1. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 15:131 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You would be right, I cannot tell him no. But as Dive said in different words, it is your understanding of the scriptures that is at fault here.
    God is all good and in Him is no darkness....(you know the verse)
    Eternal torment is darkness. It is not in His character understanding the whole scope of the scriptures.
    I believe Satan will be tormented for ...[text shortened]... e to pay for his crimes and sin, but even he will eventually be reduced to ashes and be no more.
    Here is one doctrine on which we agree. Satan, Devil, False Prophet and the Beast plus all those who are called devils angels are tormented. Several evil kings and leaders are some of these devils angels.

Many will be cast into the lake of fire but most will die and be destroyed permanently. The doctrine of the eternal soul is not in the Bible and this is the doctrine that eternal torment is based on.

The other issue is that there are billions of people who live out their lives as average people doing neither good nor bad. These Christians claim that all of these people are tormented eternally simply for not knowing of Christ. This alone shows me the kind of mentality which these Christians have.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 15:33
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Here is one doctrine on which we agree. Satan, Devil, False Prophet and the Beast plus all those who are called devils angels are tormented. Several evil kings and leaders are some of these devils angels.

Many will be cast into the lake of fire but most will die and be destroyed permanently. The doctrine of the eternal soul is not in the Bible and this ...[text shortened]... or not knowing of Christ. This alone shows me the kind of mentality which these Christians have.
    The doctrine of the eternal soul is not in the Bible and this is the doctrine that eternal torment is based on.
    This is right, also the phrase "forever and ever" which is literally "ages unto ages" which means a set period of time.
    This is probably the only thing we agree on.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 16:54
    Of god and satan, which on killed everything in a fit of anger?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 17:132 edits
    You would be right, I cannot tell him no. But as Dive said in different words, it is your understanding of the scriptures that is at fault here.
    God is all good and in Him is no darkness....(you know the verse)
    Eternal torment is darkness. It is not in His character understanding the whole scope of the scriptures.
    I believe Satan will be tormented for ...[text shortened]... e to pay for his crimes and sin, but even he will eventually be reduced to ashes and be no more.
    Well that remains to be seen, I would love to see everyone avoid a devil's Hell. I just don't think that is the case, and since my wants, and desires have nothing to do with changing the outcome, I will share the truth as I see it, not as I want it to be.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 18:481 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well that remains to be seen, I would love to see everyone avoid a devil's Hell.
    Bearing in mind that your version of Jesus conceived, created, maintains, governs and presides in person with his Angels over this "devil's hell "; do you think that your desire to see everyone escape it is somehow incongruent with the will of Jesus who has preordained those who are going to escape it?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 21:02
    Well that remains to be seen, I would love to see everyone avoid a devil's Hell. I just don't think that is the case, and since my wants, and desires have nothing to do with changing the outcome, I will share the truth as I see it, not as I want it to be.
    I am saying the same thing.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 21:57
    I am saying the same thing.
    I hope we all are.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 00:28
    I hope we all are.
    You don't understand. I say the same thing, that is, as I see it in the Bible, not as you see it.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 00:53
    You don't understand. I say the same thing, that is, as I see it in the Bible, not as you see it.
    I understood that to be the case, it is my hope you accept scripture as the truth and avoid placing your feelings above it.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 01:20
    I understood that to be the case, it is my hope you accept scripture as the truth and avoid placing your feelings above it.
    I do, we just don't agree on what it means.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 01:37
    I do, we just don't agree on what it means.
    There is a lot of that going around.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 02:21
    There is a lot of that going around.
    That's because the adversary is doing a good job.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 02:33
    That's because the adversary is doing a good job.
    Well, no matter how it ends, I trust God to do right.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 04:36
    Originally posted by sonship
    The [b]"lake of fire" per se, is a hated, much hated concept.
    Either we have to argue that Jesus NEVER taught eternal damnation or that the understanding of some of His words cannot amount to the same.

I have listened to many very intelligent people launch their arguments against the Gospel of Christ. Many elegant, extensively reasoned, we ...[text shortened]... aid down His life for us on Calvary. I am not sure. I have contemplated it for decades, decades.[/b]
    In a hundred years time PUNISHMENT will be such an archaic concept that Christians will have to completely ditch this view.

Any Supreme Being would be way beyond punishing anyone or anything.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 05:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Bearing in mind that your version of Jesus conceived, created, maintains, governs and presides in person with his Angels over this "devil's hell "; do you think that your desire to see everyone escape it is somehow incongruent with the will of Jesus who has preordained those who are going to escape it?
    Bump for KellyJay 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree