1. Joined
    10 Apr '05
    Moves
    16 May '05 01:48
    God is like a perfect father that takes care of you and watches over you. He has a gardening angel watching over all of us. Even for none believers. I have had several incidents in my life that i believe God was over me. Come on God was even willing to give up his own son so that all of or sins would be forgiven. 🙂
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    16 May '05 01:53
    Originally posted by Sratpam
    God is like a perfect father that takes care of you and watches over you. He has a gardening angel watching over all of us. Even for none believers. I have had several incidents in my life that i believe God was over me. Come on God was even willing to give up his own son so that all of or sins would be forgiven. 🙂
    Do these "gardening" angels have green thumbs?

Kind of a Freudian undertone to your post with all the sky-Daddy talk.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 May '05 01:53
    What would that angel be growing? I'm curious.
  4. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    16 May '05 01:59

I believe some fear God or simply don't believe in God but hate is an awefully strong word. I can't say I have ever known anyone to say they hate God. And if they do I believe it comes from a deep unhappiness and self loathing from within projected onto the supposed creator of their unhappiness.
  5. NY
    Moves
    16 May '05 03:23
    I dont hat my god... or yours.. i just question every thing... or id consider myself stupid...
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    16 May '05 03:57
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Angel hair spaghetti . wow that was an easy question lol.
  7. NY
    Moves
    16 May '05 03:59
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Angel hair spaghetti . wow that was an easy question lol.
    yum.. yer makn me hungry.. lol
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 May '05 04:10
    The only things I value are happiness and pleasure, and the removal of suffering. As God is supposedly omnipotent yet suffering exists and pleasure could be increased in the world, I do not respect him - if he exists. He is not like a perfect father in my view.

I think it's bizaare to think that my father would torture and kill his only son (odd - I guess I was adopted) to "pay" for (in God's view) the crimes everyone but that one son committed. This is not something I respect or admire.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    16 May '05 05:47
    Makes about as much sense to hate god as it does to hate Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.
  10. Bible Basher HQ
    Moves
    16 May '05 07:30
    Thats because in many people's opinion (including my own) god is just as real as santa claus and the tooth fairy.

I'm just trying to work out when in life your parents inform you that its all a lie...
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    16 May '05 09:37
    Originally posted by kirksey957

To which audience is your question directed, Reverend ?
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    16 May '05 09:41
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The only things I value are happiness and pleasure, and the removal of suffering. As God is supposedly omnipotent yet suffering exists and pleasure could be increased in the world, I do not respect him - if he exists. He is not like a perfect father in my view.

I think it's bizaare to think that my father would torture and kill his only son (odd ...[text shortened]... e crimes everyone but that one son committed. This is not something I respect or admire.
    AThousandYoung: "The only things I value are happiness and pleasure, and the removal of suffering."

Is that what they call "Hedonism" ?
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 May '05 12:41
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

To which audience is your question directed, Reverend ?
    Dude, since he replied and quoted Sratpam... I am going to guess...

Sratpam

ES
  14. Green Bay, Wisconsin
    Moves
    16 May '05 14:10
    people dont hate god they just dont believe or dont understand him and the way he works. i mean yeah i dont believe in god but that doesnt mean that i hate him it just means that i dont want to know anything about him or how he works.
  15. The sky
    Moves
    16 May '05 14:51
    God is like a perfect father <snip> Come on God was even willing to give up his own son
    So your definition of "perfect father" is "someone who is willing to give up his own son"? Or is he like a "perfect father" for everyone but his own son? But even if I disregard that part, I guess our views of a "perfect father" differ widely. For me, a "perfect father" would help his children grow into independent beings who can make their own choices, and he would respect those choices even if he wouldn't necessarily like them. He would love and respect his children, and he would be happy if they also love and respect him, but if they don't for some reason (for example because he hasn't shown his love and respect in a way they can understand), he wouldn't punish them, but rather try to find out how to earn their love and respect. If that Christian god exists (which seems highly unlikely), he hasn't given me a mind which can perceive him and his love and respect for me, yet he seems to expect me to love and respect him, and at least according to some Christians he is going to punish me for not doing that.

I don't hate god, because you can't hate something you don't believe in. If I had proof of his existence, and if I had proof that he actually did and continues to do those things described in the bible (e.g. giving up his own son or punishing people just for not believing in him), I might hate him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree