What role does death play?

What role does death play?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
"Not suggesting you can rebel and be successful "

Ah, so you do know what I mean 🙂

As I may have mentioned elsewhere, Buddhists don't believe in god, they are essentially atheists but carry on like people of faith.
I guess what I'm saying is that it's not as simple as the black/white approach theists seem to propose. One size does not fit all (as Frank Zappa pointed out many years ago)
It boils down to Jesus if He is who scripture says He is, than nothing matters but our relationship with God through Jesus Christ. I don't care what you call yourself be it Christian (name your denomination) if you don't have God's Spirit you don't belong to God.

Now if you think Jesus isn't the Way that God made for us, than what or who you put your faith in will take you as far as they can. I am sure that there are many who make claims that want you.

Of all ways to God if God has standards than it matters not what we do, it matters what God desires. With Jesus God took all of our guilt from us by Jesus becoming sin, salvation by God's grace through faith in what Jesus did for us.

The best part of being a Christian is God in our lives now not in some by and by.

w

Moves
24 May 17
1 edit

To date, the only answer to my question is that God likes to recycle us, kinda like soda cans. (Cuz everyone knows God is a democrat and likes to recycle)

Any other input?

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by whodey
To date, the only answer to my question is that God likes to recycle us, kinda like soda cans. (Cuz everyone knows God is a democrat and likes to recycle)

Any other input?
That box has been ticked already:

'The purpose of death is to leave space and resources for following generations.'

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

'The purpose of death is to leave space and resources for following generations.'
OK given that immortality has not been attained we have to pass the torch, but what then is the purpose of the following generations?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 May 17

Originally posted by JS357
OK given that immortality has not been attained we have to pass the torch, but what then is the purpose of the following generations?
Obviously the Hindus have answered this...

(They believe in transmigrating through lives to learn universal lessons . )

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
25 May 17

We are all runners in an endless relay. We receive the baton, we pass on the baton.

The purpose of all generations is the continuation of our species.

F

Moves
25 May 17

...what [...] is the purpose of the following generations?
To find or create ~ and explore ~ as many unique meanings of life as there are members of those generations.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 May 17

Micah 6:8
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Generations only show us how faithful God is throughout time, and each generation we
see life play out in all variations revealing what is good, and what is not.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 May 17
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

He was busy running a recycling drive, and didn't see it.

No, not really.

w

Moves
25 May 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
He was busy running a recycling drive, and didn't see it.

No, not really.
I sure hope we get placed in the right recycling bins.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
25 May 17

I sure hope we get placed in the right recycling bins.
Not sure why exactly, but instinctively i'd put you in with the garden waste. (The green bin in the UK).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 May 17

For those who believe in God but do not believe in a hell, what role does death play?
One thing we know according to scripture is that death is one of the last thrown into Hell.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
One thing we know according to scripture is that death is one of the last thrown into Hell.
huh?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 May 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
huh?
Death is an enemy to life.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Death is an enemy to life.
other than or disagreement over 'hell' , I'm sure we have a lot in common about the way we see the world.
Now , to get in touch with that life force!