What must I do to be saved from hell?

What must I do to be saved from hell?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Not true, but on Earth.
I guess my interpretation is not a christian one.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by joe beyser
Are you sure we are in purgatory or is it hell? Everything is backwards here. For me it is hell. A person works his young years away in order to retire with an old body. Control freaks run everything. A person sees his loved ones die. Sickness brought on by microbes and viruses. Insects and rodents beeing a vector for sickness. War killing our children. A ...[text shortened]... riviled up piece of donkey dukey waiting to get the hell out of here. Or the other way around.๐Ÿ™‚
Hee.hee๐Ÿ™‚

I suppose the difference is that hell is eternal and purgatory can seem like a long, long time.
Note: My interpretation of purgatory is not a christian one..

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by divegeester
My apologies for being direct friend, but this is exactly the type of pseudo spiritual mumbo-jumbo I'm trying to evade in this discussion. Would you really say that a person you thought was going to hell, and you only had 2 minutes to get you message of salvation across.

Perhaps you can explain concisely and with specific detail? I'm going to hell in 2 minutes so I'm on a schedule...
2 minutes:
What must you do to be saved is to be sin free your whole life, any
thing less, is just that, less. You have to acknowledge like all of us
do that you have fallen short of that. There is still hope, but it does
not rest in you, it rest alone in, Jesus Christ. God's only begotten
Son has made away, He was sent by God the Father so that we could
have a relationship with God in truth through God's mercy. God
knowing our short coming reached out to us knowing our sins and
faults, and still loved us enough to make a just and rightous way we
can be saved by, that is saved from our guilt before God.

You must come to God, and do it in Jesus Christ taking God's very own
righteousness for your own, no longer trusting in anything you are or
have done before God for your own righteousness. The great thing is
He is here right now, He isn't far from you right now, just start asking
Him to forgive you and make you clean and restore the relationship
you have been missing your whole life, a relationship with your creator.
Kelly

Wisconsin

Moves
07 Sep 09

Pretend you have 2 minutes to explain salvation to an enquiring unbeliever. What are the key facts assuming the person has the ability to believe what you say - what indeed would you say. A question to all faiths and denominations especially:

> Mormons

> Jehovah Witnesses

> Muslims

I'm looking for straight forward but all encompassing respo ...[text shortened]... ave to believe, and what if anything should I do to prevent myself going to hell?

Thank you.
In order to be saved you must believe with all your heart and soul that the Lord Jesus Christ is the one and only true son of God, and that he died on the cross and rose again and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. You must accept God’s gift of salvation and ask forgiveness for all your transgressions. The Lord judges not by what you say or do, but by what is truly in your heart. So ask the Lord Jesus Christ to come reign in your heart today.

F

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Prove it.
Prove the existance of god...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Prove the existance of god...
The complexity of the universe, and life on this planet which includes you.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by galveston75
That doesn't prove it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That doesn't prove it.
Then you must have the appreciation and maybe the understanding as to the complexity of life and how it could not just happen without a designer..
It's so sad when ones don't see that and just close thier eyes and mind to the wonders of the universe and let themselves admire the awsomeness of it all.
And usually ones that have this opinion, don't recognize a creator because then they would have to acknowledge him and know that they will have to answer to him someday. Kind of like an ostrich sticking his head in the sand...

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Sep 09

Then you must have the appreciation and maybe the understanding as to the complexity of life and how it could not just happen without a designer..
It's so sad when ones don't see that and just close thier eyes and mind to the wonders of the universe and let themselves admire the awsomeness of it all.
And usually ones that have this opinion, don't re ...[text shortened]... will have to answer to him someday. Kind of like an ostrich sticking his head in the sand...
So only theists can look up to the sky at night and marvel at the complexity and of the beauty universe can they? How incredibly arrogant of you, and what a ridiculous thing to assume.

There are many scientific theories and much evidence about life on this planet, and not one of them yet has anything to do with a designer.

I like to think if there is a God, he/she has better things to be concerned with rather than if i believe in them or not. It seems frankly ridiculous that someone who has such capability to create something as amazing and as beautiful as the cosmos should spend the rest of their time concerned about what the helpless inhabitants of one tiny insignificant planet think, or say about them.

Wisconsin

Moves
08 Sep 09

So only theists can look up to the sky at night and marvel at the complexity and of the beauty universe can they? How incredibly arrogant of you, and what a ridiculous thing to assume.

There are many scientific theories and much evidence about life on this planet, and not one of them yet has anything to do with a designer.

I like to think if the ...[text shortened]... d about what the helpless inhabitants of one tiny insignificant planet think, or say about them.
Wow I could not say it any better than you. It just goes to show you how much God loves us, You tiny little speck!๐Ÿ˜‰

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Sep 09

I like to think if the ...[text shortened]... d about what the helpless inhabitants of one tiny insignificant planet think, or say about them.
Why would he not care for you? Matt 10:29-31. Luke 12:6,7. Why are you so jaded towards God?

jb

Moves
09 Sep 09

I like to think that god would not be so interested in prayers concerning income when prayers for children with leukemia have gone unanswered. But we tell ourseves god has a plan. Don't lean on our own understanding etc...

P

weedhopper

Moves
09 Sep 09
2 edits

Pretend you have 2 minutes to explain salvation to an enquiring unbeliever. What are the key facts assuming the person has the ability to believe what you say - what indeed would you say. A question to all faiths and denominations especially:

> Mormons

> Jehovah Witnesses

> Muslims

I'm looking for straight forward but all encompassing respo ...[text shortened]... ave to believe, and what if anything should I do to prevent myself going to hell?

Thank you.
Believe and you will be saved. That is, believe that Jesus is your Savior, that He died for your sins, and that the only way to get salvation (heaven, the afterlife, etc.) is through Him and Him alone.

You do not have to walk an aisle, say a "sinner's prayer, be baptized, eat something, drink something, or perform any ritual. Salvation is by Grace ALONE. We don't do anything--and Can't do anything--to "get to heaven". If anyone tells you "you must accept Christ as your savior AND _______________", walk away. There's no "ANDs, Ifs, or buts".

For a far better answer than I can provide (I'm just another layman), I urge you to go to http://www.lutheran-in-sc.blogspot.com/
and ask the author of this blog. He will not only give you a direct, Biblical answer to your question, he'll do the same with any other questions regarding Christianity you might have.

Good luck to you.

F

Moves
09 Sep 09
1 edit

Yes, I know, but where is the proof?

d

Moves
09 Sep 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Yes, I know, but where is the proof?
http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm