Why do people hate God??

Why do people hate God??

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
16 May 05

God is like a perfect father that takes care of you and watches over you. He has a gardening angel watching over all of us. Even for none believers. I have had several incidents in my life that i believe God was over me. Come on God was even willing to give up his own son so that all of or sins would be forgiven. 🙂

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
16 May 05

Originally posted by Sratpam
God is like a perfect father that takes care of you and watches over you. He has a gardening angel watching over all of us. Even for none believers. I have had several incidents in my life that i believe God was over me. Come on God was even willing to give up his own son so that all of or sins would be forgiven. 🙂
Do these "gardening" angels have green thumbs?

Kind of a Freudian undertone to your post with all the sky-Daddy talk.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
16 May 05

What would that angel be growing? I'm curious.

m
Sinner

Where I belong

Moves
16 May 05

I believe some fear God or simply don't believe in God but hate is an awefully strong word. I can't say I have ever known anyone to say they hate God. And if they do I believe it comes from a deep unhappiness and self loathing from within projected onto the supposed creator of their unhappiness.

x

NY

Moves
16 May 05

I dont hat my god... or yours.. i just question every thing... or id consider myself stupid...

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
16 May 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
Angel hair spaghetti . wow that was an easy question lol.

x

NY

Moves
16 May 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Angel hair spaghetti . wow that was an easy question lol.
yum.. yer makn me hungry.. lol

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
16 May 05

The only things I value are happiness and pleasure, and the removal of suffering. As God is supposedly omnipotent yet suffering exists and pleasure could be increased in the world, I do not respect him - if he exists. He is not like a perfect father in my view.

I think it's bizaare to think that my father would torture and kill his only son (odd - I guess I was adopted) to "pay" for (in God's view) the crimes everyone but that one son committed. This is not something I respect or admire.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
16 May 05

Makes about as much sense to hate god as it does to hate Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.

m

Bible Basher HQ

Moves
16 May 05

Thats because in many people's opinion (including my own) god is just as real as santa claus and the tooth fairy.

I'm just trying to work out when in life your parents inform you that its all a lie...

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
16 May 05

Originally posted by kirksey957

To which audience is your question directed, Reverend ?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
16 May 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
The only things I value are happiness and pleasure, and the removal of suffering. As God is supposedly omnipotent yet suffering exists and pleasure could be increased in the world, I do not respect him - if he exists. He is not like a perfect father in my view.

I think it's bizaare to think that my father would torture and kill his only son (odd ...[text shortened]... e crimes everyone but that one son committed. This is not something I respect or admire.
AThousandYoung: "The only things I value are happiness and pleasure, and the removal of suffering."

Is that what they call "Hedonism" ?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 May 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

To which audience is your question directed, Reverend ?
Dude, since he replied and quoted Sratpam... I am going to guess...

Sratpam

ES

n

Green Bay, Wisconsin

Moves
16 May 05

people dont hate god they just dont believe or dont understand him and the way he works. i mean yeah i dont believe in god but that doesnt mean that i hate him it just means that i dont want to know anything about him or how he works.

N

The sky

Moves
16 May 05

God is like a perfect father <snip> Come on God was even willing to give up his own son
So your definition of "perfect father" is "someone who is willing to give up his own son"? Or is he like a "perfect father" for everyone but his own son? But even if I disregard that part, I guess our views of a "perfect father" differ widely. For me, a "perfect father" would help his children grow into independent beings who can make their own choices, and he would respect those choices even if he wouldn't necessarily like them. He would love and respect his children, and he would be happy if they also love and respect him, but if they don't for some reason (for example because he hasn't shown his love and respect in a way they can understand), he wouldn't punish them, but rather try to find out how to earn their love and respect. If that Christian god exists (which seems highly unlikely), he hasn't given me a mind which can perceive him and his love and respect for me, yet he seems to expect me to love and respect him, and at least according to some Christians he is going to punish me for not doing that.

I don't hate god, because you can't hate something you don't believe in. If I had proof of his existence, and if I had proof that he actually did and continues to do those things described in the bible (e.g. giving up his own son or punishing people just for not believing in him), I might hate him.