Why We HATE Hell

Why We HATE Hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999 to sonship
Are you that stupid?
I think it is an attempt to put forward calculatedly deceptive "argument". I think it's deliberate and willful, rather than "stupid" per se.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jun 17
1 edit

Often we Christians should repent for simply not being for God.
All people are invariably for something ELSE besides God.

I do often repent for being for something other than God.
Repent for the kingdom of the heavens is at hand was the preaching of John the Baptist in Matthew. And Jesus repeated the exact same thing opening His ministry in Matthew.

The main problem of fallen man is that he is simply not for God.
To repent for the kingdom is to repent for not being for God, for not being in God's kingdom.

May may think that "I should repent for stealing." Or "I need to repent for fornication." Or "I must repent for cursing at drivers on the road."

Well, yes we should repent of sins like these. But we need to first repent for simply being for many OTHER things beside God. We were created to be for God and unto God. Too much of our misery and anxiety and sinfulness is that we are not under God's administration.

F

Moves
27 Jun 17

Originally posted by sonship
The main problem of fallen man is that he is simply not for God.
To repent for the kingdom is to repent for not being for God, for not being in God's kingdom.
How are people who simply do not believe in your god figure supposed to be able to do this?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
I think it is an attempt to put forward calculatedly deceptive "argument". I think it's deliberate and willful, rather than "stupid" per se.
Actually I think he is in fact that stupid.. 🙂

F

Moves
27 Jun 17

Too much of our misery and anxiety and sinfulness is that we are not under God's administration.
What "misery and anxiety", for example, do you suffer as a result of you not being "under God's administration"?

F

Moves
27 Jun 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Actually I think he is in fact that stupid.. 🙂
In so far as it is a glaring gap in what he has internalized and regurgitates here day in day out ~ and especially if he is not aware of how weak and trite it is ~ then maybe so.

T

Moves
27 Jun 17

Repent for the kingdom means to repent for not being under the administration of God.
It is to repent for not being under God as King.

This is the opening of the New Testament in [b]Matthew
by both John the Baptist and by Jesus.

In the typical concept of many people is that the New Testament should first teach to repent for stealing o ...[text shortened]... First man needs to repent simply for not being for God and not being under God's administration.[/b]
You seem to have lost track of the discussion. Following is a recap what had been said thus far:

ss: Man is so offended by the prospect that he cannot get away with violation of God's law.

FMF:But your ideology is that you, as a believer, are "saved" regardless of whether you are guilty of "violations of God's law". How is that anything other than to "get away with it"?

CB: Because there is the reality of genuine repentance.

ToO: If the repentance were truly genuine, the individual would cease to commit sin.

How exactly does your response fit the discussion?

T

Moves
27 Jun 17
3 edits

Often we Christians should repent for simply not being for God.
All people are invariably for something ELSE besides God.

I do often repent for being for something other than God.
Repent for the kingdom of the heavens is at hand was the preaching of John the Baptist in Matthew. And Jesus repeated the exact same thing opening His ministry in [b]Matthew. ...[text shortened]... Too much of our misery and anxiety and sinfulness is that we are not under God's administration.
C'mon Jaywill. Are you referring to this?
Matthew 4
17From that time Jesus began to preach and say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

This means "Repent, [because] the kingdom of heaven is at hand". That they need to repent of their sins because the kingdom of heaven is within their grasp.

Tell me you're not serious.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jun 17
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
It's termination of existence, isn't it, not "non-existence"?
A real simple answer has still not come yet. I think a simple answer would not need a question mark at the end.

Is every being that is non-existing abiding under the wrath of God ?
If your answer (for chechbaiter I suppose) is NO. ie "Everyone who does not exist is not abiding under the wrath of God" then how could those whose existence is TERMINATED be abiding under the judging wrath of God ?

Don't blame me for the concept. It is the concept of some Annihilation explanations of New Testament passages.

A non-existent entity is not abiding under anything. If they were under judgment it was terminated when their existence was terminated.

If they were abiding under the wrath of God that abiding was terminated when their existence was terminated. If that is the case then it is not eternal punishment (Matt. 25:46) but temporary punishment.

But aionios carries the meaning of the opposite of temporary.

"The things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal [aionios] (2 Cor. 4:18)

" For our momentary [temporary] lightness of affliction works out for us, more and more surpassingly, an eternal [aionios] weight of glory." (2 Cor. 4:17)

F

Moves
27 Jun 17

A real simple answer has still not come yet. I think a simple answer would not need a question mark at the end.
My question goes to the very heart of your sophistry, as you well know

Your evasive wriggling is your answer.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jun 17
2 edits

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Matthew 4
17From that time Jesus began to preach and say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

This means "Repent, [because] the kingdom of heaven is at hand". That they need to repent for their sins because the kingdom of heaven is within their grasp.

Yes, that is a passage I am referring to. And why would I not be serious ?

Repent for the kingdom is just a little shorthand of the rest of the verse - "Repent for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near." (Matt. 4:17 RcV)

Matthew 3:2 (RcV) - "Repent for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near."

God's administration is coming. Repent for not being under God's kingdom.
Repent FOR the kingdom of the heavens.

Why would I not be serious ?

F

Moves
27 Jun 17

A non-existent entity is not abiding under anything. If they were under judgment it was terminated when their existence was terminated.
Is a criminal who gets executed for his crime still alive and unpunished after the sentence is carried out? No. Don't be daft. Does the fact that he no longer exists after being executed mean that he therefore escaped "judgement". No. Don't be daft.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
My question goes to the very heart of your sophistry, as you well know

Your evasive wriggling is your answer.
On the contrary. The sophistry is the back door you leave open by not stating matters without a question mark.

I think it must mean that you are not sure of your answer.

T

Moves
27 Jun 17

Matthew 4

This means "Repent, [because] the kingdom of heaven is at hand". That they need to repent for their sins because the kingdom of heaven is within their grasp.

Yes, that is a passage I am referring t ...[text shortened]... g under God's kingdom.
Repent FOR the kingdom of the heavens.

Why would I not be serious ?
Because your interpretation doesn't make any sense. Especially in light of what John the Baptist had to say in Matthew 3. He's telling them they need to repent of their sins because the kingdom of God is so near.

Do you understand that the word "for" can mean "because"?

F

Moves
27 Jun 17

On the contrary. The sophistry is the back door you leave open by not stating matters without a question mark.
You are free to interpret the question mark as a sign of my incredulity at the clumsy evasive straw man-wordplay you are resorting to on this issue.