1. Not Kansas
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 03:50
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    "Why do people hate God??"

Beacuse they wan't to be God. They think they would do a better job with the position than He does. It basically boils down to jealosy.
    More nonsense.
    I told RBHill he could do God's job (well, his god's anyways)
    Saved take the stairs up, not-saved the ones down.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 05:19
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Pride and envy, two of the seven Deadly Sins.
    It's touching to see you in complete agreement with a group of people who believe your Church is dooming millions to Hell everyday.
  3. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 05:31
    "Why do people hate God?? "

Many hate God because He challenges their sense of autonomy. Man wants to be a captain of his fate. He does not want to accept any position of servitude - so he fights to maintain the delusion of autonomy.

Even the those who claim not to believe in God hate God. And the ones who think they are neutral hate God. They may not feel like they hate God, but there is no fence sitting when it comes to the love of God.

Real hate (like love) - it is not an merely (or even essentially) an emotion. The emotion we normally associate with hate is simply the response to the state of mind that hate is. But emotions are mercurial - and not a reliable indicator. Hate is a spiritual/intellectual orientation of the will. Your mind/soul is polarized, such that you are either oriented towards God (in general), or away from God. The emotions are practically irrelevant. So even if one feels disinterested, one may in fact hate God.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 05:36
    Originally posted by Coletti

Many hate God because He challenges their sense of autonomy. Man wants to be a captain of his fate. He does not want to accept any position of servitude - so he fights to maintain the delusion of autonomy.

Even the those who claim not to believe in God hate God. And the ones who think they are neutral hate God. They ma ...[text shortened]... tions are practically irrelevant. So even if one feels disinterested, one may in fact hate God.
    Geez, could you write your own dictionary please? Since you pretty much have a non-standard definition for every word, it would be useful to combine it all into one sourcebook. That way we would know when we use a word that has a meaning to 99.9% of the English speaking world, that that meaning is incorrect because Coletti says so. Thanks.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 05:43

Even the those who claim not to believe in God hate God. And the ones who think they are neutral hate God. They ma ...[text shortened]... tions are practically irrelevant. So even if one feels disinterested, one may in fact hate God.
    I suggest a new title - ditch the "W.P. Extraordinaire" and put in "Semantical Gymnast".
  6. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 05:53
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I suggest a new title - ditch the "W.P. Extraordinaire" and put in "Semantical Gymnast".
    Jesus told us to love our neighbor. If this meant you were required to get all warm and fuzzy, then not many people would not be able to obey that command. Hate is simply the opposite of love.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 05:561 edit
    Jesus told us to love our neighbor. If this meant you were required to get all warm and fuzzy, then not many people would not be able to obey that command. Hate is simply the opposite of love.
    Not in the English language but I don't have the Colettiese dictionary so I can't say what the definition is in that language. Jesus should have said "Don't hate your neighbor" according to you.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 06:55
    Originally posted by dj2becker

Beacuse they wan't to be God. They think they would do a better job with the position than He does. It basically boils down to jealosy.

Ans: Because of what God-belief does to the believer's spelling and grammar.
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 06:59

Muffy hater.
  10. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 18:51
    Originally posted by telerion

Ans: Because of what God-belief does to the believer's spelling and grammar.
    That's what God gave us spell checkers.
  11. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 18:52
    Originally posted by telerion
    Muffy hater.
    Biscuit baiter!
  12. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 00:201 edit

Quite the ad hominem, Coletti. How about this instead?

"Many profess to love god because they find it difficult to reconcile their spiritual isolation and solitude. Thus, they create what is essentially a security blanket. They do this in order to maintain an illusory servitude to a higher power or predestination, absolving themselves of perceived transgressions in their spiritual lives."

Silly boy.
  13. Standard membermantawa
    Muffin
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 01:37
    Coletti, I don't love you - does this mean I hate you? Do you love me?
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 01:581 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's touching to see you in complete agreement with a group of people who believe your Church is dooming millions to Hell everyday.

Your interpretation ánd the conclusion based on it are false, but hey ..... it is the ultimate proof of my tolerance towards those who want to send me to hell ...... 😛 .... so why not ?
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 02:022 edits

Because they mistakenly believe He'll take away their freedom if they'll accept Him in their lives.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree