sought to extrapolate from some criminal cases and apply it to all Muslims. Didn't you read the OP on his thread? He went much further than just bringing "terrible acts" to the forums attention. It's an odd thing for you to claim. If you didn't actually read the OP [because if you did, you are misrepresenting it] are you sure you are in a position to comment on its content?
    Were those acts perpetrated by Muslims on a Christian minority, if the answer is yes,
    then the question is, how does this reflect on Islam, Islamic society and all professing
    Muslims, its a valid topic, but to dismiss it on the basis of some kind of moral
    sensibilities is an affront to intelligence and free speech. So you think its odd, so what?
    Its not about me and don't even try your no obligatory trade mark, the ad hominem, I
    repeat, its not about me, its about free speech and my perceived hypocrisy of those
    who alerted that post.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 19:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Dasa advocated the genocide of all Muslim men at the end of last year. He has repeatedly refused to take back a single word of it and says he stands by what he said.
    irrelevent.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 19:291 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    tosh. god is one person and claims against him are backed up with evidence from the bible. dasa uses examples in which he doesnt give evidence. he also uses several individual examples to condemn millions of people. not exactly the same is it.

did you skip breakfast today? you dont seem on the ball.
    If God allowed even Satan himself to enter in among the angelic hordes and give an
    account of his activities, i think that says it all about Gods magnanimity and mankind's
    small-mindedness. It was construed that the post was racist, Islam is not a race, it
    could not therefore have been racist. I want to know, from those people who alerted it,
    on what basis were they offended.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 20:141 edit
    . I am thoroughly
    bemused at those who profess to be liberally minded that their sensitivities should be
    so offended by dasas opening post when day in day out Christians are subject to
    similar offensive remarks but do not object. Your God is a mass murderer, a psychotic
    serial killer, the same as Hitler etc etc etc , will you now please exp ...[text shortened]... which dasa posts? I cannot see
    it myself, perhaps you have a better grasp of the subtleties.
    So I guess you didn't like my idea.

I can't put myself in the brain of the mods who banned removed Dasa's post, as to how it differs from a H****r/God post and my guess is no better than anybody's.

I would favor a system where we could individually "opt into" or "opt out of" the RHP censorship protocols, akin to turning Google's safe search on or off.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 20:18
    Originally posted by JS357
    So I guess you didn't like my idea.

I can't put myself in the brain of the mods who banned removed Dasa's post, as to how it differs from a H****r/God post and my guess is no better than anybody's.

I would favor a system where we could individually "opt into" or "opt out of" the RHP censorship protocols, akin to turning Google's safe search on or off.
    yes i think your ideas are good i just needed another's perspective as i cannot see
    clearly myself, by that i mean, i cannot see the distinction between dasas and some of
    the other posts, this is further compounded by the excuses that have been proffered by
    those who objected to his post, it really is a quandary to be honest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree