What's so hard about 'not sinning'?

What's so hard about 'not sinning'?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
04 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
The stuff you present is far-fetched and unconvincing, yes, and doesn't even make sense. Why would I think, even for one moment, that it was "divinely inspired" or that God has somehow been working through you today in your conversation with me. I don't think God has revealed Himself to you. I don't think He has revealed Himself to me either. What more I can say about it?
Ok so you believe there is a God, but no one can know anything about him. Can anyone know that he exists or is that also unknowable?

F

Moves
04 Sep 16

Originally posted by leunammi
Ok, I am batting a thousand today... let's not split hairs and let me rephrase my question.

What is the basis of your morality if not from the Bible, or partly from the Bible, or if now at this point in your life nothing at all from the Bible?

What guides FMF with regards to what is right and wrong, moral or immoral, sinless vs. sinful? What is your compass?

Sorry for the confusion.
Oh dear. It's like Groundhog Day. Look I know I'm a regular here, and I'm particularly active on the weekends, but I can't be expected to type out the same things again and again, week after week. It's midnight here in Indonesia. Take a look at threads like "Dependencies for 'Christian' salvation", "What is Spirituality?", "No need to be like Christ?", or any of the ones about morality where I've contributed substantially. Start with "Dependencies for 'Christian' salvation". I seem to remember there's stuff on there and it was just a few days ago. It's now officially tomorrow here, so I'm off to bed.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
So what in your opinion is not far-fetched and unconvincing? That there is a God out there somewhere (based on a gut-feeling) and we can't know anything about him? Is that about right?
Are you going to answer the question about eternal suffering?

F

Moves
04 Sep 16
1 edit

Ok so you believe there is a God, but no one can know anything about him. Can anyone know that he exists or is that also unknowable?
Good grief. I keep saying, over and over again. And you come back with the same question over and over again. Listen I don't have any reason whatsoever to think God has revealed Himself to you. And I don't think He has revealed Himself to me either. Get it? Listening to you is no different - to me - than listening to a Hindu, or a Muslim or a Sikh. It's just elaborate religionist cant. There's nothing seemingly genuine - or with a ring of truth - about anything you say. If I start to think He has revealed Himself to you, and that you have information for me about a supernatural being, I will let you know. [Off to bed now, 0012 hours]

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Sep 16

Ok, I am batting a thousand today... let's not split hairs and let me rephrase my question.

What is the basis of your morality if not from the Bible, or partly from the Bible, or if now at this point in your life nothing at all from the Bible?

What guides FMF with regards to what is right and wrong, moral or immoral, sinless vs. sinful? What is your compass?

Sorry for the confusion.
There is no requirement to read or understand the Bible in order to have a moral compass. A conscience which comes from a knowledge of good and evil, is all that is required. This was imparted to mankind in the garden of Eden. The Apostle Paul wrote of those who have no law, but who have as their guide their conscience, which enable them to live righteously.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
04 Sep 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
There is no requirement to read or understand the Bible in order to have a moral compass. A conscience which comes from a knowledge of good and evil, is all that is required. This was imparted to mankind in the garden of Eden. The Apostle Paul wrote of those who have no law, but who have as their guide their conscience, which enable them to live righteously.
So a canibal that kills and eats people and doesn't believe its wrong to do so has the same moral compass that you have?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 16

So a canibal that kills and eats people and doesn't believe its wrong to do so has the same moral compass that you have?
Are you ashamed of your belief in a version of god which will torture billions of people for eternity? Is this this one of your "universal truths"?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Sep 16

GoD, I do stand corrected and you are right, some sins are more agregious than others, and God does see some as abominations also. The only point I am wanting to communicate with regards to sin is that it leads to death, and that being spiritual death for which is what we are ultimately discussing.

Thanks for your comment and the correction.
No problem.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
04 Sep 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Are you ashamed of your belief in a version of god which will torture billions of people for eternity? Is this this one of your "universal truths"?
So which God do you believe in? The one you made up? Or the one revealed in the Bible? Why would I be ashamed of a God that died on a cross for me. Also what makes you think the gates of hades won't be locked from the inside?

As CS Lewis puts it:

“There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, in the end, "Thy will be done." All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. Those who knock it is opened.”

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 16

So which God do you believe in? The one you made up? Or the one revealed in the Bible? Why would I be ashamed of a God that died on a cross for me. Also what makes you think the gates of hades won't be locked from the inside?

As CS Lewis puts it:

“There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those t ...[text shortened]... nd constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. Those who knock it is opened.”
Yes yes you are sounding like Grampy Bobby, he is fond of quoting people who shared his inability to think for themselves.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 16

Also what makes you think the gates of hades won't be locked from the inside?
What on earth are you talking about?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
04 Sep 16

Yes yes you are sounding like Grampy Bobby, he is fond of quoting people who shared his inability to think for themselves.
So you said you think a God exists. Which one is it? Or are you too ashamed to say?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 16

So you said you think a God exists. Which one is it? Or are you too ashamed to say?
To ashamed to say what? Are you drunk or something?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
04 Sep 16

To ashamed to say what? Are you drunk or something?
I assume you don't believe in the God of the Bible, so which God do you believe in? Are you too ashamed to say which God you believe in?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 16

I assume you don't believe in the God of the Bible, so which God do you believe in? Are you too ashamed to say which God you believe in?
Of course not. My posting history here is well documented with me stating that I am a Christian and I believe in the Christian God who's current given name is Jesus. You will find no unequivocation on my posting Fetchmyjunk.