What other hope is there?

What other hope is there?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Dec 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Is it possible for a Christian to “support the bible in its every word” and for them to decide to not be an official member of the Jehovah’s Witness organisation?
I suppose. No matter who they are, what they believe or what they teach is really up to Jehovah whether they are doing his will and doing it correctly isn't it? We don't read hearts but we can pretty much tell by their "fruits" if they truly support the bible. Just as I can tell by the fruits that many expose or express about themselves here.

F

Moves
27 Dec 17

Originally posted by @galveston75
I suppose. No matter who they are, what they believe or what they teach is really up to Jehovah whether they are doing his will and doing it correctly isn't it? We don't read hearts but we can pretty much tell by their "fruits" if they truly support the bible. Just as I can tell by the fruits that many expose or express about themselves here.
The magazine of the non-stock, not-for-profit corporation that you are a member of - Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania - claims that only members of your organization will survive the "great tribulation".

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Dec 17

Originally posted by @fmf
The magazine of the non-stock, not-for-profit corporation that you are a member of - Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania - claims that only members of your organization will survive the "great tribulation".
Read the link I posted on that.....

F

Moves
27 Dec 17

Originally posted by @galveston75
Read the link I posted on that.....
We had a big discussion about it a couple of years ago. You challenged me to find a quote from The Watchtower. I did. You blanked it out and disappeared for a few weeks.

Moves
27 Dec 17

Your choice of the term “skeptic” is interesting.
Would it still be odd if I used British English instead ?

Moves
27 Dec 17

Originally posted by @fmf
"Hope" for what?
A better future for one.

Moves
27 Dec 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
A 'true' alternative would of course be preferable.

If we are allowed to just make stuff up, to replicate the Christian worldview, then it wouldn't be too difficult to spin a superior fable.
How do you personally decide what is true and what isn’t?

Moves
27 Dec 17

Originally posted by @rajk999
There is no hope for those Christians [and there are many] who simply profess their faith and do no good works. Those who have hope are those who live according to the commandments of Christ.
If there hope for those who trust only in their own good works and have no faith?

Moves
27 Dec 17
1 edit

An interesting observation and which I think is true of all religious people to some extent. Take myself for example; I tell this forum on a regular basis that I am a sincere Christian and yet the Christians here either don’t believe me or call me a son of Satan.

And why? Because I refuse to succumb to tidal wave of psychological bullying that accom ...[text shortened]... pily bow the knee to him, but I’m not bending over to religion ever again.

Happy Boxing Day!
I share many of the same sentiments that you do. I am about 10 years behind you in my journey, I left organised religion about 10 years ago. For what it’s worth, I don’t think you are a son of Satan.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 17
2 edits

Q : Where in the Bible did it say that Jesus practiced dusting off his feet when people did not listen to Him ?

A : NOWHERE

This is why I dont listen to your types. You dont know the Bible.
Truth is what i am after and not destructive ridicule or even argument "winning" for its own egotistical sake.

Have you yet answered me on your own "proof text" that Jesus only reigns for 1,000 years before God takes over?

"And whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, Jehovah of hosts, upon them there will be no rain." (Zechariah 14:17)

1.) Either Rajk999 or Galveston can answer.

2.) I will accept as a respectable answer "I cannot yet answer that at this time."

Zechariah 14:17 must evidence that God is Father and Son.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 17
2 edits

I think Christ is as the Bible describes "the desire of the nations" (Haggai 2:7) . He is the one all the nations are really longing for, though they may not know it.

F

Moves
27 Dec 17

FMF: "Hope" for what?

Originally posted by @dj2becker
A better future for one.
So you would feel a lack of hope without your religious beliefs. Why do you think this is something that people who don't have your religious beliefs are required to address?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Dec 17
3 edits

Originally posted by @sonship
Truth is what i am after and not destructive ridicule or even argument "winning" for its own egotistical sake.

Have you yet answered me on your own "proof text" that Jesus only reigns for 1,000 years before God takes over?

[quote] [b] "And whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, Jehovah of hosts, upon t ...[text shortened]... answer that at this time."

[b]Zechariah 14:17
must evidence that God is Father and Son.[/b]
I have already answered that. Here is my original reply. My opinion on what Paul means here has not changed.

Christ will reign until he has put all enemies under his feet.

This one little sentence in the Bible tells several things:
1. During the entire reign of Christ, he will have opposition and enemies
2. Christ reign is not permanent
3. Christ has a specific job and it is not to make the world blessed for everyone, but to put down all sin and evil.
4. He will only put down all his enemies at the end of the millennial reign, after which time he hands over the Kingdom to God

Maybe you can ask others in this forum what is their interpretation of this passage by Paul. The language is simple and straightforward. I cannot explain it further.

It is obvious to me that this matter is bothering you for you to raise it in another unrelated thread. This is not the first time you have done this. Several of your core doctrines are in error and is based on the flawed interpretation of one man. Maybe it is time for you to ask God to help you to see that light that comes from truly believing in Christ with your heart and not just with your mouth as you constantly preach.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 17
4 edits

2. Christ reign is not permanent
If the Son has a throne "forever and ever" (Heb. 1:8) YET His reign is only temporary THEN it follows that you could also say that Jehovah is King "forever and ever" (Psalm 10:16) but His reign is only temporary as well.

With the same amount of logic one's reign is temporary as the other's reign is temporary though concerning the reign of each it says it is "forever and ever".

In other words it is only your arbitrary preference that you choose to apply the logic to the Son but not to Jehovah God.

I need something more than just your arbitrary whim to make temporariness of reign apply to one and not to the other.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Dec 17

Originally posted by @sonship
If the Son has a throne [b]"forever and ever" (Heb. 1:8) YET His reign is only temporary THEN it follows that you could also say that Jehovah is King "forever and ever" (Psalm 10:16) but His reign is only temporary as well.

With the same amount of logic one's reign is temporary as the other's reign is temporary though concerning t ...[text shortened]... than just your arbitrary whim to make temporariness of reign apply to one and not to the other.[/b]
Good luck to you. .. hope you figure it out.