1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:43
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Because there is the reality of genuine repentance.
    So, merely thinking some convoluted stuff about yourself takes care of these supposed "violations of God's law" and guarantees immortality. Presumably no amount of "violations of God's law" ~ as long as there is "repentance" ~ matters. One is "saved" for having certain thoughts, and it cannot be undone, right?

So is "judgement" about how "genuine" the "repentance" is?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:433 edits
    I am glad I don't have to explain it either, but I consider it an honor to explain that I believe the bible teaches annihilation. It clears God of any "darkness", imagined or real.
    Well, let me ask a question about annihilation.

If for God to put anyone under the wrath of God (John 3:36) is for him to be non-existent, then does that mean that all who are non-existent are under the judgment of God's wrath ?

Mr. Allen K. Noone has never been born. He doesn't exist. Allen K. Noone has never been at any time in existence. Is this person under the wrath of God ?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:44
    There is a limit to repentance and forgiveness. The bible is clear on that.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:50
    Originally posted by sonship
    Well, let me ask a question about annihilation.

If for God to put anyone under the wrath of God [b](John 3:36)
    is for him to be non-existent, then does that mean that all who are non-existent are under the judgment of God's wrath ?

Mr. Allen K. Atheist has never been born. He doesn't exist. Has never been at any time in existence. Is this person under the wrath of God ?[/b]
    Sounds like a nonsense question.

Under the wrath of God means to face judgment and punishment.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:541 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Sounds like a nonsense question.

Under the wrath of God means to face judgment and punishment.
    I read the teachings of some strong Annihilationists.

I have heard them explain that the eternal judgment is non-existence not eternal suffering. Hence the question.

Does that mean that all who do not exist and have never been born are under the judgment of God ?

Give the man a chance to offer a reply.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:561 edit
    If the repentance were truly genuine, the individual would cease to commit sin.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:57
    I have heard them explain that the eternal judgment is non-existence not eternal suffering. Hence the question. Does that mean that all who do not exist and have never been born are under the judgment of God ?
    This is sophistry, sonship. If the punishment is termination of existence [not "non-existence"], how is that related in any way to never having existed. Is wordplay all you have to offer?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 01:59
    I read the teachings of some strong Annihilationists.

I have heard them explain that the eternal judgment is non-existence not eternal suffering. Hence the question.

Does that mean that all who do not exist and have never been born are under the judgment of God ?

Give the man a chance to offer a reply.
    What an incredibly dumb question!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 02:02
    Actually, I think it's calculated rhetorical sleight-of-word in the absence of an argument.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 02:041 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    If the repentance were truly genuine, the individual would cease to sin.
    Repent for the kingdom means to repent for not being under the administration of God.
    It is to repent for not being under God as King.

This is the opening of the New Testament in Matthew by both John the Baptist and by Jesus.

In the typical concept of many people is that the New Testament should first teach to repent for stealing or repent for murder or repent for adultery, etc, But it states that men should first repent for not being under the rule of God. Men should repent for the kingdom. Men should have a change of mind concerning the administration of God over their lives.

First man needs to repent simply for not being for God and not being under God's administration.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 02:061 edit
    First man needs to repent simply for not being for God and not being under God's administration.
    Do you repent every day for not being for God and not being under God's administration?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 02:121 edit
    A simple answer has not come yet.

To counter the teaching of eternal suffering for the rejecting of Christ, I have heard the argument that the second death has to be annihilation into non-existence. That is the the judgment and the punishment - non-existence.

"He who believes into the Son has eternal life; but he who disobeys the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides upon him." (John 3:36)

How can the wrath of God abide on anyone who does not exist?
    Are all who do not exist now abiding under the wrath of God ?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 02:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Actually, I think it's calculated rhetorical sleight-of-word in the absence of an argument.
    Maybe. Others use that technique on him and he falls for it. So he figures we will too.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 02:16

To counter the teaching of eternal suffering for the rejecting of Christ, I have heard the argument that the second death has to be annihilation into non-existence. That is the the judgment and the punishment - [b]non-existence

[quote] "He who believes into the Son has eternal life; but he who disobeys the Son ...[text shortened]... de on anyone who does not exist?
    Are all who do not exist now abiding under the wrath of God ?
    Are you that stupid?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 02:171 edit
    It's termination of existence, isn't it, not "non-existence"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree