1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 06:43
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I cannot imagine torturing someone forever because they rejected me. Not even someone I hated.
    I think God is much more righteous than I am.
    Agree. Is god really full of love? No, not at all.

God created hell, god is evil.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 06:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Bearing in mind that your version of Jesus conceived, created, maintains, governs and presides in person with his Angels over this "devil's hell "; do you think that your desire to see everyone escape it is somehow incongruent with the will of Jesus who has preordained those who are going to escape it?
    Bump2 for KellyJay 😉
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 18:301 edit
    Originally posted by apathist
    Of god and satan, which on killed everything in a fit of anger?
    In a fit of anger, you decided to not believe in the Savior Jesus Christ.

As I read through the Bible I see many manifestations of God's long-suffering and patience accompanying His righteous judgment. And of course I see His opening a door of salvation, forgiveness and mercy.

In a fit of anger you shut your eyes tight so as to not see this evidence from Genesis all the way through Revelation.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 20:06
    I cannot imagine torturing someone forever because they rejected me. Not even someone I hated.
    It just goes to prove there is no such thing as hell, devils or any of the other crap of the biggest scam in human history.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 21:01
    In the contemplation of eternal destinies it behooves us to think about the character of the Person from which we learned.

Without controversy we learned something about the Omniscience, Omnipotence and Almightiness of God from Jesus. From His mouth we heard such words of love as were never spoken. From His mouth we learned words of forgiveness, mercy, long-suffering and pardon ALONG with words of the inescapable rendezvous of all people with His righteous judgment.

This man cared nothing for Himself.
    He wanted everything for His Father and His Father's will.
    He does not seem to have been given to self-delusion or prone to flattery.
    His mind was sober enough to speak words which impacted history for thousands of years.
    His perception, His insight, His exposure of hypocrisy all evidence a life of incredible integrity.

There is no one who is not offended by at least something Jesus taught.
    He is nobody's puppet or tool when His words are taken in full.
    He speaks of death and steps into it willingly, in a horror of injustice, to HIS MIND for OUR salvation from God's judgment.

Some of us believe that His power to overcome the grave only matched the power of His moral example and teaching.

It is from THIS mouth that the words about being separated from God forever come to us.
    To pretend fools stuck the words into His mouth afterwards is wishful daydreaming.

A man such as Jesus, among the many, many other things He said, also taught about the perishing away from God forever. How can we ignore this KIND of Person?
    How can you dismiss Christ as a scam ?
    You have to be sure because of the quality of Man that Jesus was.

Make no mistake about it. The greater bulk of what you know from the Bible about eternal punishment came from the mouth of Jesus.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 21:17
    Originally posted by sonship
    Some of us believe that His power to overcome the grave only matched the power of His moral example and teaching.
    Do you think humans should take this moral example then, and, under certain circumstances, torture people by burning them (while being careful to not let them die), not in search of information that might save lives, for instance, but quite simply because of the thoughtcrimes of the person being tortured and because of our anger and desire for vengeance?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 21:35
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Agree. Is god really full of love? No, not at all.

God created hell, god is evil.
    God is all good, the devil is all bad. It is really that simple.
    Hell (the lake of fire) I don't think exists yet. That is still future.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 00:033 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think humans should take this moral example then, and, under certain circumstances, torture people by burning them (while being careful to not let them die), not in search of information that might save lives, for instance, but quite simply because of the thoughtcrimes of the person being tortured and because of our anger and desire for vengeance?
    I think that you know that there is a God.

I think arguing with fellow human beings about it medicates you into hoping such reasonings will cause this realization to be less real.

ie. "Winning arguments against Christian X will cause there to be no God."
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 00:18
    I think that you know that there is a God.

I think arguing with fellow human beings about it medicates you into hoping such reasonings will cause this realization to be less real.

ie. "Winning arguments against Christian X will cause there to be no God."
    Why not answer my question?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 00:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why not answer my question?
    Sometimes I don't answer your question/s. Get use to it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 00:42
    Sometimes I don't answer your question/s. Get use to it.
    Your inability to answer is part of the discourse.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:06

I agree with this concerning myself also.
    Man is so offended by the prospect that he cannot get away with violation of God's law.
    Man is very offended at the thought of infinite displeasure.

We readily accept the good news of God's infinite love. But we assume that this cannot co-exist with His infinite displeasure.

Man is bothered that he cannot alude the eyes of God or move beyond where His "hand" could reach.

We find it hard to believe that that far piercing eye from which we could never wander too far away beyond His love is also the far piercing eye which discerns our evil. The two-edged-ness of this attribute, our vested self interest as sinners, dislikes.

"If His love is boundless, well then His permissiveness must be infinitely boundless."
    It doesn't occur to us naturally that there could be such a thing as unrighteous forgiveness. That is a forgiveness that encourages the continuation of evil doing.

The cost for Him to justify us before perfection, will require eternity to understand.
    It must be that the rejection of this in Christ is a crime that will call forth infinite displeasure.

I am glad that I do not have to be able to explain this in order to be saved.
    I am glad that to be IN CHRIST is sufficient from Him to be my rightness before God.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:23
    Man is so offended by the prospect that he cannot get away with violation of God's law.
    But your ideology is that you, as a believer, are "saved" regardless of whether you are guilty of "violations of God's law". How is that anything other than to "get away with it"?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:28

I agree with this concerning myself also.
    Man is very offended at the thought of infinite displeasure.

We readily accept the good news of God's infinite love. But we assume that this cannot co-exist ...[text shortened]... be saved.
    I am glad that to be IN CHRIST is sufficient from Him to be my rightness before God.
    I am glad I don't have to explain it either, but I consider it an honor to explain that I believe the bible teaches annihilation. It clears God of any "darkness", imagined or real.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    But your ideology is that you, as a believer, are "saved" regardless of whether you are guilty of "violations of God's law". How is that anything other than to "get away with it"?
    Because there is the reality of genuine repentance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree