1. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 17:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    None of this is the case in the world's biggest Muslim country, Indonesia. Any comment?
    Non-Muslims Must Face Islamic Punishments In Aceh

We reported back in December that, a year after the devastating tsunami of 24 December 2004, the Islamic Sharia police, or Wilayatul Hisbah were busy arresting people for breaking Islamic rules on Aceh. They particularly blamed the evil nature of women for the tsunami, and one of the sharia judges from the Islamic courts, Dr Marluddin Jalil said: "The Holy Koran says that if women are good, then a country is good."

The Islamification of Indonesia really began in earnest in Aceh. We reported on March 15 that a couple were caught in a car together at night by members of the Wilyatul Hisbah near the village of Lambhuk (Lombok) in Banda Aceh. Amni bin Ahmad Marzuki, a leading figure in the Aceh liberation movement or GAM was in the car with a French aid worker. He was due to appear at the Sharia Court in Banda Aceh, but his companion, being a non-Muslim was exempt from punishment. Such "leniency" for non-Muslims is now set to end.

http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/002030.html
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 18:33
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Although I do not hate Muslims and will readily give the shirt off my back to one if he/she needed it, It's very simple: All Muslims aren't suicide bombers nor do all Muslims fly planes into buildings, killing innocnt civilians; however, ALL suicide bombers are Muslims and ALL planes that purposely fly into buildings, killing innocent civilians are flown ...[text shortened]... sus to be the Saviour and the only way to Heaven, not just a prophet. Muhammed was a prophet.
    Not every plane or suicide bombing is a Muslim plane hijacking or suicide bombing.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 19:00
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Not every plane or suicide bombing is a Muslim plane hijacking or suicide bombing.
    Remember your line :

OK, so "everyone" was an exaggeration. Do you get my point?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 20:591 edit
    They hanged gays here not even a century ago. They hanged blacks by the hundreds. It's called lynching. I don't know why we're so high and mighty about it.

In the UK, the bombings were sad, but we cannot blame all Muslims for the actions of a ridiculously small minority.
    Not THAT ridiculous a claim. Islam is not the religion of peace it tries to put on. It will be the religion of peace if it can overcome all the other world religions and establish a world order based on sharia which would be a shame because Muslims shoot themselves in the foot by forcing women to give up their jobs and be chattel to the men. They give up half the brainpower of a culture in order to feel superior. I asked several Muslims whose law they follow and invariably it's not the law of the country of their host, like in Canada or something, if their Imam calls for them to take up weapons, then they will take up weapons. Maybe not the majority but enough to kill many many people and if you are Muslim, you cannot deny that fact. Infidels are considered inferior and no amount of Islam apologists will change that fact either.
    BTW Scherz, your profile says it all. And of course if I accuse you of terrorism, you will counter and tell me how badly the Jews treat the Palestinians. I know what happened there, I lived in Jerusalem for 4 years and I am not Jewish, I see both sides, one of the worse things Israelis do is give the worse water to the Palestinians, water that can't even grow crops because it is so polluted. On the other hand, blowing yourselves up just to take out a couple dozen Jews doesn't help the situation either, you don't kill the whole culture or all the Jews at once, you only piss them off, and they have the big guns as you no doubt saw in the recent incursion into Gaza. They would not have done that if you hadn't launched rockets to kill random Israeli civilians. Launching rockets is not a good path for the peace process, and the words written in your own constitution to drive the Jews to the sea and destroy Israel is not something designed to foster peace and you know that damn good and well. So it appears there will be no peace till the last Jew and the last Palestinian is dead.
  5. At the Revolution
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 21:37
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Remember your line :

OK, so "everyone" was an exaggeration. Do you get my point?
    And I admitted that it was an exaggeration. Now can you do the same please?
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 21:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Not THAT ridiculous a claim. Islam is not the religion of peace it tries to put on. It will be the religion of peace if it can overcome all the other world religions and establish a world order based on sharia which would be a shame because Muslims shoot themselves in the foot by forcing women to give up their jobs and be chattel to the men. They give up ha ...[text shortened]... l. So it appears there will be no peace till the last Jew and the last Palestinian is dead.
    Your first paragraph just rested my case.

Your second paragraph is irrelevant to the discussion, but I would like to say: Zionists, not Jews. I do admire the political views of people like Einstein, Finkelstein, and Chomsky. Guess what .... all Jewish.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 22:52
    [b]2005 Indonesian beheadings of Christian girls.

[/b]
    That's right. An atrocious crime in the fourth biggest country in the world, 4 years ago. Who'd have thought?
  8. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 23:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    None of this is the case in the world's biggest Muslim country, Indonesia. Any comment?
    Is there any movement among Indonesians comparable to the radical movements in the Arab world and elsewhere that use Islam as cover to institute totalitarian regimes?
  9. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 23:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    All cluster bombs dropped on southern Lebanon at the very end of the 2006 war (aimed at discouraging families - Christian ones, Muslim ones, not Jewish ones - with children, from moving back into that part of their country, presumably), killing innocent civilians, were dropped by planes flown by Jewish pilots; the countless thousands of innocent civilians in eas ...[text shortened]... soldiers by the Christian Lord's Resistance Army, Holy Spirit Movement, Christians one and all.
    How about Darfur? you left that out
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 23:29
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    How about Darfur? you left that out
    Your point? I only mentioned two things so, yeah, lo and behold, something was left out. Why don't you make a point about Darfur rather than make your point into what point I did or didn't make?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 23:30
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    Is there any movement among Indonesians comparable to the radical movements in the Arab world and elsewhere that use Islam as cover to institute totalitarian regimes?
    No. Not a comparable one.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 23:401 edit
    Non-Muslims Must Face Islamic Punishments In Aceh [...] Amni bin Ahmad Marzuki [...] was due to appear at the Sharia Court in Banda Aceh, but his companion, being a non-Muslim was exempt from punishment. Such "leniency" for non-Muslims is now set to end.

http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/002030.html
    A 3 year old piece of news from a big province that is changing fast. "Such "leniency" for non-Muslims is now set to end." Are you going to follow up this 3 year old assertion from an Islamophobic web site? What happened to the "leniency" in the end?

The Wilayatul Hisbah - and the likes of Dr Marluddin Jalil - command little respect and probably even less interest in the wider Indonesian community. It certainly isn't part of the country's future and is probably more the kind of questionable 'local diversity' that crops up in a country that is in the throes of decentralization after decades of repression - including repression of certain elements of Islam during the Soeharto era. It will be short-lived, as was much of the horrid communal violence earlier this decade. What we are talking about here is whether or not Indonesia, the world's biggest Muslim country, is comparable to Iran. So far you haven't made a case.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 23:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    A 3 year old piece of news from a big province that is changing fast. "Such "leniency" for non-Muslims is now set to end." Are you going to follow up this 3 year old assertion from an Islamophobic web site? What happened to the "leniency" in the end?

The Wilayatul Hisbah - and the likes of Dr Marluddin Jalil - command little respect and probably even less int ...[text shortened]... rld's biggest Muslim country, is comparable to Iran. So far you haven't made a case.
    Could Indonesia Become an Islamic state?

...There are however, a growing number of groups in Indonesia today who would like to see the country become an Islamic state and embrace shar’iah law. Since democracy at the end of the Suharto regime, Indonesian leaders have seen a clear increase in the growth of radical Islam. If the newly formed groups and parties could harness widespread public support, Indonesia could move along the road to becoming an Islamic state.

Clearly, there has been a shift in the religious landscape in Indonesia over recent years that makes the development of an Islamic state a more credible possibility than in the past. An overall rise in Muslim consciousness across the nation has seen those who had been nominal Muslims in the past looking to increase their faith and take a greater interest in Islam’s role both nationally and internationally. Students across Indonesia certainly have become more religious and more radical, with university campuses proving to be fertile recruiting grounds for a variety of Islamic groups.

"Islam in Indonesia: Could Indonesia Become an Islamic state?" - http://indonesia.suite101.com/article.cfm/islam_in_indonesia#ixzz09DGiyGSh
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 00:141 edit
    Could Indonesia Become an Islamic state? ...a growing number ... a clear increase ... If [some people] could harness [...] public support, Indonesia could [become] an Islamic state. [...] there has been a shift [...] the development of an Islamic state [is] a more credible possibility than in the past [...] an overall rise [...] [some people are] looking to ...[text shortened]... d take a greater interest [...] [some people] have become more religious and more radical [...]
    Wishy washy conjecture.

Seems to me, whereas I am simply trying to provide some perspective, you are doggedly trying to avoid it or remove it.

And for good measure, this is from the link you pasted:

"Indonesia’s leaders have not identified with the idea of an Islamic state, preferring to maintain other forms of government and adhering to the Indonesian theory of Pancasila. Similarly there has never been any real widespread public support for the establishment of an Islamic state, although there have been occasions where Muslims have rallied behind particular Islamic issues. Democracy in Indonesia has not brought any significant electoral success for hard-line Islamic parties."
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 01:131 edit
    I mean, it's like Christianity with one more prophet. That's all. It's like all Jews hating all Christians because Christians think Jesus was a prophet. And it can't be Muslim terrorism, because Jewish and Christian terrorism is much more prevalent. It can't be the sexism that pervades the fundamental branches like the Wahabi, because these principles are ba ...[text shortened]... principles, and the Old Testament is followed by all Abrahamics to some extent.

So, why?
    muslim believe that everyone should be a mulim, or pay taxes to them or be die.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree