Why We HATE Hell

Why We HATE Hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jun 17
2 edits

Try as hard as you can to not believe God exists.
I think you cannot.
Why blame me about my "god figure" ?

Expected pushback -

Ahem! You don't seem to understand. I am a real Atheist !

Okay. You're an Atheist - but what goes on real deep down there ?
It is kind of an itch that you can never fully scratch away.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jun 17

Originally posted by sonship
Try as hard as you can to not believe God exists.
I think you cannot.

Expected pushback -

Ahem! You don't seem to understand. I am a real [b]Atheist
!

Okay. You're an Atheist - but what goes on real deep down there ?
It is kind of an itch that you can never fully scratch away.[/b]
The only itch atheists feel is the feeling of ticks on their skin when confronting religious right wing nutters.

F

Moves
30 Jun 17

I am a released debtor whose dept was PAID.
I am not a debtor whose dept was overlooked and not paid up.
I am a forgiven person because judgment upon me was executed on the God ordained Substitute - Christ at Calvary.

I did not get away (in a sense).
In Christ I was judged.
What you are describing is - exactly and explicitly - 'getting away with it '. You have even declared your future "sins" already "forgiven".

F

Moves
30 Jun 17

It's the sheer convolution of your ideology that is under scrutiny, not a supernatural being.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jun 17

The [b]"lake of fire" per se, is a hated, much hated concept.
Either we have to argue that Jesus NEVER taught eternal damnation or that the understanding of some of His words cannot amount to the same.

I have listened to many very intelligent people launch their arguments against the Gospel of Christ. Many elegant, extensively reasoned, we ...[text shortened]... aid down His life for us on Calvary. I am not sure. I have contemplated it for decades, decades.[/b]
We bring evil with us and unlike the next life this one is temporary, and we see what evil does here. The next life isn't temporary it's never going to see evil as this one has. So those that choose evil will be cast into the lake of fire. There will be no excuse that day!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It's the sheer convolution of your ideology that is under scrutiny, not a supernatural being.
FMF,

You are not able to poke a major hole in the Gospel of God.
You do not intimidate me because you can locate something you think is not 1000% logically consistent like a flow chart with a incorrect branch here or a mishaped decision box there.

You can whittle, dice, slice, scrutinize, cut, knick and splice away at for another 10 or 20 years. The loss will only end up being yours.

Everybody, read about the king who took a knife and page by page cut up Jeremiah's prophecy and page by page tossed it into a little fire. I am so glad God understands how some people will react to the Word of God.

That's king Johoiakim contemptuosly sliceing away piece by piece at the Jeremiah scroll (Jeremiah 35).

F

Moves
30 Jun 17

FMF,

You do not intimidate me because you can locate something you think is not 1000% logically consistent like a flow chart with a incorrect branch here or a mishaped decision box there.

You can whittle, dice, slice, scrutinize, cut, knick and splice away at for another 10 or 20 years. The loss will only end up being yours.

Christians are at their most tragic and ludicrous when they try to aim their portentous threats at non-believers.

Moves
30 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
What you are describing is - exactly and explicitly - 'getting away with it '. You have even declared your future "sins" already "forgiven".
Do you think it is unfair for God to forgive someone's sins if they repent and ask for forgiveness?

F

Moves
30 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Do you think it is unfair for God to forgive someone's sins if they repent and ask for forgiveness?
I believe Christians "forgive" themselves.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
And if there is no such god?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jun 17

djbecker, you were right on somewhere where you said without God man has no hope.

Without God man has no hope - hopeless.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jun 17
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
[b]FMF,

You can whittle, dice, slice, scrutinize, cut, knick and splice away at for another 10 or 20 years. The ...[text shortened]... their most tragic and ludicrous when they try to aim their portentous threats at non-believers.
Christians are at their most tragic and ludicrous when they try to aim their portentous threats at non-believers.

The only "threat" implied in that last post of mine to you was of futility.
In YOUR head you imagined some threat.

The only "threat" I implied was of FUTILITY dude.
Maybe there was an implied threat of BOREDOM for the both of us.

Moves
30 Jun 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
We bring evil with us and unlike the next life this one is temporary, and we see what evil does here. The next life isn't temporary it's never going to see evil as this one has. So those that choose evil will be cast into the lake of fire. There will be no excuse that day!
Do you know anyone who has "chosen evil"? And if so what "evil" is it that they are doing?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jun 17
5 edits

lol. I only "threatened" you with wasting your own time.

Your arguments do nothing to damage the Gospel.

"Sire, the church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."

“Infidels of eighteen hundred years have been refuting and overthrowing this book, and yet it stands today as solid rock. Its circulation increases, and it is more loved and cherished and read today than ever before. Infidels, with all their assaults, make about as much impression on this book as a man with a tack hammer would on the Pyramids of Egypt.

“When the French monarch proposed the persecution of Christians in his dominion, an old statesman and warrior said to him, ‘Sire, the church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.’ So the hammers of infidels have been pecking away at this book for ages, but the hammers are worn out, and the anvil still endures. If this book had not been the book of God, men would have destroyed it long ago. Emperors and popes, kings and priests, princes and rulers have all tried their hand at it; they die and the book still lives.”

“No other book has been so chopped, knived, sifted, scrutinized, and vilified. What book on philosophy or religion or psychology or belles lettres of classical or modern times has been subject to such a mass attack as the Bible? With such venom and skepticism? With such thoroughness and erudition? Upon every chapter, line and tenet? The Bible is still loved by millions, and studied by millions.

http://www.forerunner.com/forerunner/X0002_Anvil.html [my bolding]

F

Moves
30 Jun 17

The only "threat" implied in that last post of mine to you was of futility.
In YOUR head you imagined some threat.
You have been telling non-believers that they are going to be tortured for eternity for their lack of belief here for years and years as part of the 'logic' of your version of "morality" and "justice" and as your means of trying to wave away dissent and disagreement.

To describe my voluntary and enthusiastic participation on a debate and discussion forum as a "loss" for me is a perspective that is bizarrely tangled up in your own vanity.

You yourself have suggested that I may have convinced hundreds of people on this forum to reject your ideology. If turning people away from your dogma and beliefs were my objective, how could succeeding in doing so on hundreds of occasions ~ according to your own headcount ~ now be described as a "loss"?