1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    How so? "Sinning" and "forgiveness" are surely central to your faith. I don't see how asking you to talk about it can be described as 'bashing Christians'? It'd be good if you'd join in the conversation properly.
    I thought we were talking about you. You're the one with the misunderstanding.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm also guessing that you think you are sinless.

Well, for the purposes of this discussion, I am assuming that one accepts that there is such a thing as "sin", i.e. transgression of God's will. And, no I am not talking about anyone claiming to be "sinless". I am asking why do people talk as if it's really difficult to keep oneself from "sinning". I don't think it is.

If you say you are, then I do not believe you. If you say you're not, then I say, "Yes, that is what is so hard about it." Human nature, Something you've always shown an inability to understand in these forums.

I think 'human nature' means that, for the most part, we don't "sin". I don't think it's all that hard not to. What "sins" do you think my human nature might have caused me to commit in, say, the last week?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:35
    I thought we were talking about you. You're the one with the misunderstanding.
    No. The question is "What's so hard about 'not sinning'?"
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:37
    Originally posted by FMF

re: doing good
    So I guess you never ever tell even a white lie?

Occasionally, but I don't think it's that hard to live life in a way that doesn't rely on lies or deceiving people. I don't think it's all that hard to avoid this form of "sin". If you, on the other hand, do find it hard, do your religious beliefs make it OK for you (with you being "forgiven" and all that)?
    Suck 'em in with a supposedly 'innocent' question and then deride them with the very next breath. This is your "Christian bashing" M.O.

You just don't "get it" and I somehow doubt you ever will. Your pride demands that you justify your own denial of faith.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:38
    Suck 'em in with a supposedly 'innocent' question and then deride them with the very next breath. This is your "Christian bashing" M.O.

You just don't "get it" and I somehow doubt you ever will. Your pride demands that you justify your own denial of faith.
    I seem to have chosen a topic you are determined not to discuss. 😉
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]I'm also guessing that you think you are sinless.

Well, for the purposes of this discussion, I am assuming that one accepts that there is such a thing as "sin", i.e. transgression of God's will. And, no I am not talking about anyone claiming to be "sinless". I am asking why do people talk as if it's really difficult to keep oneself from "sinning". I do ...[text shortened]... What "sins" do you think my human nature might have caused me to commit in, say, the last week?[/b]
    And therefore, the answer is in the question.

You justify your own denial of faith by claiming there is no "sin".

Even alcoholics have to admit they have a problem before they make any progress.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    I seem to have chosen a topic you are determined not to discuss. 😉
    No, you rather craftily "chose" a topic that you feel you can "bash us to death" with.

You CANNOT learn anything from this discussion if you continue to believe there is no "sin". But learning from the discussion is not what you have in mind. At all.

Sorry. I'm not going to change your mind and so, no, I'm not going to entertain you, either.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:44
    You justify your own denial of faith by claiming there is no "sin".

Even alcoholics have to admit they have a problem before they make any progress.
    Personally, I don't believe there is such a thing as "sin". I don't believe there is any revealed will of God that we can transgress. I believe, instead, there is morality and immorality. I think, although they are based in different notions, there is some overlap between "sin" and immorality. But that's not what this discussion is about. The question is, Christian rhetoric about our "sinful" nature aside, is it actually so difficult for people to avoid "sinning"?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:46
    Originally posted by JS357
    If sins aren't hard for you to resist you aren't getting your money's worth.
    I understand you're being funny, but this one line shows a deeper understanding of the topic than FMF's continued misunderstanding for the sole purpose of "bashing" us.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:46
    You CANNOT learn anything from this discussion if you continue to believe there is no "sin".
    Yes I can because I understand what "sin" is and what Christians mean by "sin". So it is quite possible and plausible to have a discussion about it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:47
    I don't get the relevance of this to the question in the OP.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Personally, I don't believe there is such a thing as "sin". I don't believe there is any revealed will of God that we can transgress. I believe, instead, there is morality and immorality. I think, although they are based in different notions, there is some overlap between "sin" and immorality. But that's not what this discussion is about. The question is, Christ ...[text shortened]... oric about our "sinful" nature aside, is it actually so difficult for people to avoid "sinning"?
    If you do not believe there is "sin", then your question is nonsensical, even for you.

And thus, the conversation is over. You show a continuous disrespect in this forum by baiting Christians in this fashion. I refuse to be laughed at.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:50
    Sorry. I'm not going to change your mind and so, no, I'm not going to entertain you, either.
    If not to "entertain" me (and others), what has been the purpose of your nine posts addressed to me so far on this thread?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:52
    If you do not believe there is "sin", then your question is nonsensical, even for you.
    The OP is asking Christians - and perhaps people who know Christians well - what's so hard about 'not sinning'. The fact that I personally believe there is morality (or a lack of it) rather than "sin" doesn't really matter.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '16 07:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes I can because I understand what "sin" is and what Christians mean by "sin". So it is quite possible and plausible to have a discussion about it.
    A "discussion" is more than simply "I'm right and you're wrong", regardless how many giggles you get out of it. You're NEVER going to entertain that you can and do sin, and so the entire effort is futile.

Simply put, your pride is getting in the way of having an actual discussion instead of a "giggle fest".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree