1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jul '17 12:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Come on, you think Neantertals were what, fake, no such thing? When we have already extracted DNA from them and established and it is like ours but with differences, lots of differences and some of OUR DNA comes directly from them.

Are you a Neandertal denier?
    Lots of differences, give me the links!
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '17 14:08
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Lots of differences, give me the links!
    https://www.livescience.com/28036-neanderthals-facts-about-our-extinct-human-relatives.html

One recent analysis suggests Neandertals need about 600 calories more per day and this was ok when food was plentiful but a real disadvantage when times were scarce.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Jul '17 22:05
    Originally posted by sonship
    Man does not "hate" the concept of punishment. That should be obvious from history.

Now man does not like not being able to beat God, best God, out think, out maneuver God. I think the thought of being completely at a loss before God as a unrepentant sinner, is hated.

This is possibly exacerbated because God is not intrusive. No lightening is likely ...[text shortened]...
    What we should think more about is what God has done that man may be reconciled to the Perfect.
    "Man does not "hate" the concept of punishment"

That's not what I said...but I disagree anyway, I never like punishing people (except when its consensual) I'm sure most would agree.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 09:351 edit
    Hell and Armageddon are monotheism's caveat. No good entities would endorse such suffering.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 10:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    https://www.livescience.com/28036-neanderthals-facts-about-our-extinct-human-relatives.html

One recent analysis suggests Neandertals need about 600 calories more per day and this was ok when food was plentiful but a real disadvantage when times were scarce.
    They sure came up with a lot of information about everything to do with this creature from
    what bones, from family structures and so on. Do you think those to be facts?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 10:10
    Originally posted by Christopher Albon
    Hell and Armageddon are monotheism's caveat. No good entities would endorse such suffering.
    Have you been introduced to @sonship?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 10:11
    If you want bring up again this accusation about " beings in other worlds " matter I would request that each time you please paste in the quotation from which you derive that complaint.

Since the half truthfulness of your accusation has been dealt with more than once, accompany your revisiting of the charge with the original quotation.

Otherwis ...[text shortened]... just acting like Senator McCarthy - repeating the big lie:
    An argument by repetitious slander.
    I've quoted and posted the link loads of times, you just run away every time I do.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 10:121 edit
    bump for Divegeester

Do you believe that Jesus was unethically and unrighteously giving us the wrong impression when He spoke about Lazarus, the rich man, and their respective conditions after they died ?

See [b] Luke 16:19-31.

All I want you to do is explain WHY Jesus gave an impression in His teaching which is not true. If He did, was it not unrighteous for Him to leave us with that kind of impression ?
    [/b]
    Jesus taught using parables, stories and analogies all the time.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 11:57
    Not yet, could I trouble you for an introduction?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 22:40
    Not yet, could I trouble you for an introduction?
    Sure; this is @sonship.

Enjoy each other.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 11:034 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester

Brevity doesn't help your argument that much.

Analogies, stories, parables have a point.
    Why would Jesus give an analogy, parable, or story illustrating a situation which He knew would never be possible to exist (Luke 16:19-31) or anything like it ?

Would it not be unrighteous of Christ to convey a point that is unnecessary and impossible, not to mention against God's will ?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 11:131 edit
    I have heard people be appalled at the concept of hell.
    I have never heard of anyone saying that the Battle of Armageddon was not worthy of a good God.

How can we have a eternally good God without an corresponding eternal hatred for sin evil and rebellion against His good kingdom?

Before you rattle off a response, please keep in mind how much space in the Bible is given to God's work of redemption and salvation from His judgment through Christ.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 14:31
    I have heard people be appalled at the concept of hell.
    I have never heard of anyone saying that the Battle of Armageddon was not worthy of a good God.

How can we have a eternally good God without an corresponding eternal hatred for sin evil and rebellion against His good kingdom?

Before you rattle off a response, please keep in mind how ...[text shortened]... the Bible is given to God's work of redemption and salvation from His judgment through Christ.
    I don't know how it all fits together but I do know this. Any entity that truly loves others would not rise above them.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 19:41
    I don't know how it all fits together but I do know this. Any entity that truly loves others would not rise above them.
    Thank goodness you're here...to help us.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 19:491 edit
    So a nursing mother should never, in some sense, rise above her children?
    A providing and nurturing father should never, in some sense, rise above his children?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree